• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Danny Ferry mega thread

69947920.jpg

We talked shop all the way back to the office, and I never spoke of it again. But the copy of A Way Out of No Way she received from her Secret Santa was NO coincidence. santa3.gif

~lw3

Waaay off topic but I had to mention that this Santa icon makes me think of the" Rite, rite Gotcha" Santa from Whats Happening....    

Wait wait are you Dee from What's Happening or Doug (or Carrie) from KoQ?

I'm Doug doing impressions of people...I'd like to think I'm the funniest guy in the room...if there are about 20 people in the room, I'm top 18 funniest hands down...

• 2 weeks later...

Charles Barkley just joined the telecast for the UGA - Kentucky game and said he's there with Danny Ferry, a good friend, has done a great job with the Hawks, and thinks they should definitely give him his job back.  

Pretty cool.

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but Bud's contract runs out next year. He's likely due a massive extension once the new owners are in place. Can or would he say he won't resign without Ferry?

We have talked about exactly that scenario.

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but Bud's contract runs out next year. He's likely due a massive extension once the new owners are in place. Can or would he say he won't resign without Ferry?

I sure hope he says that because we need both.

That would be a damned foolish thing for Bud to do.  I think some of you are a little nuts on how close Danny and Bud are.  And the players he has claimed to have a special relationship with and are supposed to trust him?  How should they view such a move?

Edited by HawkItus

That would be a damned foolish thing for Bud to do.  I think some of you are a little nuts on how close Danny and Bud are.  And the players he has claimed to have a special relationship with and are supposed to trust him?  How should they view such a move?

It's called bargaining.  The players seem to also want Ferry back so they will probably support Bud in standing up for the man who brought them all together.

It's called bargaining.  The players seem to also want Ferry back so they will probably support Bud in standing up for the man who brought them all together.

Well there's that and there's also concern of what pieces (of shit) from the A$G will be hanging around with this new ownership regime. I can guarantee you that people do not want to work for someone who secretly records your conversations and uses that to blackmail his partners.

I think it is a bit premature to be worried about whether Bud will stick around since we do not know the ownership composition. But it's also foolish to suggest that Bud and Danny are not close. There are mounds of evidence to suggest they are close and you're in your own world if you think that.

(hello Bud introductory press conference!)

Well there's that and there's also concern of what pieces (of shit) from the A$G will be hanging around with this new ownership regime. I can guarantee you that people do not want to work for someone who secretly records your conversations and uses that to blackmail his partners.

I think it is a bit premature to be worried about whether Bud will stick around since we do not know the ownership composition. But it's also foolish to suggest that Bud and Danny are not close. There are mounds of evidence to suggest they are close and you're in your own world if you think that.

(hello Bud introductory press conference!)

He's just using the patented strategy of Ferry detractors, presenting lies in a fruitless attempt to make that side seem even somewhat reasonable. 

It's not foolish, Bud knows what stable management and ownership looks like from his 17 years in San Antonio. If he's not sure he can get that here in Atlanta why stick around to have infighting and secrets tape etc.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...