• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Ferry go to the beach for last couple of weeks?

lush23

I haven't seen the Hawks mentioned in any rumors in awhile. Please don't tell me that we are done acquiring players. If so Ferry is set on winning 45 games a year, making the playoffs and drawing a paycheck for as long as he can. Take some chances for goodness sakes!

• Like 1

• Moderators

According to a reliable source on Hawksquawk, the Hawks are not done acquiring players.

Last I checked, we're still under the cap minimum so we have to add somebody.

The real question is.. are we adding a major talent or are we adding filler pieces?

I guess we have a few weeks to know for sure... However, the question on the floor is,

What players that are left in free agency would fit in the Hawks system?

This is different from who do you like... this is about good fit.  Who is a good fit for us?

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/396528-the-hawks-are-not-done-acquiring-players/

• Like 1

Outside of a trade that improves a position on our starting unit, I don't see what FA pick-up (non-restricted, so excluding Bledsoe and Monroe) will make us a better team than the 40+ win team everyone pictures us at now anyways.

Edited by RWF

• Premium Member

I think the only real names left are Bledsoe and Monroe and if we gave them deals their teams would simply match it unless we're doing a S&T. Not really sure what DF can be doing at this point on the FA market. Give Marion a deal?

He probably went to foreign beaches instead of college beaches.

He's prolly chillin with diddy in saint tropez having to hear those god awful Brooklyn stories and how diddy n biggie ran the town and hustled people, trying to gettem to do stuff for cheap and Ferry is wondering if he can make that work with the few free agents left.

I think we are stuck on moves until Love gets traded. Not just for the Hawks, but the entire league. Labron's power trip seems to have no bounding the NBA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

According to a reliable source on Hawksquawk, the Hawks are not done acquiring players.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/396528-the-hawks-are-not-done-acquiring-players/

Well, I can see us signing Charlie Villaneuva for the vet Min (2mil) for 1 year.

If that's any indication of how we will fill the minimum requirement.

I don't think we're done.  However, without a move of Smoove, I don't see Detroit working with us on a SNT for Monroe either.

• Premium Member

Everyone has to understand one thing.  The team is being operated on the cheap, if you look at every single move that has been made by Ferry it is a cost saving measure.  I give Ferry props for getting a good deal with Sap and that has turned out pretty good, but with that being said when Horford went down he was the only legit big man we had, its happened in the past with Jackson and others. 

I've accepted the fact that the Hawks will not acquire a major player(s).  The fact is the ownership and the front office are going to really control the dollars.  You just have to look at the moves made.  For instance we have had 2 trade exceptions and not used either one, the last one we had it was traded to OKC for no apparent reason. 

Be content with role type players at Kmart costs because that is the future of the Atlanta Hawks.

This is not acceptable to me and I will rail against Ferry and the ASG until they make a move that disputes my claims.

Edited by Vol4ever

Everyone has to understand one thing.  The team is being operated on the cheap, if you look at every single move that has been made by Ferry it is a cost saving measure.  I give Ferry props for getting a good deal with Sap and that has turned out pretty good, but with that being said when Horford went down he was the only legit big man we had, its happened in the past with Jackson and others. 

I've accepted the fact that the Hawks will not acquire a major player(s).  The fact is the ownership and the front office are going to really control the dollars.  You just have to look at the moves made.  For instance we have had 2 trade exceptions and not used either one, the last one we had it was traded to OKC for no apparent reason. 

Be content with role type players at Kmart costs because that is the future of the Atlanta Hawks.

This is not acceptable to me and I will rail against Ferry and the ASG until they make a move that disputes my claims.

Teams operating "on the cheap" dont offer 11 million a year to Pau Gasol. The Hawks are sticking to a gameplan stay financially flexible, competitive, and add assets. All of our moves show this. Ferry nor Bud would have came here if the ASG didnt have th3 intentions of building a contender.
  • Like 1

I love this "stay flexible" shit. As if it's going to pay off in any major way.

Theres no way to know. One thing we do know is that overpaying for players hasnt. We might get lucky like the Rockets or we might not. Its definitely worth the shot.
  • Like 1

Theres no way to know. One thing we do know is that overpaying for players hasnt. We might get lucky like the Rockets or we might not. Its definitely worth the shot.

I hope we're not pinning our hopes on getting lucky.  Overpaying isn't necessarily even the problem.  I'd blame poor drafting before I'd blame overpaying as it puts you in the position of having to overpay.

I was listening to NBA radio and they were talking about the differences between the 4-5 teams that land FA's and those that do not.  The most salient point they made was that, if you're not one of those teams, you can't become one until you land something significant in the draft.  Then you have a chance.  Until then, free agency will be a painful process.

I hope we're not pinning our hopes on getting lucky.  Overpaying isn't necessarily even the problem.  I'd blame poor drafting before I'd blame overpaying as it puts you in the position of having to overpay.

I was listening to NBA radio and they were talking about the differences between the 4-5 teams that land FA's and those that do not.  The most salient point they made was that, if you're not one of those teams, you can't become one until you land something significant in the draft.  Then you have a chance.  Until then, free agency will be a painful process.

you hope we arent pinning our hopes on getting lucky via free agency or trade, but pinning our hopes on the draft. Very ironic. The draft in the 15-21 is more of a game of chance than a science.

you hope we arent pinning our hopes on getting lucky via free agency or trade, but pinning our hopes on the draft. Very ironic. The draft in the 15-21 is more of a game of chance than a science.

I'd say we've had more chances in the draft to land a difference-maker (but whiffed) than we've had to do so via free agency in the last 30 years.

Id say since Ferry has been here weve been in position to add superstars via free agency more than through the draft.We just werent attractive because we arent perceived as a team one piece away from contention.

• Like 1