• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quote of the Game

SalvorMallow

• Premium Member

Don't know if you guys caught this, but after Kevin Love went 1-8 and was a sieve on defense, he exited the game with back spasms.

Nique's analysis was "When you're having a tough night, everything starts to flare up!"

Haha that dude cracks me up.

BTW, did anyone else hear Nique call the game at halftime?

No fear of jinx at all.

• Like 3

Nique is a big homer but he's always got good points and commentary on the game. I really enjoy hearing him.

The worst thing about the broadcast is the window they have when someone else is there with them. Why do we need to see them talking? It's so redundant, it's a complete jinx. Our offense dies every-time the window is there. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Nique is a big homer but he's always got good points and commentary on the game. I really enjoy hearing him.

The worst thing about the broadcast is the window they have when someone else is there with them. Why do we need to see them talking? It's so redundant, it's a complete jinx. Our offense dies every-time the window is there.

I was getting mad last night at the window. They had it up for long stretches of the game when John Battle was chatting with them. It makes it tough to see, especially when you're watching on a 14" laptop.

I thought it was strange that they did that during a nationally televised game.

• Moderators

I was getting mad last night at the window. They had it up for long stretches of the game when John Battle was chatting with them. It makes it tough to see, especially when you're watching on a 14" laptop.

I thought it was strange that they did that during a nationally televised game.

It was televised nationally, but it was still a local broadcast. And Koonin said there will be more in-game chats like that.

Back spasms... My as@. He's frustrated. Plain and simple. For the last 5 years, I'd contemplate a number one pick in fantasy, over Durant, Lebron.... You we're guaranted 20 pts, 10 boards. If not more.

LeBron and Irving. That ain't happening. He's not used to it.

• Moderators

Back spasms... My as@. He's frustrated. Plain and simple. For the last 5 years, I'd contemplate a number one pick in fantasy, over Durant, Lebron.... You we're guaranted 20 pts, 10 boards. If not more.

LeBron and Irving. That ain't happening. He's not used to it.

Yep.  Love isn't effective without the ball.  He's a stat stuffer, but not a difference maker because he doesn't dominate the post anymore.  He'd rather jack up threes.  Love would best suited in a system where he has an anchor center, a true PG, and scorers at the wings... Basically what he left in Minnesota.  If I were the Cavs, I'd trade Love to LAL for picks and Jordan Hill/Nick Young.  It's where Love is going to end up anyway.

Yep.  Love isn't effective without the ball.  He's a stat stuffer, but not a difference maker because he doesn't dominate the post anymore.  He'd rather jack up threes.  Love would best suited in a system where he has an anchor center, a true PG, and scorers at the wings... Basically what he left in Minnesota.  If I were the Cavs, I'd trade Love to LAL for picks and Jordan Hill/Nick Young.  It's where Love is going to end up anyway.

Some of this falls on Love for settling for jumpers but as Nique mentioned, they aren't running sets with Love in the post where he can have some success.

Run a play for him to get the ball down low.  Blatt's offense as a coach has not impressed me in the least, very redundant and not much movement.  Also doesn't set guys like Love up for success.  If you noticed they kept running a screen on Irving that led to a lob for Thompson.  Worked a once or twice but they kept doing it and towards the end of the game we were able to break it up because it was obvious it was coming.

• Premium Member

Don't know if you guys caught this, but after Kevin Love went 1-8 and was a sieve on defense, he exited the game with back spasms.

Nique's analysis was "When you're having a tough night, everything starts to flare up!"

Haha that dude cracks me up.

BTW, did anyone else hear Nique call the game at halftime?

No fear of jinx at all.

I liked Nique's quote about Lebron:  " You rest during the offseason"... then hearing somebody say, " The Spurs sat Duncan and Ginobili and by their name it said DNP-OLD.