• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quinning!

jy23

Don't know if you guys saw the press conference or read about it but this guy brings an energy with him that I haven't seen in a long time around the falcons. He's saying all the right things and has my spirits back up after that debacle of a season we just went through. Also I like the staff he put together, especially Shanahan. Love that he's bringing the zone blocking and west coast concepts with him. Maybe we can get back to a more balanced attack. What say you?

• Moderators

I love the Quinn hire.  I think he sees a lot in our secondary that he had in Seattle. Alford & Trufant are going to grow so much under him. I'm also happy about the zone blocking.  Maybe we'll keep Ryan safe this year.  It's really exciting to think that our Falcons could potentially have Seattle's defense paired up with our offense of Ryan, Julio, and Roddy. Just need to get us a DE and a TE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully he actually concentrates on the defensive front seven as the Falcons have the worst front seven in pro football. Of course the Falcons have claimed they are working on the d-line since Smith and Tommy D started with the team. Instead of progressing, the d line has massively regressed over the past 5 years.

Dimitroff seems to have a fascination/fixation on the skill positions and can't figure out the line positions, at all. Ultimately, the Falcons will go no where unless the d-line and LB corps are massively upgraded. The o-line also needs more talent, but one thing at a time.

• Like 1

I just hope the offense plays to Ryan's strengths.  If so I think he could be really successful.   It was clear that without Tony G to bail him out, the pass offense we were running wasn't suited to Ryan.   

No pass protection + Julio injured + Roddy declining + no running game = less production. Matt still had ~4k yards passing. 

The west-coast system is perfect for a guy like Matt. He'll carve up defenses under Shannahan IMO. 

• Like 1

Build a strong running game and firm up that OL and the offense is almost set. A TE (it doesn't have to be a star, just a legitimate starter) and maybe a quick WR from the 4th round and we will have a hell of an offense. Those are not a lot of needs. Just maybe 2 FAs and two draft picks, not a lot, we would still have money and picks to rebuild that defense. 

I'm tired of watching the Falcons fail on 3&shorts.

We just need weapons, whatever way that comes I'm fine. If it's a speedy wideout in the later rounds or a TE to stretch the field or a speedy scat back type or a bell cow back. I really don't care just give me weapons.