• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Danny Ferry mega thread

We need to give president of basketball operations title to coach Bud. Stan Van has it in Detroit and Doc in Clipper land. I think Bud would be better than any gm we could get. After all he was the one who pushed to trade George Hill for Kawhi. He can recognize talent and its a plus for him to have total transaction power if he's gonna coach the player anyways. Thoughts?

Ps I still love Ferry, just saying if he doesn't come back I want Bud.

I hope that if the bidding group that includes Colangelo wins the team that they don't put him in that role

How come? If you were a coach, wouldn't you rather hand select your own guys?

It's that big of a deal though. Retaining Ferry could easily be the difference in a title or not. People underestimate the power of a good GM and Ferry has been excellent.

Oh no doubt. I'm a Ferry supporter all the way...I just said IF, and that's a big IF, then I'd want Bud to have ultimate decision making for us.

Oh no doubt. I'm a Ferry supporter all the way...I just said IF, and that's a big IF, then I'd want Bud to have ultimate decision making for us.

I won't be mad if Bud turns his back on us if we turn our back on Ferry.  Joe Johnson would still be a Hawk if Ferry never came along.  We would be a slightly better Miami Heat right now. 

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 2

Dude....he's coming back.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE

If we don't bring him back their will be a long line of team owners ringing his phone.

I won't be mad if Bud turns his back on us if we turn our back on Ferry.  Joe Johnson would still be a Hawk if Ferry never came along.  We would be a slightly better Miami Heat right now. 

....or let Bud cherry pick his favorite assistant GM off the Spurs staff.

I hope Ferry comes back. He should be the GM of the year if the award was handed out today.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

Chris Mannix of CNNSI was on 92.9 The Game yesterday said executives around the leagues says if Hawks keep this up DF will win Executive of the Year. That would be something.

I could be totally wrong but I'm sure he said something like DF is quietly working behind the scenes.

If we don't bring him back their will be a long line of team owners ringing his phone.

....or let Bud cherry pick his favorite assistant GM off the Spurs staff.

I hope Ferry comes back. He should be the GM of the year if the award was handed out today.

I like how every one just assumes that any random GM can take over where Ferry left off.  Ferry has been a mad scientist thus far.  Replacing him is not going to be an easy task and it could easily take a bad turn.

• Like 3

I like how every one just assumes that any random GM can take over where Ferry left off.  Ferry has been a mad scientist thus far.  Replacing him is not going to be an easy task and it could easily take a bad turn.

The only people who want Ferry replaced are h8ers and grand standers trying to fit in with the group who were so butt hurt by him even though they had nothing to do with Ferry. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

lol yes it is.  Please give us your grand reasoning on why Ferry should be fired. 

So I can get shouted down and insulted like I did last time for having a different opinion? If we can talk like adults, fine. But when the tone is already dogmatic and condescending to any opposing viewpoints, why bother? I'll be a fan of this team whether Ferry is brought back or not.

• Moderators

So I can get shouted down and insulted like I did last time for having a different opinion? If we can talk like adults, fine. But when the tone is already dogmatic and condescending to any opposing viewpoints, why bother? I'll be a fan of this team whether Ferry is brought back or not.

I think @hawkman is right that the tone is antagonistic and condescending toward any other view.  If people really do want to engage and have a reasonable minds discussion, I think he is in the right to call for a respectful tone.  (That doesn't mean people are out of line for voicing their opinion that Ferry should absolutely return but the comments here on this thread so far don't lend themselves to inviting discussion of different views).  

I think @hawkman is right that the tone is antagonistic and condescending toward any other view. If people really do want to engage and have a reasonable minds discussion, I think he is in the right to call for a respectful tone. (That doesn't mean people are out of line for voicing their opinion that Ferry should absolutely return but the comments here on this thread so far don't lend themselves to inviting discussion of different views).

I agree and thats my bad. The ferry should go talk is just soooo ridiculous and most of the people pushing this agenda do not support the team like we do. I will shape up though.

My apologies, Hawkman. Whats your reasoning for wanting Ferry gone?

Edited by JETSET