• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Will dropped 36pts last night! Did Danny Ferry move too fast?

Just watched the highlights of Toronto's game against Cleveland and Lou looked good. I even noticed his mobility and running of screens. He looks like he's regained full confidence in his knee. Man I think Danny made a big mistake with trading him early for basically nothing. Plus, he put a mean crossover on Queen James.

• Premium Member

No, he is not the right player for our offense and he really hurt us on d.

"our offense"

That's halairous.

As if Tim  Duncan or Leonard is going to walk through the door.

You leanr to player with the players you have.

• Moderators

He was obviously hurt last season and didn't have full confidence in his knee. Should've elaborated earlier but Mike Smith has my brain cells in a frenzy.

He wasn't 100% at all last season, but he still doesn't fit us.  He works in Toronto because they are an ISO offense that centers around Lowry/DeRozan.  Lou is a shot creator and he fits their system.  He doesn't fit us because our offense isn't dependent on individual play.  It's about passing the ball around until it gets to someone who is open.  That's why we are ranked in the top of the league for total assists.  We pass, pass, shoot.  Lou wants to dribble, dribble, shoot. Lou was/is a ball stopper in an offense that moves the ball.  Yes, we need a scorer from the bench, but Lou isn't that guy.  Plus, Lou is undersized and is terrible on defense.  He'll be better in Toronto than he would have ever been in Atlanta.

I don't think Kevin Durant 'fits' our system.  Nah, want no part of that noise.

Seriously though, nothing wrong with trading him per se.  However, we sold at the ultimate lowest point possible and the package we got back reflected that.  Therefore, it was a bad trade.

As far as the 'fit' talk goes, we gotta get over that.  When I say 'we' I'm including Budz.

Heard George Karl on the radio talking about why the Knicks look so bad.  The host said STTE that the Knicks talent level is deficient.  Karl said when you have a team that's not as talented you have to do whatever you can each night to feel how the game is going, identify the hot hands and be really engaged as a coach.  He was basically saying Fisher, as a young coach, hasn't developed the feel to do this so he falls back on 'system' and such to tell him what to do.  Kinda seems like Budz falls victim to this.

Karl's point seemed to be, just win, doesn't matter how.  I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to win if Lou were still here, fit or no fit.

^^^But we can run Mack or Teague at SG for extended periods of time????

Define "extended" because yea Bud has run small guard lineups in stretches but he's never ran them for 20-30 minutes, you know the amount of minutes Louis typically gets. Louis is not effective at PG and is small for a 2 getting the kind of minutes he requires. Is it any surprise that he's been most effective when he's had 6'5" PGs in Holiday and Vasquez next to him? No, because you have big guards that can run the offense allowing him to score and they can cross match on defense so he's not taken advantage of.