• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are not done acquiring players.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Well if Morey could have convinced the Mavs to some sort of a deal, then it could of happened. Except Morey is a total doucher and I'm sure the Mavs remember him trying to trade for Dirk after Howard told the Mavs he was off to Houston. Oh and Gersson Rosas getting hired by the Mavs to be GM then quit in the night before their season opener to head back to Houston for a lesser position.

f*** Morey. I'm sure the rest of the league is fed up with him too. Which is why the Pelicans deal with Asik is so frustrating to see. Dell Demps is a f***ing moron.

You got to applaud Cuban and his staff for that move.  He knew that there was money on the table for Bosh and that Houston was just stalling.  Greatest counter punch ever...

for overpaying?  clap clap clap...

I still contend that, after the next TV deal, that deal won't look like an overpay anymore.  It's why it's frustrating that we're still sitting on cash (to a degree).

• Moderators

Yeah he was second pick the year Wall went first.  He is very skilled offensively.  Has been a bust though.  I honestly don't know why he hasn't put it together.

He hasn't put it together because:

*  He can't shoot;

*  He can't play defense; and

*  He turns the ball over like crazy.

Other than that, I am sure there must be something he has done well other than use a lot of possessions inefficiently.

That is incorrect - we technically have 10 players SIGNED:

Teague/Schröder

KK/JJ

DMC/Thabo

Sap/Payne(has he been signed?)

Al/Pero

Bazemore has not been signed, I'm not sure if Moose's team option has been picked up as yet (can someone confirm). Mack and Scott have been issued their qualifying offers only.

If you want to deal in technicalities, that's fine.

Bazemore WILL be signed.

Mack and Scott have been issued qualifying offers.   If they get no offers from other teams, they will be Hawks next season.

Those 3 players make 13, unless someone goes after Mack and/or Scott.

I wouldn't mind Shawn Marion at all. He showed last year he can still guard 1-4 exceptionally well (Did the best job on Tony Parker in the playoffs) shot 36% from 3 (not bad) and is money on the fast break. Shawn Marion will make this a top 5 defensive team in the league (still have that potential without him)

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind Shawn Marion at all. He showed last year he can still guard 1-4 exceptionally well (Did the best job on Tony Parker in the playoffs) shot 36% from 3 (not bad) and is money on the fast break. Shawn Marion will make this a top 5 defensive team in the league (still have that potential without him)

I agree. We've put a lot of eggs in the defensive basket this offseason. Let's make sure we're one of the best defensive teams in the league.

for overpaying? clap clap clap...

Remember he got Dirk reupping for 3 years and 25. That is forty cents on the dollar for the German. He did that exactly so cubes would have room to improve the team. Just imagine that Dirk and Chandler' s salaries are switched and you'll see that it looks pretty good.

Remember he got Dirk reupping for 3 years and 25. That is forty cents on the dollar for the German. He did that exactly so cubes would have room to improve the team. Just imagine that Dirk and Chandler' s salaries are switched and you'll see that it looks pretty good.

Now THAT was smart! 

(Picture me on my front porch blathering about how there ain't no way an NBA team can pay two white kids that kind of money and win.  it just ain't gonna work.  Sterling told me so.) Seriously, I think that making plays in free agency doesn't work for teams on the rise in many cases because you always have to overpay for the hot player.  doing that creates disruption within a team.

I've always admired Marion's hustle, and Ray Allen is one of my All-Time favorites. They're both old as Georgia Clay, but both fit our system and needs. What they lack in legs, they could make up for in IQ.

Marion would be great as a part timer with Carroll and Thabo.. That would turn the SF position into a strength for the team I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's either the Cavs or retirement for Ray Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can dream cant i korver and ray ray running the break with teauge kicking out for 3s omg !!

There isn't a small forward left worth signing.  Aminu is a good player and he's the best remaining.  

I know we aren't signing him.