• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks article by Aldridge on Ferry and ownership

macdaddy

Don't misconstrue my post as "black people are paranoid". It's "that guy is paranoid".

But why you gotta put "black people" in quotes?  Whatchu mean by that "Duff_Man"?

That's it!  I'm playin' the race card!  Call Jesse 'n them!

Yes, I'm just messin' witcha.

Alright this is getting out of hand here for the main forum. If you guys want to continue this discussion then move it to the political forum.

You're right it is about Ferry. What I want one person in these situations to do is get out front of the issue. HAd Danny Ferry and the Hawks been completely transparent this would have been a lot smoother. Own up to what you said and meant before the media forces you out. Don't deny, speak to the community like equals. Educate us on why the mistake was made and then offer solutions to keep it from happening again. Take the fallout head on and I bet he would have been back by now.

But why you gotta put "black people" in quotes?  Whatchu mean by that "Duff_Man"?   That's it!  I'm playin' the race card!  Call Jesse 'n them!   Yes, I'm just messin' witcha.
(Also, this thread would have never turned this way if we just hung out at Dave and Busters.) Edited by hawksfanatic

Alright this is getting out of hand here for the main forum. If you guys want to continue this discussion then move it to the political forum.

Lol..what the heck happened to this thread lol

You're right it is about Ferry. What I want one person in these situations to do is get out front of the issue. HAd Danny Ferry and the Hawks been completely transparent this would have been a lot smoother. Own up to what you said and meant before the media forces you out. Don't deny, speak to the community like equals. Educate us on why the mistake was made and then offer solutions to keep it from happening again. Take the fallout head on and I bet he would have been back by now.

The problem with that line of thinking is that we don't know what directive Ferry was given by the league, the team, lawyers, etc. you can't possibly believe that Ferry wanted to stand by while his reputation was being tarnished with defending himself though right?

Lol..what the heck happened to this thread lol

Lol, you know we can't have nice things.  It's probably time to lock this thing.  Dolfan's points are starting to sound coherent and that almost never happens.

The problem with that line of thinking is that we don't know what directive Ferry was given by the league, the team, lawyers, etc. you can't possibly believe that Ferry wanted to stand by while his reputation was being tarnished with defending himself though right?

And that is the shame of it all. We are all human, a simple conversation can mend many fences.

I think that's part of the problem. We don't know what the original law firm suggested as punishment and we don't know the "above and beyond" that Kooning imposed. All we know is that Danny supposedly self imposed his own exile but his actual punishment could have been a "don't do it again and uh, turn in your key to the executive washroom"

The Itus wants transparency on that and for Ferry and the Hawks to have embraced what they did instead of attempting to wiggle out by passing on the buck before having to settle on the public the mea culpa tour.

• Premium Member

Oh no made to apologize? Yeah cause that's far worse than losing your job and reputation as a GM. 

First off Hardaway flat out said on the radio that he hates gay people, which is a far cry from Ferry reading a scouting report in a private meeting. And Hardaway wasn't even an NBA employee so you can't use that to say how the NBA would have reacted to him. And guess what, he's now working for the Miami Heat so I guess his career wasn't killed like some of you want Ferry's to be. So thanks for basically proving Soups argument as invalid.

The difference between players and owners/GM is this thing called a contract.   Ward and Houston were not going to be fired(?)... Waived.. because of their guaranteed deals.  Plus, the way that it happened would have started a Holy War. In the big picture of things, Ward nor Houston had supervision over anything in the NBA. Moreover, when their contracts were up, I don't think they were resigned.  More Clearly blackballed was Abdur Rauf....  And Allen Iverson.

The difference between players and owners/GM is this thing called a contract.   Ward and Houston were not going to be fired(?)... Waived.. because of their guaranteed deals.  Plus, the way that it happened would have started a Holy War. In the big picture of things, Ward nor Houston had supervision over anything in the NBA. Moreover, when their contracts were up, I don't think they were resigned.  More Clearly blackballed was Abdur Rauf....  And Allen Iverson.

I'm still not seeing how you think the league came down so hard on Ward and Houston here by making them apologize and yet you think Ferry has gotten off lightly. Do you see the double standard you're creating? I know you're a major conspiracy theorist but I'm shocked that even you would stoop to these levels.