• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walter Tavares is one of the best players in La Liga

NBASupes

Do you know what time this game will be played and if it will be possible to stream it?

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eurocup/games/results/showgame?gamecode=305&seasoncode=U2014

You are going to have to get a feed. Elbert link only works in Spain. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

They take more than 2 weeks off before playing the Final? 

That's crazy

They play more than 1 competition...

Normally you play 1 game each weekend of the national league and then there are some weeks where you also have an Eurocup/Euroleague game. It's the same for most of the team sports in Europe like soccer or handball.

Then there is also a national cup, it changes in every sport and country how is organized, in basketball in Spain only the 8 best teams through the first part of the league play the Cup and is played in just a weekend, but in soccer in Spain for example there are almost a hundred of teams playing it and even almost amateur teams have the opportunity to play against the best teams in the country (and sometime, they have defeated them!).

I don't know how it works in every sport, but in basketball, like in soccer, there are 2 different european competition.

Gran Canaria is playing Eurocup, but the best teams play Euroleague. If they win the Eurocup they'll secure a spot in the Euroleague for next year.

• Like 1

They take more than 2 weeks off before playing the Final?

That's crazy

In Europe teams play several competitions. National league, national cup and if qualified eurocup or euroleague.

So they may have to play other games before the final...

Edited by rd79

We are simply going to use him to his strengths. All he has to do is be smart and play team defense. His lateral quickness, rim protecting and rebounding should be with the best in the NBA. Great rebounding instincts with those tools usually equal elite rebounder. He is averaging 14.6 and 14.7 per 40 in Europe. For example, Mike M avg 11.6 per 40 and in the NBA avg 9.7 and this year 10.9 per 40. If only Mike had a position. A center skill-set with a PF body and unathletic has never been favorable to any NBA player. Walter has elite size and measureables so he can afford to be less productive and be more impactful but since he's much productive and far more impactful, he should clearly be a much better player. Remember, for all of the shooting we do, Elton rarely shoots threes. At most, mid range jumpers.

I don't know, Moose is showing more and more each game. It takes a little athleticism to crash the offensive boards and shift on PNR defense as well as I've seen him do lately. Edited by benhillboy

Sorry, I have not kept up with all the posts on this thread but what are the opinions on when Tavares will make the Hawks final roster?  Any chance of that happening next season or is he two or three years away from that happening?

• Moderators

Sorry, I have not kept up with all the posts on this thread but what are the opinions on when Tavares will make the Hawks final roster?  Any chance of that happening next season or is he two or three years away from that happening?

I think it is very likely he is on the roster next season.  I'm not expecting big minutes, though.  Kind of a replacement for Brand with development on the mind and both a lower floor and much higher ceiling.

• Like 1

GC lost by a lot and lost the agg score 174-130. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Prior tweet from Dubi:

~lw3

Prior tweet from Dubi:

~lw3

Bad thing for the Hawks: those teams can offer a lot of money, more than 1M € easily.

Good thing for the Hawks: the income tax for that amount of money is 52% in Spain (but I think it has descended this year like 6% or so because... we are facing elections!)

• Like 2

He's likely coming to Atlanta. He wants the NBA and we want him. We are extremely close with winning a lot of titles and he's the difference maker.