• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Ferry stays on as GM...

Sothron

now dont you find that ironic considering Ferrys  rep vs Magics ?? Do you think Magic could stand up to the same type scrutiny ? I think this is one of those things that folks appreciate him for his basketball contributions but would rather him keep his hypocritical mouth shut.

It's not ironic because it's been my point the entire time.  Magic is a legendary basketball player that has successfully marketed himself extremely well.  Magic owns the narrative to his life and Ferry does not.  He doesn't have anything to fall back on because the general public doesn't know him.  Perception is reality.  It's not just some saying, it's the truth.  Ferry's perception is rock bottom.

It's not ironic because it's been my point the entire time.  Magic is a legendary basketball player that has successfully marketed himself extremely well.  Magic owns the narrative to his life and Ferry does not.  He doesn't have anything to fall back on because the general public doesn't know him.  Perception is reality.  It's not just some saying, it's the truth.  Ferry's perception is rock bottom.

I think a true racist would have been fired already - the fact that Silver is satisfied with how the situation has been handled and his boss hasnt fired him means to me  that hes well respected and liked even by his subordinates .  The reason I say this is because it would be super easy to rid themselves of the distraction and no one has leaked any info regarding any negative experience with him ( and dont think TMZ hasnt been digging ). 

Edited by OldTimeHawk

I think a true racist would have been fired already - the fact that Silver is satisfied with how the situation has been handled and his boss hasnt fired him means to me  that hes well respected and liked even by his subordinates .  The reason I say this is because it would be super easy to rid themselves of the distraction and no one has leaked any info regarding any negative experience with him ( and dont think TMZ hasnt been digging ). 

Truth is whoever replaces Levenson will replace Ferry.  That's almost a guarantee.  The ASG are also too busy trying to cut each other's throats to worry about Ferry and Koonin is stuck in the middle with no one to turn to.

• Like 1

Truth is whoever replaces Levenson will replace Ferry.  That's almost a guarantee.  The ASG are also too busy trying to cut each other's throats to worry about Ferry and Koonin is stuck in the middle with no one to turn to.

you are probably right - However if Silver and the CEO  of the Hawks has his back , Ferry does have a good track record as a gm and has put a competitive and fun team on the floor - a lot depends on if there is anything else that may come out .

you are probably right - However if Silver and the CEO  of the Hawks has his back , Ferry does have a good track record as a gm and has put a competitive and fun team on the floor - a lot depends on if there is anything else that may come out .

I think a new owner will clean management out regardless.  It's fairly typical and less there's a legacy GM involved.  Different vision and what not.

It's hilarious how much this is being blown out of proportion. Not one player is going to care that Ferry quoted something dumb about Luol Deng and African storeowners when free agency starts next year. And I felt like that before I read that we signed Elton Brand TODAY. It's no surprise that the people who already spend all of their time talking bad about Ferry are trying to milk this for all its worth. Hawksquawk is going to be even more unbearable for the foreseeable future. Thank God for football. 

It's hilarious how much this is being blown out of proportion. Not one player is going to care that Ferry quoted something dumb about Luol Deng and African storeowners when free agency starts next year. And I felt like that before I read that we signed Elton Brand TODAY. It's no surprise that the people who already spend all of their time talking bad about Ferry are trying to milk this for all its worth. Hawksquawk is going to be even more unbearable for the foreseeable future. Thank God for football. 

I don't understand people that come to internet message boards and expect everyone to agree with them.  "Oh man these people don't agree with me.  They must be stupid and I can't stand them."  Sorry for not walking the company line.

• Like 1

Unless something new comes out, Ferry will be our GM next year. I have no doubt about that. It is silly how big of a deal this has become when there are real social and racial injustices going on every day in America that aren't being corrected or brought to light.

I don't understand people that come to internet message boards and expect everyone to agree with them.  "Oh man these people don't agree with me.  They must be stupid and I can't stand them."  Sorry for not walking the company line.

I love good, healthy arguments and I have never called anyone on here stupid. It's just a bit obnoxious to see the same few people repeating the same stuff in every single thread that's been made since the start of free agency. Maybe that's just me, though. Walk whatever line you desire. 

So not one NBA player has tweeted? I find that very interesting.

Deng has expressed his opinions on the situation. A prominent football player has expressed his opinion on it. A couple of former NBA players who happen to be Hall of Fame players have expressed there opinions.

Deng has expressed his opinions on the situation. A prominent football player has expressed his opinion on it. A couple of former NBA players who happen to be Hall of Fame players have expressed there opinions.

I've read Deng's response - very well written. Magic responded as well. Any current players? Any of the big stars? KD, LBJ, Mello, CP3?

I can't recall seeing any responses from current NBA Players.

I've read Deng's response - very well written. Magic responded as well. Any current players? Any of the big stars? KD, LBJ, Mello, CP3?

I can't recall seeing any responses from current NBA Players.

Kareem has something to say I think. I don't think any of those guys have responded. I wonder if they even know Atlanta has a team?

kobe_shoulder_shrug_2.jpg

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

If there is context, he needs to bring it forward.  It is just an ugly comment that offers no justification for its existence on its face.

I think context will probably make it worst.  Think about Loul Deng.  He was hurt most of the year playing for Cleveland.  He comes out and wants 10 Million dollars plus as a FA.  Now think about the statement.  "He's got a little African in him....etc"  Even if he was quoting verbatim, it's likely that he read the quote on this conference call to characterize Deng's prior season.  Maybe so much so that he was saying that Deng was exaggerating about his injury or that he phoned in the latter part of last season.  I mean we were considering giving the man a 10 Million dollar deal.  How would you justify it?