• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I smell trade....but is Bud authorized to make moves?

HawkItus

I get @HawkItus point and don't think he's over thinking it at all. It's a simple matter where he thinks certain vets are able to perform to the same degree whether they get 5 minutes one night or 30 minutes the next whereas younger guys may need consistent 20 minute nights to establish a groove.

I don't necessarily agree though because I think the talent on this team is so even across the board and the coach so open that any number of the young guys could be starting or on the top of the rotation by January leaving all of the more ready vets at the positions that he thinks the team is lacking. If things roll out in the same manner as with Schröder last year then yes, perhaps a more short-term goal trade should be considered.

That's why I asked for the trade proposal.

• Premium Member

I can live with that. Perhaps 1 of these guys proves to be so good he has to get time(Antone Smith like). I just would hate to have a player wasted when we have a good chance of going to the second round this year and will probably need "good" minutes from the back end guards at some point. I hated the throw away minutes we got from Schröder last year sometimes.

I have to admit..I have no idea where this is going...How in heck will Schröder get throw away minutes. Players will get minutes on this team because they were earned! That is the by product of depth

• Premium Member

Well then perhaps, we should just end our part of the conversation here. I can't fathom how to make MY OPINIONS/THOUGHTS/WORDS any clearer. Sorry.

I'm not the only one questioning the post so maybe you should be more specific with this so call trade that you smell