• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I smell trade....but is Bud authorized to make moves?

HawkItus

Our depth is our strength (at least on paper). Unless it's some can't miss deal or significant upgrade I don't see it. who are we trading?

Since we don't have that 'Superstar' Player, think our depth will be important.

• Premium Member

My guess is that Bud and Danny are spending a few dollars on disposable cell phones these days. wink3.gif

More seriously, I don't think there's anything to preclude the two from talking. It's an internal matter, and the league hasn't involved itself (or at least not yet).

As to the suggestion that a trade is forthcoming... I'd like to think so, but I've been fooled so many times now by what seemed reasonable and what the current administration has done, I don't pretend to have any sense for it.

Edited by sturt

Our depth is our strength (at least on paper). Unless it's some can't miss deal or significant upgrade I don't see it. who are we trading?

Since we don't have that 'Superstar' Player, think our depth will be important.

I wonder how would one go about getting said 'Superstar' player? 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I wonder how would one go about getting said 'Superstar' player? 

Well there are lot's ways to.......ow.......sorry, not lots there are just a couple of ........owwwww, dammit, alright......... one way there is just one way!   Man my head hurts.  

slap1.gif

• Like 2

Looking at our depth and lack of an exclusive D-league affiliate I think  a trade may be in order.   But, is Bud like the substitute teacher and not really in charge?  Also, can the Hawks make moves with the Ownership situation in limbo?

I'm not even sure how to respond to this one. I guess I can see how you might think we'd make a trade with the depth that we have but as the lady of rage said above, our depth is part of the design of our team and system.  

• Like 1

Typically teams on sale go into one of two modes:

Lockdown, don't spend a dime that's not needed to be spent or sign any new leases, we want everything in the same order for the new guy to decide what he wants to keep or throw out.

Fire sale, move every thing that's not nailed down out the door for some ikea stools, paper plates and in store credit, let the new guy come up with whatever he wants to do with the decor.

Not much room for creative thinking, moves are made predominantly with what an eye towards what new owners might want.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this one. I guess I can see how you might think we'd make a trade with the depth that we have but as the lady of rage said above, our depth is part of the design of our team and system.

Lady of Rage??? Mmmmmm.... I like it!

The situation needs to be resolved for the teams benefit. The ownership situation needs to be clarified; who's staying, who'going? The fallout might end up resembling the Belkin thing. Hope not.

It must be decided quickly. We need a GM now and moving forward. Is Ferry too damaged? If so, cheap buyout on bring in the future. If he stays, he needs to get back to work.

You know the damnedest thing happened the other day. I made some comment on twitter that Kasim Reed does not have the power to force a sale of the Hawks and he blocked me. The mayor blocked me for pointing out a fact.

(Note: I don't know what the hell blocking someone on twitter really does, so I don't know how extreme this is.)

For some reason that made me laugh really hard - blocked by the Mayor - hahaha.

You know the damnedest thing happened the other day. I made some comment on twitter that Kasim Reed does not have the power to force a sale of the Hawks and he blocked me. The mayor blocked me for pointing out a fact.

(Note: I don't know what the hell blocking someone on twitter really does, so I don't know how extreme this is.)

Way to go hawksfan!  There's gotta be a HS commendation for rustlin' the mayor's jimmies.

Also, if I understand the ol' interwebs correctly, the mayor blocking you could have dire consequences.  Don't be surprised if you get a no knock warrant/police home invasion tonite around 2:30am.

Next thing you know Reed walks in and whispers some bada** movie line like, "There's gotta be a hundred reasons why I don't blow you away.  Right now ... I can't thinka one ..." Blam!

Nah, on second thought, no way Reed's that cool.

Yeah, season can't get here quick enough.

• Moderators

Wow.  Someone has too much time on their hands (looking at Reed's staffers).