• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Change could be in the air as trade season arrives

Hawksquawk

Damn lose by a buzzer beater as your only loss in a couple of weeks and you drop 2 spots?

12th - Atlanta (16-7) Pace: 95.9 (14), OffRtg: 105.5 (11), DefRtg: 100.8 (8), NetRtg: +4.7 (10) 

The Hawks' winning streak came to an end in Orlando on Saturday and we're about to find out what they're really made of. They've played the easiest schedule in the league and haven't faced a team that currently has a winning record in almost three weeks. But only two of their next 14 games (both on the road) are against teams with losing records. 

This week: vs. CHI, @ CLE, @ HOU

• Like 2

• Moderators

I hate to be a homer (not really) but geez they make it sound like the Wiz are gutting out great wins while we're just enjoying light competition.   We get penalized for an easy schedule and the Wiz get credit for barely beating Boston and Orlando.  We've got to win a couple of these big games coming up.

Washington (17-6) 
Pace: 96.0 (13), OffRtg: 104.0 (14), DefRtg: 98.8 (4), NetRtg: +5.2 (9) 
The Wizards have had some close calls, but Friday's impressive win over the Clippers makes up for needing double-OT after blowing a 23-point lead against Boston and needing a beautiful alley-oop from Andre Miller to Bradley Beal to win in Orlando. By hook or by crook, they've won eight of their last nine to move within a half game of first place in the East. 
This week: vs. MIN, @ MIA, vs. PHX

Atlanta (16-7) 
Pace: 95.9 (14), OffRtg: 105.5 (11), DefRtg: 100.8 (8), NetRtg: +4.7 (10) 
The Hawks' winning streak came to an end in Orlando on Saturday and we're about to find out what they're really made of. They've played the easiest schedule in the league and haven't faced a team that currently has a winning record in almost three weeks. But only two of their next 14 games (both on the road) are against teams with losing records. 
This week: vs. CHI, @ CLE, @ HOU
  • Like 1

Washington is ahead of us in the standings.  Why shouldn't they

also be ahead of in the power ratings.  They won over the great

Orlando team while we only split two with them, and the loss on

a last second shot.

Do the math.  Winning 7 out of 10 is much greater than willing

9 out of 10.  Huh?  Oh, well.

My solution.  Beat the crap out of Washington at our next meeting.

Then, we will have lucked up and won because they are still better.

no.gif

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

I don't see any thing major happening as far as trades go. I believe that our system is so complex that who ever we brought in wouldn't be able to learn the system fast enough to do us much good.

I could see some minor deal (John Jenkins) go down though.

My thoughts exactly. Bud wont disrupt the chemistry unless it's a knock your socks off deal.

Mack and JJ are the most likely to be dealt.

I think it's foolish that we aren't playing Jenkins. Could it really hurt that much to give him 10-15 mpg for a few weeks to see what he can do? If he sucks then we can say at least we tried. If he doesn't suck then we've either got a good shooter for the bench or a potential trade chip as most teams could use a good shooter. 

I think it's foolish that we aren't playing Jenkins. Could it really hurt that much to give him 10-15 mpg for a few weeks to see what he can do? If he sucks then we can say at least we tried. If he doesn't suck then we've either got a good shooter for the bench or a potential trade chip as most teams could use a good shooter.

whose minutes does he get?

Dolfan23

Jenkins is not hurt - not bad any way.  He's been down to the Mad Ants

and played, then brought back up.  If he's hurt, he couldn't have gone

down to the D league and played, could he?

Seems he could get a minute or two here and there - Nothing major.

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

There have been quite a few games I thought that we could use him instead of Mack or instead of a 2 PG lineup. If Baze keeps playing well we might not ever see JJ play a meaningful minute for us again, assuming our squad stays healthy. It's unfortunate because you'd think his shooting would make him a good fit for our offense.

• Premium Member

I hate to be a homer (not really) but geez they make it sound like the Wiz are gutting out great wins while we're just enjoying light competition. We get penalized for an easy schedule and the Wiz get credit for barely beating Boston and Orlando. We've got to win a couple of these big games coming up.

It seems like nobody noticed we beat them on their court in our only meeting so far.

Bud knows talent and I think its obvious he has no confidence in Jenkins. There's no minutes to give if winning is job one and I doubt seriously Jenkins would somehow explode and get us a decent pick. D League Star he is, but there have been many like him that could not make it in the NBA except as the 11th or 12th player on a roster.

whose minutes does he get?

I would give him Mack's minutes for a few weeks and then take a few from Thabo and DMC while playing Korver a few more of his minutes at SF vs SG. We know what Mack gives us, nothing more nothing less. So we can rest him for a few weeks and knock the rust off every few games with some of Teague's minutes. But we need to find out what we have in Jenkins with him being healthy before we end up looking like idiots next year when he goes somewhere and performs well. 

Dolfan23

Jenkins is not hurt - not bad any way.  He's been down to the Mad Ants

and played, then brought back up.  If he's hurt, he couldn't have gone

down to the D league and played, could he?

Seems he could get a minute or two here and there - Nothing major.

I didn't think that he was hurt Gray Mule. That's why I think he should be getting minutes is because he's healthy and we need to see what we've got now that he's good to go. 

• Like 1