• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I liked Nique more when he wasn't as involved...

He starts the day off with some nice interaction:

Harmless enough, right? Now, some select responses:

Uhh, no. That is wrong. You can get lower than that and hell there are other teams in this league that ARE! Look at the Grizz:

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/tickets/season-tickets-2014-15

Season tickets at $7. If you don't buy the season tickets then they are $10. Similar prices for Pacers and Hornets. I'd look further at prices but I'm sick of seeing management with the Hawks throw out this shit. It was better when Nique didn't make himself look like an ass right here.

And now Nique is showing his true A$G side of things in "marketing" this product. He is basically saying the team deserves support:

Stop with this shit. NO OTHER SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OPERATES THIS WAY.

And now Nique is showing his true A$G side of things in "marketing" this product. He is basically saying the team deserves support:

Stop with this shit. NO OTHER SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OPERATES THIS WAY.

Oh man please don't let someone who has terrible grammar represent us on Twitter or anywhere in writing where there's a record of it. 

I love Nique but I'd rather he just stick to being an announcer for the games.  Or let him meet with fans at games and kiss babies and what not. 

Leave repping the Hawks to Koonin. I mean really, first Bowdler and now Nique. Sheesh.

• Like 1

And there ya go @hawksfanatic, I responded to Nique with your $7 mention.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Oh man please don't let someone who has terrible grammar represent us on Twitter or anywhere in writing where there's a record of it.

My thoughts too. I usually go back and make sure there aren't any obvious errors when I post on here. You'd think guys like Viv and Nique would do it too. Especially considering that it's work related for them.

• Like 1

Stop it Mom, you're ruining my reputation! {/sarcasm}

And meh, having negative comments towards Hawks management is something I'm not great at. I'm a bad one to communicate that with them as it would devolve into me calling them dickheads and then no progress is made. So better you than me on this one. I'm getting to be savvier these days and convince Nique what to do with honey instead of vinegar...

(Official Nique retweet along with favorites from Bob Rathbun and Kayce Smith, I think this makes me internet rich?)

Way to go on getting retwatted and favorited! There's no way they'll respond to me trying to get them to do something like the Hawks of the west, a team who actually kill it in fan attendance, are doing. God forbid we try something that works. 

And it's not like Memphis is some white bread town either, they're even more scary and ethnic (63% black) as Atlanta (54% black) are. And yet somehow those poor black folks afford to go to games and the white bread families aren't even afraid of joining them.

• Like 1

Yeah, the grammar and typos are annoying but I don't find that too bad. I know I'm not the best at those, although I'd hope posters on the board would recognize I have no incentive to proofread my posts. If I did, then that would be a different story.

The attitude of the Hawks that "we've got this product, now the *fans* have to show up!" frustrates me to no end. No successful business does this. Maybe behind closed doors they get angry with customers, but they do not go to customers and say "we *deserve* your support". Oooohhh man does that piss me off. This would be drilled into my employees (and dickhead owners) if I had any management position with the team. You figure out what the fans want and adapt. DO NOT insult the fans or insinuate that the product is already good enough. People aren't showing up, so clearly it is not!

Ask Thrashers fans about this.  Oh wait, same ownership!

Yeah, the grammar and typos are annoying but I don't find that too bad. I know I'm not the best at those, although I'd hope posters on the board would recognize I have no incentive to proofread my posts. If I did, then that would be a different story.

The attitude of the Hawks that "we've got this product, now the *fans* have to show up!" frustrates me to no end. No successful business does this. Maybe behind closed doors they get angry with customers, but they do not go to customers and say "we *deserve* your support". Oooohhh man does that piss me off. This would be drilled into my employees (and dickhead owners) if I had any management position with the team. You figure out what the fans want and adapt. DO NOT insult the fans or insinuate that the product is already good enough. People aren't showing up, so clearly it is not!

Yeah, it's as if they're saying, "Welp, we've done our jobs now you dumb fans need to show up.  We'll wait ...."

Just so, sooo out of touch.  I guess the playoff streak is the equivalent of the Spurs' recent history in their eyes.  "We're making the playoffs.  What more do they want us to do?"  Sheesh.

Lastly, I typically find you grammar to be impeccable by interweb standards.  Don't sell yourself short.

(kg01 the motivational speaker)

• Moderators

Frankly the Hawks have done more good marketing in the last month (with some bad) than they've done in the previous 10 years.   At least you have guys out talking it up.   Getting TI to preform opening night 2 months after a racist corporate meltdown is pretty damn good.   There is good stuff happening and there has been good stuff.  Too bad gearon/bruce/danny were so careless and stupid or we'd be really in good shape.

• Like 3

Lol, some of you guys are a tough crowd. To me it seems Nique is excited about the team and is open to suggestions on how to make the fan experience better. Everyone knows we have an attendance issue and it could be worse after what has happened recently so I don't see why it's a problem to try to get more people to the games. I get the grammar thing and some of what you are saying, but try to think of it in a positive way. If it helps the fan experience and helps attendance then it's a good thing.

Did anyone mention to him about having a ladies night like someone here suggested? I would suggest a family night too, but I think they already do that.

One issue that I think gets overlooked is the cooperate seats that don't get used. I have a friend who gets free tickets through his work and he said every time he goes he is the only one using the seats. That company has 8-10 seats, I think and they are very good seats that are close to the floor. He said he thinks other employees feel weird asking for the seats so they just don't do it. My guess is that happens a lot. I suggest figuring out a way to get those company owned seats filled. Can someone with twitter tweet that to Nique? What do you guys think about this issue?

Lol, some of you guys are a tough crowd. To me it seems Nique is excited about the team and is open to suggestions on how to make the fan experience better. Everyone knows we have an attendance issue and it could be worse after what has happened recently so I don't see why it's a problem to try to get more people to the games. I get the grammar thing and some of what you are saying, but try to think of it in a positive way. If it helps the fan experience and helps attendance then it's a good thing.

We already know what would help attendance the most. 

A superstar and/or championships. 

Just saying "we've got a good product, so you should buy it" Isn't going to do it. The best selling products often speak for themselves by having a dedicated base, being cutting edge and/or have a proven track record of success. 

Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 1

We already know what would help attendance the most.

A superstar and/or championships.

Just saying "we've got a good product, so you should buy it" Isn't going to do it. The best selling products often speak for themselves by having a dedicated base, being cutting edge and/or have a proven track record of success.

Thats a lazy answer though. Its like saying yknow what would help your business a million dollars
  • Like 1

That's the million dollar question. (oh man do I have lame puns today)

But marketing for the Hawks is separate from basketball operations. Whatever the basketball operations does is independent of the marketing, they simply cannot control it. So as someone who is trying to market the Hawks, when someone like Nique (or whoever else) is basing their marketing sales pitch on the quality of the team...that is a shit plan. That is something you cannot control! Market to things that you can affect, like the quality of the experience at a game!! You're not selling wins, you're selling an event for which some things are out of your control.

I'm glad the board is slowly coming around to see the issues that have irked me for a while. It used to be 5+ years ago posters would get on here and say "HEY MAN THE FANS SUCK THEY DO NEED TO SHOW UP!" but now we've got people seeing the whole equation. And even if it is the fans fault (which isn't likely) then telling the fans they suck and need to show up certainly isn't the solution. So the Hawks need to stop that.

That's essentially the point that I was getting at in the second half of my post. People will come when they believe they have a reason to not because they're being called out for not doing so. 

Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 1

That's the million dollar question. (oh man do I have lame puns today)

But marketing for the Hawks is separate from basketball operations. Whatever the basketball operations does is independent of the marketing, they simply cannot control it. So as someone who is trying to market the Hawks, when someone like Nique (or whoever else) is basing their marketing sales pitch on the quality of the team...that is a shit plan. That is something you cannot control! Market to things that you can affect, like the quality of the experience at a game!! You're not selling wins, you're selling an event for which some things are out of your control.

I'm glad the board is slowly coming around to see the issues that have irked me for a while. It used to be 5+ years ago posters would get on here and say "HEY MAN THE FANS SUCK THEY DO NEED TO SHOW UP!" but now we've got people seeing the whole equation. And even if it is the fans fault (which isn't likely) then telling the fans they suck and need to show up certainly isn't the solution. So the Hawks need to stop that.

I do still say they need to show up. But I agree the Hawks need to do a lot more to draw them in. 

• Like 1