• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AAAA Exhibition Game on Tue: Do we get to see #13-#15 play?

sturt

Yeah I can't see it unless we get a huge lead. I keep wondering when we're gonna have one of those Pop style games where he rests the starters and plays the young guys the whole game but I guess our starters are too young or still need all the experience together that they can get before that starts to happen.

Yeah I can't see it unless we get a huge lead. I keep wondering when we're gonna have one of those Pop style games where he rests the starters and plays the young guys the whole game but I guess our starters are too young or still need all the experience together that they can get before that starts to happen.

I wouldn't expect to see those types of games this year unless we push our lead on the conference out to a 8-9 game lead. Or maybe just later in the season. 

I can see that happening only towards the end of the season IF they are still playing at this pace. Besides as well as we've played, we don't have the RING cred (like Spurs) to be resting our entire starting line up at one time.

They'll probably get staggered games off.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Moose has gotten double-digit minutes in 3 games this season, two of which I believe could be accurately counted as mop-up duty... ugly loss to CLE, big win over CHO.

His only other meaningful appearance was vs. PHI:

2015-01-12_1603.png

Jenkins only double-digit minutes was in that same ugly loss to CLE, and Payne's only appearance was a double-digit one in the big loss to MIL.

Beware of the 76ers.  They are ahead of the Knickerbockers!

Also, they are 4-6 in the last ten, which is hot for them.

Hawks now have a 4 game lead on the three behind them,

all of which lost their last game.

• Like 1

Philly is more likely to beat us than Payne, Jenkins, Moose, etc. playing. Threads like this are silly and I hope the Hawks don't take this unprofessional stance or they will be the laughing stocks of the league tomorrow night.

• Premium Member

Silly? You're welcome to yoru opinion, but I take some vindication in the fact that, on cue, Payne was called up yesterday.

We'll see how the minutes thing works out for him and Moose tonight.

Personally, I think if you're committed to a philosophy that focuses on player development, you are sensitive to the fact that only a subset of games will present a viable opportunity for you to insert the players you're attempting to develop into some level of NBA-quality action. So, it makes sense to me that games against the bottom-most teams of the league would be used in that way.

While the short view worries about winning the game, the long view understands that it's entirely plausible that they're going to be forced into some important minutes at some point in the journey. Like most things in life, both are credible views, and it's important to strike the right balance between the two concerns.

• Like 2

I think meltdown was right about being professionals and taking the Sixers seriously. I honestly don't expect the Hawks to behave any other way but we've had struggles vs the lesser teams so who knows if we will show up with our game faces on or not.

• Like 2

I can see that happening only towards the end of the season IF they are still playing at this pace. Besides as well as we've played, we don't have the RING cred (like Spurs) to be resting our entire starting line up at one time.

They'll probably get staggered games off.

@JayBirdHawk

keep-calm-and-love-the-don-36.png

Silly? You're welcome to yoru opinion, but I take some vindication in the fact that, on cue, Payne was called up yesterday.

We'll see how the minutes thing works out for him and Moose tonight.

Personally, I think if you're committed to a philosophy that focuses on player development, you are sensitive to the fact that only a subset of games will present a viable opportunity for you to insert the players you're attempting to develop into some level of NBA-quality action. So, it makes sense to me that games against the bottom-most teams of the league would be used in that way.

While the short view worries about winning the game, the long view understands that it's entirely plausible that they're going to be forced into some important minutes at some point in the journey. Like most things in life, both are credible views, and it's important to strike the right balance between the two concerns.

The last and only game Payne played in was the Bucks game that we got destroyed in. I happen to think that was our most unprofessional game and playing Payne was part of the unprofessional attitude that was exhibited in that game. He looked totally lost and out of sync like the whole team. Why play Payne tonight? Because the Sixers are not that good. That is the only reason. That is also the wrong attitude and approach to take. Don't take any team lightly. Payne is not a rotation player. If it is a 30 pt blowout going into the fourth play him, other than that he should not be out there.

Edited by MrMeltdown