• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero Antić and First round trade pick to Brooklyn for Plumlee

atlhawks1

Ok. let me get this out of the way. I dont care if Antić has some intangibles like setting screens, blah, blah. Im tired of him missing 3 pointers and WORST, missing layups. We need a big that can SCORE and is more aggressive in the paint on defense. I dont it will not happen, but i would love to see the hawks trade BACK the picks they stole in the joe johnson trade, the first and second they got coming, plus Antić, for plumlee. I saw enough of plumlee over the last two years to see that he is the aggressive type big the hawks could pair with horford in certain situations and millsap in others. what you guys think??

First, we didn't steal the pick.

No givesy backsy.

There is absolutely no way the Hawks do anything with that pick until the off season iuntil they know exactly where that pick will fall. It is currently the #12 pick.

Having said that that is waaay to much to give up for Plumlee. Stop giving away the Hawks stuff.

First, we didn't steal the pick.

No givesy backsy.

There is absolutely no way the Hawks do anything with that pick until the off season iuntil they know exactly where that pick will fall. It is currently the #12 pick.

Having said that that is waaay to much to give up for Plumlee. Stop giving away the Hawks stuff.

we did steal that pick. that was a dumb move on brooklyn giving up all those picks AND taking over that joe johnson contract. their record proves it. now, as far as the amount it would take to get plumlee, i know thats a lot, but i place more value on what we know a player can do, vs the what ifs of a draft. Antić and just the first pick SHOULD be enough to get plumlee. the second round choice added to it is pushing it, i agree.

Can't steal what someone's willingly giving away.  Plus, @JayBirdHawk is right.  That pick's going nowhere until we know where it's going to fall.  Certainly not back to the Nets.  This ain't kindergarten and there are no give-backs and do-overs.  BK made their bed now they've gotta lie in it.

I'm not a bball coach but I believe we need someone who can competently hit an outside shot at the 5 and do all those intangible things you mention.

IOW, we need someone with Pero's supposed skillset.  Granted, he is killing us lately.  I guess what I'm saying is, if we're going to trade him, it's gotta be for someone similar not someone like Plumlee.  I do like Plumlee though.

I really don't think there are any bigs to be had.  I read a rumor that the Plumlee that's in PHX is up for grabs for a 1st but that's too rich a price for him.  I'm still stuck on getting a guy like Afflalo to basically upgrade our wing depth.

• Moderators

I guess Plumlee is the new Pryzbilla around here.    I don't know why its so hard to understand that the Hawks are a machine and each part has a pretty specific job to do.   Plus we just unloaded a young big because we felt like we had plenty in the pipeline already.

• Like 4

Trade Jenk and Minny's 1st (which may end up being a 2nd) and get Afflalo in here for an amazing playoff bench of Shredder, Afflalo, Blaze, Thabo, Scott, Antić, Moose, and Brand. Finals...

Edited by hazer

Are you a Nets fan? Just curious. Only a Nets fan would make an offer like this. We are keeping our pick this year. If we wanted Plumlee, we would have drafted him...(I think :-/)

Are you a Nets fan? Just curious. Only a Nets fan would make an offer like this. We are keeping our pick this year. If we wanted Plumlee, we would have drafted him...(I think :-/)

im a tired of seeing Antić hoist up bricks and miss wide open easy one on nothing layups fan.........

Horf, Tavares, and Moose are Hawks' Cs going forward...

we need somebody NOW who can get after it in the playoffs in the paint to help horford. ive watched most of the hawks games this season, and i see where they gonna attack us in the playoffs: the INTERIOR of our defense. right now, we doing a good job most games of collapsing in the paint as a team and keeping folks out. i dont wanna chance it in the playoffs that teams are able to spread us and attack horford and millsap and get them in foul trouble and rely on Antić or moose........

we need somebody NOW who can get after it in the playoffs in the paint to help horford. ive watched most of the hawks games this season, and i see where they gonna attack us in the playoffs: the INTERIOR of our defense. right now, we doing a good job most games of collapsing in the paint as a team and keeping folks out. i dont wanna chance it in the playoffs that teams are able to spread us and attack horford and millsap and get them in foul trouble and rely on Antić or moose........

elton-brand-e1394307936540.jpg

• Like 2

I guess Plumlee is the new Pryzbilla around here.    I don't know why its so hard to understand that the Hawks are a machine and each part has a pretty specific job to do.   Plus we just unloaded a young big because we felt like we had plenty in the pipeline already.

I totally agree....Unfortunately, some Hawks dont realize that Antić actually stretches the floor, which makes it easier for us to get easier baskets elsewhere..Coach BUD is playing Chess not checkers people!!  Strategy and execution has us as the top seed in the East...>WHY WOULD WE CHANGE THAT

Edited by wolvetigers

I totally agree....Unfortunately, some Hawks dont realize that Antić actually stretches the floor, which makes it easier for us to get easier baskets elsewhere..Coach BUD is playing Chess not checkers people!!  Strategy and execution has us as the top seed in the East...>WHY WOULD WE CHANGE THAT

spread the floor so that he almost always wind up hoisting a brick.. we can bring moose in to do that. ANYBODY can run out to the wing and hoist a brick........get real. Antić is the hawks version of the falcons biermann. coach favorite taking up a spot that can be better used......

Edited by atlbenz

spread the floor so that he almost always wind up hoisting a brick.. we can bring moose in to do that. ANYBODY can run out to the wing and hoist a brick........get real. Antić is the hawks version of the falcons biermann. coach favorite taking up a spot that can be better used......

Yeah, but the thing you fail to realize is that while Moose or anyone else can come in and hoist a brick, that's not all that Pero does for us. The things you so easily discount, setting screens, intagibles (those things you didn't want to hear about) as well as passing, and outstanding defense are what makes him more valuable than just some other guy that might shoot better than him.

You seem to be a young fan that has no idea what it actually takes to win games, as opposed to just looking flashy and putting up good stats. Unfortunately, you're not the only one around here that doesn't understand the nuances of winning basketball. But fortunately for us, Coach Bud isn't one of those people. I think I'll roll with Bud on this one if thats OK with you.

• Like 1

Antić shoots 30% from 3 point range, and it forces the other teams big to come out and guard him....So as soon as he passes the ball to one of our wings, they can attack the basket without much resistance...I mean have you even watch the Hawks play this season?

You do understand that part of our advantage in Coach Buds system is our ability to defend, shoot, and the versatility of our 4 & 5.  Plumlee can't shoot from outside so why would we make a trade for a player who doesnt fit our system on the offensive side of the ball...Come on people wake up!!!

Edited by wolvetigers

Yeah, but the thing you fail to realize is that while Moose or anyone else can come in and hoist a brick, that's not all that Pero does for us. The things you so easily discount, setting screens, intagibles (those things you didn't want to hear about) as well as passing, and outstanding defense are what makes him more valuable than just some other guy that might shoot better than him.

You seem to be a young fan that has no idea what it actually takes to win games, as opposed to just looking flashy and putting up good stats. Unfortunately, you're not the only one around here that doesn't understand the nuances of winning basketball. But fortunately for us, Coach Bud isn't one of those people. I think I'll roll with Bud on this one if thats OK with you.

when horford went down last year, pero was the difference in us losing that indiana series and possibly going further with a team that still hadnt mastered coach bud's system. i know basketball. been watching basketball since lenny wilkins supersonics, hubie brown hawks,etc. in fact, tom mcmillan ( played under hubie brown with the hawks) is the type of player that you are talking about. can stretch the floor and pass the ball........

when horford went down last year, pero was the difference in us losing that indiana series and possibly going further with a team that still hadnt mastered coach bud's system. i know basketball. been watching basketball since lenny wilkins supersonics, hubie brown hawks,etc. in fact, tom mcmillan ( played under hubie brown with the hawks) is the type of player that you are talking about. can stretch the floor and pass the ball........

And I could counter that Pero was the difference in us even making the playoffs to begin with, and allowing us to take Indy to 7 games. We can play these hypothetical games forever.