• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grantland chatter in League Pass watchability rankings

HawkItus

Atlanta Hawks

Simmons: Actually, here’s the team that should move to Seattle.

Lowe: Atlanta seems like too big a market to ditch, and the lease and debt agreements would make moving pretty onerous for any buyer.

Simmons: Yeah, but still. This year’s Hawks have some underrated Hoop Nerdgasm potential — Horford and Millsap playing together, Korver doing Korver things, Coach Budz doing Coach Budz things, the random Mike Scott Heat Check games, and Pero Antić being Pero Antić. He’s replaced Pekovic for me as “The No. 1 NBA Player Who Should Be In A Liam Neeson Movie.”

Lowe: And yet despite all this — all the beauty of Mike Budenholzer’s system, all the talent on hand — you ranked them 10 spots lower than I did. Nothing divides us like the Hawks and Grizzlies. The Hawks are a delight to watch, and they have an awesome new court. Also, should we call Mike Scott the regional manager? The office manager? Does going by “Mike” instead of “Michael” invalidate this? The character Michael Scott was awful at basketball, but he was a chucker — just like Mike Scott!

Simmons: Why not just call him “The Office”? Would you consider Charlotte a 2015 contender if they flipped Noah Vonleh AND Cody Zeller for Al Horford? Who says no? Sorry … you know I have to do this every 1,200 words. It’s part of my contract.

Lowe: I think the precise wording is every 1,200 words and six podcast minutes. But with Horford instead of West, you’re getting somewhere. Horford is a better all-around player, and it’s not even close on defense. Horford could provide at least some rim protection for a team that really needs it, and when you get a dose of rim protection, it opens up new lines of attack defensively. This all assumes that Horford is healthy after two pectoral tears. He could be an interesting trade piece depending on how quickly the ownership situation resolves itself (and what the new bosses want to do). We’ve seen a few new owners tank to varying degrees — including the NBA when it owned New Orleans.

Simmons: Two pectoral tears, a racism scandal, a crazy ownership situation and possible tanking … maybe the Hawks ARE ranked correctly.

Sometimes you wonder if any of the national media truly pays attention to the Hawks.  Its always about somebody else getting better off of us.  Never about moves we can make to get better or what could be a best case scenario for us.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

Still, treating a club like their just a talent farm to be raided by other teams isn't doing your job properly.   That's so far from reality why continually fantasize about it?   What great talent have we ever shipped out for peanuts.  The last one was probably Deke.  (or Sheed but that doesn't count).   

But look how Charlotte is now getting a ton of positive press.  What have they done that we haven't other than not be racist.   Jordan as owner, actually showing a little promise and they are all over it.   Tell me having CWebb as the visible owner wouldn't at least move things in the right direction for us.

• Like 2

It kills me how much you guys hate Simmons. I love the guy. He's an unashamed homer for his team and we'd all be the same way if we were given the same type of position as him.

I agree but I just hate him that much more cuz its the Celts...I mean after 88 and 07... I just can't stand green ..I wish there was a Hawks analyst homer guy