Vic Beasley-OLB-Clemson

CBAreject

I want him over fowler or ray anyway. I hope they are gone to make this choice easier. More explosive off the line and his bend around the corner is tremendous. I was worried about his size and strength but he put that to rest when he showed up 11pounds heavier than previously listed and did 35 reps on the bench. Bring him home TD

Beasly would be great, but Fowler is a little better against the run and is a true 4-3 DE. Beasly is more of a hybrid that would work better in a 3-4. I think Quinn could figure it out with Beasly, but I think Fowler is just a bit better fit for what Quinn wants to do.

think we should trade down and get additional picks.  We have too many needs.  but this guy would be a gem. 

If Ford and Beasley are off the board, then yes, trade down. However, if one of those two is there the Falcons need to make the pick. We have to get a freak on the d-line or nothing will improve on the defensive side of the ball. Opposing offenses did whatever they wanted against us for the past 2 or even 3 seasons because we couldn't defend anything. The focus for the next few seasons has to be massively upgrading the defensive talent. Guys like Ford and probably Beasley don't come around that often, so we need to take advantage of the deep draft.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if both guys are gone by 8. The Falcons can then trade down into the middle teens and get another second rounder and maybe a 3rd or 4th next year.

I'm assuming you meant Fowler and not Ford....but I doubt both be gone by 8. There's 4 dline guys rumored to be around the top 10 picks and the order changes by the day. If Ray shows out at his pro day after not participating at the combine he will jump back up boards and possibly push another guy down. Gregory has the physical traits while Beasley has crazy measurables and Fowler is just an overall damn good prospect. I don't think we can go wrong either way.