• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Will dropped 36pts last night! Did Danny Ferry move too fast?

Mace, you've chosen to shoot from the hip on this subject and it will clearly cost you. According to 82games.com, coach Budenholzer uses the Schröder/Mack combination 21 minutes per game. That group also includes Kyle Korver and Mike Scott. While they're on the floor, they have a 66% winning percentage and great shooting efficiency. So the idea of Bud not using a heavy smaller lineup minutes throughout is completely false. The funny thing is that you've had so many Hawks "fans" agreeing with you. Lol! We've all watched the games, it's common sense.

This is too good.

I'm going to reference you to the legend of the 5 man units on 82games

Min = the total minutes the unit was on the floor.

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415ATL2.HTM

Schröder/Mack have played for a total of 22 minutes together in that lineup for the entire season (or whatever 82games is updated up to) so uhm, naw, that's not significant.  Your first giveaway should have been that the starting lineup "averages" 107 minutes a game.......which is impossible.  Your second giveaway should have been the fact that neither Schröder (16 MPG) nor Mack (12 MPG) http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2015.htmlaverage 20 minutes a game individually to speak nothing of actually playing that amount of minutes together.  So uhm, I wish there was a meme appropriate enough to describe your level of failure but there's not so you're just going to have to settle for a mirror.

Yeah, get 'im wtps.

Suck it, @MaceCasesarcastic_hand.gif

If your arms are too short to box with God then standing on the shoulders of midgets won't get you much closer.

:sun:

• Premium Member

^^^Doesn't matter. We are playing people in that position that are identical in size but nowhere near as effective as Lou at generating offense, and to be completely honest, not enough of an upgrade on defense to justify the trade.

^^^Doesn't matter. We are playing people in that position that are identical in size but nowhere near as effective as Lou at generating offense, and to be completely honest, not enough of an upgrade on defense to justify the trade.

No, it does matter, because you and your reading comprehension lacking lackeys have been proven wrong on this topic.  It's stated right there in the facts that you guys tried to use to support your argument except it had the entirely opposite effect of destroying it. 

Edited by MaceCase

If your arms are too short to box with God then standing on the shoulders of midgets won't get you much closer.

Let the record reflect MaceC just referred to himself as god.  Cough *megalomaniac* cough.

• Premium Member

See this is the reason I try not to get involved in these threads. If anyone can say playing Mack, Teague, or Shro at SG over Lou is an improvement with a straight face, there's not much else to discuss. The minutes don't matter because none of the guys moonlighting at SG were that effective off the ball so they got the hook. At my place of employment, they always stress using the right tool for the job. We had that tool and traded it away for cap space. I'm just saying if you're going to trade Lou, give him a chance to up his trade value and trade him at the deadline. In the meantime he would be much more effective off the bench at SG than what we have now.

• Like 1

The minutes matter because if you're going to make the argument that Mack/Schröder/Teague are playing at SG then they actually have to be playing at SG.  I mean seriously guys, the Hawks have played 11 games which not even including the double-OT from the Hornets game is 528 total minutes.  According to 82games the entirety of all the small ball lineups with either Schröder, Mack or Jeffrey at the 2 guard position totals 48 minutes.  That's it, that's your significant sample and that's been with Bazemore being injured to start the season and a non-factor since and Thabo having to start at the 3 with Demarre out for 4 games.  With both of the Guard/Wing depth having been affected by injury Bud has still utilized the small lineups that some claim he does all the time to a very small degree.

Know how many minutes Louis has played with the 6'0" Lowry for Toronto out of a total 624 minutes? 46 minutes.  Know how many he's played with the 6'6" Vasquez?  114.  What does this clearly demonstrate?  That no coach thinks playing a significantly small backcourt together with Louis is the "right tool for the job" no matter how talented the individual or pairing is. If you can't see the common sense behind the strategy then yea, you do need to remove yourself from the discussion.

Edited by MaceCase

sun_bespectacled.gif

Taking a page out of my playbook I see.

If yall want to have a discussion pertaining to combinations of players on the court at the same time, then use http://nbawowy.com/.

As for Mack and Schro, they've played 72 minutes together (http://nbawowy.com/query/3tfpeymdinukgldi#/units). And hey! Jeffy shared a minute with them.

For Lou, he played 182 minutes with Greivis (http://nbawowy.com/query/mlqbzozztjqkhuxr#/units) and 80 minutes with Lowry (http://nbawowy.com/query/qj9gdzf1nrrdaemi#/units). Cool stuff.

• Moderators

Mace, you've chosen to shoot from the hip on this subject and it will clearly cost you. According to 82games.com, coach Budenholzer uses the Schröder/Mack combination 21 minutes per game. That group also includes Kyle Korver and Mike Scott. While they're on the floor, they have a 66% winning percentage and great shooting efficiency. So the idea of Bud not using a heavy smaller lineup minutes throughout is completely false. The funny thing is that you've had so many Hawks "fans" agreeing with you. Lol! We've all watched the games, it's common sense.

This post is an instant Squawk classic!  

(I do agree the trade looked bad when it was made and looks even worse today but damn you guys set this one up on a tee for Mace to hammer out of the park!)

• Like 1

Breaking news: Lou scored 5 points the previous game. Meanwhile the Hawks are on a 7 game win streak playing some improved defense and running teams off the floor on offense.

Breaking news: Lou scored 5 points the previous game. Meanwhile the Hawks are on a 7 game win streak playing some improved defense and running teams off the floor on offense.

Good that brought up that performance, because on that same night Thabo (21 minutes) and Baze (9 minutes) combined for a mere 7 points. He's still out-producing both of those bums for the season. Come on Jay.. Smh

Good that brought up that performance, because on that same night Thabo (21 minutes) and Baze (9 minutes) combined for a mere 7 points. He's still out-producing both of those bums for the season. Come on Jay.. Smh

Ooh, decent comeback.  Your move @JayBirdHawk

Ooh, decent comeback. Your move @JayBirdHawk

Lol - I'm still taking Thabo and Baze's defense and rebounding and Dennis' development over Lou and his points. Take a look at our defensive rating during the win streak. Offense is not our problem.