• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dolf, don't ever hit the self-destruct button here

• Moderators

I was routinely paddled all through high school as I was always trying to get away with something. I was on the football team so our VP was our WR's coach, the group I played for, and he was always trying to catch me so I had my own special paddle. Ah good times. 

Dolfan's high school years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6jN0e7ivA

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will now step in and just clarify for the record that I am a father of a 4 year old (our youngest) and that is waayy too young for anything like spanking with a belt or switch.  For any type of serious punishment (physical or otherwise), the child needs to be able to understand his/her behavior and weigh the decision whether to misbehave or not.  4 year olds are too impulse oriented and can't appreciate the consequences of their choices enough to do more than light discipline to educate and deter bad behaviors.

I will now step in and just clarify for the record that I am a father of a 4 year old (our youngest) and that is waayy too young for anything like spanking with a belt or switch.  For any type of serious punishment (physical or otherwise), the child needs to be able to understand his/her behavior and weigh the decision whether to misbehave or not.  4 year olds are too impulse oriented and can't appreciate the consequences of their choices enough to do more than light discipline to educate and deter bad behaviors.

The worst thing you could do would be to lecture him. Can you imagine being the kid of a lawyer? Damn you'd never win an argument. 

• Moderators

The worst thing you could do would be to lecture him. Can you imagine being the kid of a lawyer? Damn you'd never win an argument. 

Our oldest likes to play lawyer and it just comes naturally to him.  

We had these types of conversations at 4 years old:

Child:  "Bam, bam" 

Me:  "Stop hitting the wall with your cars!"

Child: "Bam, bam"

Me:  "All right.  Now they are in time out.  I just told you to stop that."

Child: "But I was hitting the wall with my trucks.  You said to stop with my cars!"

As he nears 12 years old, you can imagine that splitting the hairs has become an art form for him.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

Our oldest likes to play lawyer and it just comes naturally to him.  

We had these types of conversations at 4 years old:

Child:  "Bam, bam" 

Me:  "Stop hitting the wall with your cars!"

Child: "Bam, bam"

Me:  "All right.  Now they are in time out.  I just told you to stop that."

Child: "But I was hitting the wall with my trucks.  You said to stop with my cars!"

As he nears 12 years old, you can imagine that splitting the hairs has become an art form for him.

That's too funny! 

• Moderators

Ex-Georgia Tech standout and Marietta native.

• Premium Member

I thought he was just questioned. Was he indeed arrested?

At the very least he has been deactivated (which his NFL career really can't afford). I'm a GT fan too and from what I've heard about JD this just seems out of place.

What an incredible couple of weeks. Seems like the NFL is doing its best to keep our story out of the media.

At the very least he has been deactivated (which his NFL career really can't afford). I'm a GT fan too and from what I've heard about JD this just seems out of place.

What an incredible couple of weeks. Seems like the NFL is doing its best to keep our story out of the media.

Pretty much.  And, yeah this does seem really out of place based on everything I've read/heard about him.  Considering the backlash these incidents are getting I'd be surprised if his career survives this.  Too bad.

Now, I say that without knowing the details behind the situation so he pretty well could be deserving.  Didn't want to appear to be apologizing for the guy.

• Moderators

When there are this many cases in the same time period, I think there is an increased chance of fraud here. Kind of reminds me about the Bernie Fine issues at Syracuse. There was a big hoopla about Bernie being a child molester and then one of the kids comes out and says he made the whole thing up like 3 months later: http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justice/new-york-zach-tomaselli/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I think Fine might have still been accused by two other kids to have molested them or something. Anyway, I don't keep up with the pederasts so i don't recall the details. I do recall someone making up shit because the media was at a stage of believing things instead of investigating them. It wouldn't surprise me that some of the recent DV cases are from accusers looking for a quick payday.

The major difference I see here is that there have always been tons of DV cases involving the NFL.  They just didn't used to get much publicity.  Right now any and all of them will be thrust into the spotlight.  

If you look at NFL rosters there a LOT of players with major DV issues during their time in the NFL.  This will be an ongoing issue for the league that is only made worse if you start adding in fraud on this.

I'm only speculating on Nique here and I don't believe my speculation at this point. I hope I never do either.

One question for the Squawkers to see if anyone recalls this as well, but wasn't there an article about the Nique to LAC trade recently? Specifically, I thought I recall a story from Nique about how someone like Gearon Sr. (or someone else) broke the news to him by going to his house and doing so in person.

Am I crazy, or did Nique have a story about how the news was delivered to him??

I think this is what you're talking about . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbrrAjVm1lw

I was surprised when he told the story of how he found out about the trade, because I always thought the story was that right before the trade deadline, he took off in his car and started driving, not wanting to hear the news about a possible trade.   Then he heard about the trade.

Maybe that drive happened AFTER he got the call about him being traded.

And by that clip, Nique indicated that Gearon Sr came to his house ( probably right after the trade happened ).

One of the things I've said about this saga, is to not be surprised if Nique and Gearon Jr are the ones who ally with each other.   Like it or not, Gearon Jr has been around this team all of his life, and Nique probably talks to, and trust Gearon Jr more than he did the "outsiders".

If Gearon's voice on how the Hawks were operating were diminished, the assumption could be made that Nique's voice was diminished as well.

And if Ferry was indeed difficult to work with, I can see how the Atlanta people could possibly turn on him.   Even with the arrival of Koonin, he didn't hesitate to launch an investigation on Ferry, when made aware of his comments.

Ferry and Levenson dug their own graves, but maybe the Atlanta guys simply pushed them into the grave.   And while the fan base wants to make Gearon Jr the "sole villian", it simply may have been a move to eradicate someone who they thought wasn't operating in the best interest of themselves . . . and maybe of Atlanta in general.

If Nique and Gearon Jr team up with someone else to become the majority controlling block of the team, the speculation will begin.