• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks article by Aldridge on Ferry and ownership

macdaddy

Really? A homophobic remark in THIS thread?? Come on man

Faygo, Juggalos, Turkey, man I'm hitting all those insensitive remarks today. I've probably been banned from the upper Midwest after this thread. Time for me to go to cultural sensitivity training.

• Premium Member

I'm still not seeing how you think the league came down so hard on Ward and Houston here by making them apologize and yet you think Ferry has gotten off lightly. Do you see the double standard you're creating? I know you're a major conspiracy theorist but I'm shocked that even you would stoop to these levels. 

What did the league do to Ferry?

Ferry took a SELF IMPOSED Leave of Absence.  He's still being paid. He's probably still doing the job.  He's just not visible.   That's like going outside starting a fight and staying in the house for a week when people are looking for you.  That's not a league punishment.... that's a tactic used to allow the story to go away.

Here's the league's stance:

"The discipline of a team employee is typically determined by the team, and in this case the Hawks hired a prestigious Atlanta law firm to investigate the circumstances of Danny Ferry's clearly inappropriate and unacceptable remarks," Silver said. "In my view, those comments, taken alone, do not merit his losing his job.

Here's the Hawks response...

Hawks CEO Steve Koonin has resisted calls for Ferry to be dismissed, but said the 47-year-old GM asked for the leave.

"My hope that this time away from the Hawks organization allows him the privacy he needs to listen to the community, to learn about his mistakes, and to begin the long process of personal healing," Koonin said in a statement.

In other words, I'm going to get away from the cameras and the front page and I will let this blow over.

There was no punishment.  Nothing was taken from Ferry.  Nothing was asked of Ferry.  Ferry wasn't even made to apologize!

Ferry took a SELF IMPOSED Leave of Absence.  He's still being paid. He's probably still doing the job.  He's just not visible.   That's like going outside starting a fight and staying in the house for a week when people are looking for you.  That's not a league punishment.... that's a tactic used to allow the story to go away.

In other words, I'm going to get away from the cameras and the front page and I will let this blow over.

There was no punishment.  Nothing was taken from Ferry.  Nothing was asked of Ferry.  Ferry wasn't even made to apologize!

Oh yeah, Ferry took a self imposed leave of absence. If you believe that then I've got some beachfront property to sell you in Arizona. And whether it was the league itself or the Hawks via mandate from the league, he was punished. Quit being obtuse. And with that I'm done with you on this. You just keep digging in your heels fanning the flames of hatred all you want. I'd rather be a person who can forgive another person for a mistake. Good day sir. 

Don't let those words fool you there. There is so much more to all of this. Ferry was punished, very severely, by Koonin. It was never announced publicly but that doesn't mean that this is some insider's club...make no mistake, there was punishment. How does one know that the punishment isn't the leave of absence? I think the writing on the wall is pretty clear and I do wish Danny all of the best in the future and in the NBA, but I don't think it'll be here...

• Like 1