• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who’s Got Next in 2014-15: Point Guards

There is no shortage of talented point guards in the NBA. Currently standing at the top of the point guard totem pole is Chris Paul, Stephen Curry and Russell Westbrook. After these three players is a mix of veteran point guards that are still in their prime, and young point guards who are just entering their prime, but have already had breakout seasons. Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo, when healthy, are two of the best veteran point guards in the league, while players like John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Kyrie Irving have already established themselves as stars and are looking to continue climbing the totem pole and reach new heights this upcoming season. But there is another group of talented point guards who enter this season with breakout potential and the opportunity to join the group of star point guards in the NBA. Here, we take a look at a few point guards who could have a breakout season:

Ricky Rubio – Minnesota Timberwolves

Kemba Walker – Charlotte Hornets

Jrue Holiday – New Orleans Pelicans

Jeff Teague – Atlanta Hawks

In five NBA season, Jeff Teague has established himself as a solid NBA point guard. But Teague has the skill and ability to be more than just solid, and this year he has the opportunity to prove that.

Last season, in 79 games played, Teague averaged 16.5 points, 6.7 assists, 2.6 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 32.2 minutes per game. These are solid numbers for a point guard, but were only a slight improvement over Teague’s number from the 2012-13 season. But more important than his nightly averages, Teague’s shooting percentages across the board took a dip last season, which he needs to fix this season.

Working in Teague’s favor is the return of Al Horford. Horford only managed to play in 29 games last season because of a torn pectoral muscle, which he is still recovering from. When healthy, Horford is one of the most underrated, and productive big men in the league. Like Holiday, Teague should benefit from playing more with his star big man this upcoming season, and leveraging that partnership into team success. But Teague will also need to put in a more consistent defensive effort as he clearly loses focus at times and has the potential to have more of an impact on that side of the court. Nevertheless, with another season under head coach Mike Budenholzer, the return of Horford and a quietly talented group of teammates, Teague has the opportunity to take the next step in his game and have a breakout season.

Trey Burke – Utah Jazz

Eric Bledsoe – Phoenix Suns

Honorable Mention:

Marcus Smart – Boston Celtics

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/whos-got-next-in-2014-15-point-guards/

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think Teague is the best out of that group and has a chance to really shine this year. I liked what I saw in the playoffs from him. He just needs to continue to progress on a nightly basis.

As long as we get the Teague from the Pacers series, we're set at PG and he's got a chance to really break out. That is the best thing for this team as it makes a valuable trade chip out of Mack or Schröder while still leaving us with a talented young backup. 

Lol and it had to be 2 girls huh. Couldn't be Tiki/Ronde or Marcus/Markieff? Actually those wouldn't make it better. :-( Touché

I was in a hurry and just tried to find the first twinsies meme I could find. Of course I don't think either of you are creepy looking twin white girls from the last century. no.gif

I was in a hurry and just tried to find the first twinsies meme I could find. Of course I don't think either of you are creepy looking twin white girls from the last century. no.gif

That's just lazy.  Here's how Dolfan eats chips ...

chips.gif

See TX-based cartoon character and everything.  That's A-effort.

• Moderators

I'm definitely not.  I mean heavens to betsy why would you think such an absurd thought. my my my.

Edited by macdaddy
  • Like 1

That's just lazy.  Here's how Dolfan eats chips ...

chips.gif

See TX-based cartoon character and everything.  That's A-effort.

Actually my leg is in this continuous passive motion (CPM) machine and I'm on my back for 15+ hours a day, sorta like @kg01 and his night job, but for me it's because of my knee injury. And yes I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm eating somewhat similar to that as that's about all I can do.

This is what I feel like:

knee-cpm_16_9_teaser_onecolumn.jpg

• Like 1

Actually my leg is in this continuous passive motion (CPM) machine and I'm on my back for 15+ hours a day, sorta like @kg01 and his night job, but for me it's because of my knee injury. And yes I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm eating somewhat similar to that as that's about all I can do.

SmGFdiY.gif

tumblr_m3f9q0kwxX1qbr7pro1_400.gif

Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 1

Ok, first of all, that dude looks waaaay to cerebral to be you Dolf.

And don't get mad at me 'cause this happened the last time you tried to hoop ...

tumblr_lyti02j18G1qg96zyo1_500.gif

Go get 'em, @Dolfan23.

In all seriousness, hope the rehab is going well.  You'll be back to mid-season form in no time.  Oh and as far as my night job goes, me and Mr. Rogers got sumthin' for ya ...

uKVIeyh.gif

Ok, first of all, that dude looks waaaay to cerebral to be you Dolf.

Aww that's awesome, you are using the word of the day toilet paper that I sent out as a Hawksquawk gift to all of Ferry's biggest supporters.

And don't get mad at me 'cause this happened the last time you tried to hoop ...

No I didn't get hurt at all, but when you fell when I crossed you up I'm guessing you definitely had a few bumps and bruises. 

In all seriousness, hope the rehab is going well.  You'll be back to mid-season form in no time.  Oh and as far as my night job goes, me and Mr. Rogers got sumthin' for ya ...

That's so creepy that you and Mr Rogers are so tight. Did he ever get jealous about the special relationship that you and @Spud2Nique had with Michael Jackson?

Michael-Jackson-With-Kids.jpg

And thanks buddy, rehab is going swell!

• Like 1

Aww that's awesome, you are using the word of the day toilet paper that I sent out as a Hawksquawk gift to all of Ferry's biggest supporters.

No I didn't get hurt at all, but when you fell when I crossed you up I'm guessing you definitely had a few bumps and bruises. 

That's so creepy that you and Mr Rogers are so tight. Did he ever get jealous about the special relationship that you and @Spud2Nique had with Michael Jackson?

And thanks buddy, rehab is going swell!

Hyuk, hyuk ... Ferry toilet paper ... oh you ...

oh-stop-u.gif

Still though, these tapes of you "playing" basketball keep surfacing ...

giphy.gif

@Spud2Nique is gonna tear you a new one for that MJ quip.

Hyuk, hyuk ... Ferry toilet paper ... oh you ...

oh-stop-u.gif

Still though, these tapes of you "playing" basketball keep surfacing ...

giphy.gif

@Spud2Nique is gonna tear you a new one for that MJ quip.

I just woke up drunk to this ..not happy at all but

Is that Pierce?? Oh man; I could watch this all day lol

Nah, pretty sure that's Dolfan playing ... "defense"?  Seriously though, google Pierce getting his ankles broken if you're ever having a bad day.  Instant pick-me-up.