• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are cursed

Bonkers

These idiots shoot from 3 and don't bother to follow their shots. Basketball 101. I knew this game was toast based on that alone. Only saving grace was DMC, but he only gets 6 fouls. If I see Pero anywhere near 3 point land again, I'll powerbomb my TV.

You have no idea what they're coached to do. I know for a fact that Bud prefers them to get back on D vs going for offensive boards and in case you don't know 3pt shot misses tend to lead to long rebounds and breaks for the other team. If they're following their shots then it doesn't leave hardly anyone back to defend the break. That's the difference between pee wee basketball 101 and the NBA.

• Like 2

You have no idea what they're coached to do. I know for a fact that Bud prefers them to get back on D vs going for offensive boards and in case you don't know 3pt shot misses tend to lead to long rebounds and breaks for the other team. If they're following their shots then it doesn't leave hardly anyone back to defend the break. That's the difference between pee wee basketball 101 and the NBA.

Seeing absolutely no one in the paint after a shot seems really stupid.  And if Bud's system leads to a 20-rebound deficit like tonight, then F Bud's system.

So when does our acting GM start thinking about firing our coach?

I was gonna respond seriously to that until I thought about it. Ha ha.

We're good, I'm not panicking at all. We could be the Cavs with a home opening loss to a severly less-talented team, a blowout loss to a middle-tier West team, and a loss to a rebuilding non-playoff team. All our losses were very competitive to sure-fire playoff teams with refs in their pockets apparently. We have our considerable flaws that's for sure, but I'll take my chances with the best passing team and 9th scoring team in the Association. Let's Go.

• Premium Member

First week of the season with our best player coming out of a full season of inactivity, and several new players on our rotation. People need to Chill. Overall we have been OK so far, and we will only get better once Al gets into a rhythm and in shape and Millsap begins playing like Millsap again.