• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Alright Now, Ferry

benhillboy

I like Ferry. I usually don't like to make knee-jerk reactions. But I think its pretty safe to say the signings of Bazemore, Pero, Elton (?!?!), Thabo, and Payne will not pay the type of dividends needed to compete in the playoffs, if that. I don't know what they expected from Al, but I hope it wasn't a quick return to form because they would be scratching the scalp off their heads. If I see him pose like a statue during a loose ball yet try to run the break again I'm done.

I'm the least qualified to come up with trades and transactions and what have you, but to put it simply I'd love to package all the above up (or much less if Al's included) for Ariza, Jordan Hill, and Greg Monroe. You know, all the guys many of us agreed were needs this summer and are proving to still be. We'd concievably be 9-1.

Here's hoping dude has a doozie up his sleeve before the deadline. If not, I can't keep letting him live off the great financial and value moves he's made in the past without "what have you done for me lately?" I ain't gonna kill him at every turn like North, but his (and Bud to a lesser extent) feet should be held to the fire for this size and rebounding issue. I don't know what great deal or player he's waiting for or what his timeline and window is for becoming a real player in the East but we absolutely cannot have another swing-and-miss FA Summer. I'm pretty sure Koonin feels the same.

Edited by benhillboy

Yeah, I imagine even the most ardent Ferrier has to be doubting these signings so far.  Maybe they'll turn it around and surprise us.  If not, Ferry really stuck it to us on his way out the door.

• Premium Member

I like Ferry. I usually don't like to make knee-jerk reactions. But I think its pretty safe to say the signings of Bazemore, Pero, Elton (?!?!), Thabo, and Payne will not pay the type of dividends needed to compete in the playoffs, if that. I don't know what they expected from Al, but I hope it wasn't a quick return to form because they would be scratching the scalp off their heads. If I see him pose like a statue during a loose ball yet try to run the break again I'm done.

I'm the least qualified to come up with trades and transactions and what have you, but to put it simply I'd love to package all the above up (or much less if Al's included) for Ariza, Jordan Hill, and Greg Monroe. You know, all the guys many of us agreed were needs this summer and are proving to still be. We'd concievably be 9-1.

Here's hoping dude has a doozie up his sleeve before the deadline. If not, I can't keep letting him live off the great financial and value moves he's made in the past without "what have you done for me lately?" I ain't gonna kill him at every turn like North, but his (and Bud to a lesser extent) feet should be held to the fire for this size and rebounding issue. I don't know what great deal or player he's waiting for or what his timeline and window is for becoming a real player in the East but we absolutely cannot have another swing-and-miss FA Summer. I'm pretty sure Koonin feels the same.

The State of things are up in the air.

Monroe left the door open by signing the Offer.  Now he will be a free agent in the summer.  Detroit has reason to want to move him because he feels slighted.  I think they will work some kind of Max and move Drummond by the looks of things but if they were moving him, I would give them Horf in some sort of three way..  If it were Drummond, I'm not against Dennis for Drummond.

But Ferry was just making moves because he messed up.  He was hoping that for one more season he could allow bud to get us into the playoffs to keep the fanbase happy.

We need a star.  There are some good bigs in the draft this year.  It's time we recieve our Anthony Davis or Cous.

• Moderators

To me Thabo was a good signing.   Brand was signed to be a mentor more than a player.   It's early.  We're knocking Ferry for Baze and not giving credit for Korver, Dennis, Scott, DMC?   There isn't any elite talent on this team but there is a lot of talent.  I'm pissed we lost the last two but I'm still really optimistic.   I'm more concerned that Ferry is gone and we'll just be status quo until ownership is worked out.  There should be some opportunities for trades at the deadline this year.

• Like 1

I actually like Thabo and Bazemore.  They are decent pickups.

If Thabo can get his shot to fall then I'd like him even more.  If not, then I'm not sure if he'll be here long term.

There's something about Bazemore that just screams potential.  Sometimes he looks a bit lost on offense so I think he's still trying to figure things out.   The Hawks player development program has been much better recently so there's a good chance he'll realize his potential while here.  I'd give him 2 years with the team before a decision needs to be made.  It's not like he's taking up a bunch of cap space.