The Hawks are not done acquiring players.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Last I checked, we're still under the cap minimum so we have to add somebody.

The real question is.. are we adding a major talent or are we adding filler pieces?

I guess we have a few weeks to know for sure... However, the question on the floor is,

What players that are left in free agency would fit in the Hawks system?

This is different from who do you like... this is about good fit.  Who is a good fit for us?

Evan Turner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I think he would be a good fit. Former number 2 pick too correct? What would it cost to bring him here? I think he would be a good signing, another person with a something to prove and should play with a  chip on his shoulders. How philly and Indy did him. Isn't he 6'7 small forward and can create and handle the ball?

Interesting. I think he would be a good fit. Former number 2 pick too correct? What would it cost to bring him here? I think he would be a good signing, another person with a something to prove and should play with a  chip on his shoulders. How philly and Indy did him. Isn't he 6'7 small forward and can create and handle the ball?

Yeah he was second pick the year Wall went first.  He is very skilled offensively.  Has been a bust though.  I honestly don't know why he hasn't put it together.

Ill guess ill ask some philly fans about him. Was he that good in college to go number 2? I mean he looked alright against us in the playoffs but then INDY stopped playing him. 

Yeah he was second pick the year Wall went first. He is very skilled offensively. Has been a bust though. I honestly don't know why he hasn't put it together.

The funny thing is that while he was at Ohio state he was a great fantastic shooter! He really was but in the NBA so far he can't hit a shot to save his life!

I thought about turner coming to Atlanta and started to create a thread about it but decided against it since there are many who wouldn't want him.

FYI....

Turner is kind of like the John Jenkins situation. I watched both players closely while they were in college and they were good shooters (really good) got to the nba and just sucked. Jenkins has shown flashes and turner has awkwardly turned into more of a slashing type wing but in college he was a pure shooter!

Sometimes I sip on the kool aid too much....

I think bud can turn turner into something special. He can already slash to the goal pretty good, bud will just have to re establish his jump shoot which I know can be done under the right coach.

From what I remember the word on him offensively was he is effective with the ball in his hands, otherwise not so much.

He had the ball in Philly a lot in Indy he didn't.

I'm not sure about his defense but I remember it not being good.

• Moderators

We need a SF still.  Bazemore and Thabo are SG's.  Our only SF ATM is DMC (and KK at spot minutes).  Ferry going after Deng shows that he realizes this.  I could see us bringing in Garcia on a one year vet min deal to round out the roster.  There could also be a trade in the works too.  I wouldn't mind getting in the Pistons/Kings talks as a 3rd team and bring in Kyle Singler.  Poor man's KK would perfect from our bench.  I'd take back Derrick Williams from Sacramento too if a pick came with him.

I'd also be happy with Evan Turner on a 2yr/$9 mil deal.  He isn't worth much more than that, but Boston or Minne will pay him more.

I think we are done.

13 already signed on the roster.  If we keep Muscala, that's 14.

If other teams go after Mack and/or Scott, that could open up some roster spaces if we choose not to up our offer.

Don't know if we'd carry 15 just for the sake of carrying 15.   If we do pick up another guy, it will probably be another big man.

So having said that, I think we're done.

• Premium Member

Forgive me if you've read this elsewhere... until something happens with Scott and Mack, the roster isn't set. It stands to reason that DF hasn't moved on either of those guys b/c he's still looking to churn the roster.

• Like 1

Are Scott and Mack a formality or what's the deal with that? I'd like to see them both back.

I actually love our frontcourt depth, so adding an expensive Monroe would be counterproductive. I still think we need a dominant perimeter player, like we've needed since Nique left. A Westbrook type of piece to solidify our backcourt. Teague, Sefalosha, Mack, Patterson, and Bazemore (who I think the staff has high expectations for but I'm leery) ain't cutting it for me. Bledsoe would be a slight upgrade from Teague, but not a 6 or 7 million dollar upgrade. Championship teams are chock full of good players on great deals, which defines out nucleus of Jeff, Kyle, Al, and Paul.

All that said, I really would like to hear a candid explanation as to why Ferry couldn't get or didn't want to get Lance at 7 mill.

Are Scott and Mack a formality or what's the deal with that? I'd like to see them both back.

I actually love our frontcourt depth, so adding an expensive Monroe would be counterproductive. I still think we need a dominant perimeter player, like we've needed since Nique left. A Westbrook type of piece to solidify our backcourt. Teague, Sefalosha, Mack, Patterson, and Bazemore (who I think the staff has high expectations for but I'm leery) ain't cutting it for me. Bledsoe would be a slight upgrade from Teague, but not a 6 or 7 million dollar upgrade. Championship teams are chock full of good players on great deals, which defines out nucleus of Jeff, Kyle, Al, and Paul.

All that said, I really would like to hear a candid explanation as to why Ferry couldn't get or didn't want to get Lance at 7 mill.

they wouldnt have been issued qos if ferry wasnt interested. Maybe Patterson and Tavares go overseas. Leaves us with 14. Add another wing.

I think we are done.

13 already signed on the roster. If we keep Muscala, that's 14.

If other teams go after Mack and/or Scott, that could open up some roster spaces if we choose not to up our offer.

Don't know if we'd carry 15 just for the sake of carrying 15. If we do pick up another guy, it will probably be another big man.

So having said that, I think we're done.

That is incorrect - we technically have 10 players SIGNED:

Teague/Schröder

KK/JJ

DMC/Thabo

Sap/Payne(has he been signed?)

Al/Pero

Bazemore has not been signed, I'm not sure if Moose's team option has been picked up as yet (can someone confirm). Mack and Scott have been issued their qualifying offers only.

they wouldnt have been issued qos if ferry wasnt interested. Maybe Patterson and Tavares go overseas. Leaves us with 14. Add another wing.

You issue the qualifying offer to make them RFAs do you have the option to match an offer or maybe do a SnT if the price is too high that way you get something in return. Edited by JayBirdHawk

You issue the qualifying offer to make them RFAs do you have the option to match an offer or maybe do a SnT if the price is too high that way you get something in return.

As we've learned with the not so genius that is Morey, you need to work out a sign and trade before they sign an offer sheet. Once they sign the offer sheet then the only option is match or not match, Morey attempted to get Dallas to mutually rescind the deal that Parsons signed but the league office wasn't having it and Dallas eventually didn't think it was worth the hassle leaving Houston in a lurch.

As we've learned with the not so genius that is Morey, you need to work out a sign and trade before they sign an offer sheet. Once they sign the offer sheet then the only option is match or not match, Morey attempted to get Dallas to mutually rescind the deal that Parsons signed but the league office wasn't having it and Dallas eventually didn't think it was worth the hassle leaving Houston in a lurch.

Yep, Morey the genius - couldn't happen to a nicer guy.