• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bigger win: SA or Golden State?

Plainview1981

Bigger win: SA or Golden State?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beating San Antonio is the last possibly psychological obstacle this team faces.  At win vs Golden State ( the best home team in the league ) would be great.  If I had to choose though, I'd choose a close loss to the Warriors, coupled with a win vs the Spurs.

The last time we beat the Spurs?  This game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201003210ATL.html

And look at who was the hero !!

I think GSW by far.  In the grand scheme of things, there are only a few reasons why a win matters:

1) It helps you in the standings (a win over GSW could help more because it causes the warriors to lose)

2) It gives you confidence (a win over the "best team" in the league at their house with best record would give lots of confidence)

3) Bragging rights (while the team would not admit it, Bud beating Pop is no big deal to them...while being the best in the league is)

• Premium Member

Having the best record in the NBA matters the most. Home court advantage throughout the Playoffs is an edge that I cannot casually dismiss. I know there's a slim chance the Hawks face the Warriors in the Finals, but I figure they should go for whatever edge they can get just in case. Prepare for success.

• Like 1

I can understand wanting to have the best record but all of that wouldn't matter with a championship.  Then having the best record is secondary.  Besides I wouldn't care to brag about the best record if it didn't amount to anything in the postseason anyways.

The best NBA record would be nice but I would rather have the 2nd overall record at this point.  There's still that slight fear in me that an early postseason bounce would even more strongly tag us with the good ol' "Great during the regular season but can't win in the postseason" tag.

I can understand wanting to have the best record but all of that wouldn't matter with a championship. Then having the best record is secondary. Besides I wouldn't care to brag about the best record if it didn't amount to anything in the postseason anyways.

The best NBA record would be nice but I would rather have the 2nd overall record at this point. There's still that slight fear in me that an early postseason bounce would even more strongly tag us with the good ol' "Great during the regular season but can't win in the postseason" tag.

I wanna be the 95-96 Rockets. Come in as the 6th seed and just start killing people in the playoffs.

I wanna be the 95-96 Rockets. Come in as the 6th seed and just start killing people in the playoffs.

OKC has a chance to be that team this year, but yeah we almost made some noise last year without anyone thinking we would.  This year we're expected to.

OKC has a chance to be that team this year, but yeah we almost made some noise last year without anyone thinking we would. This year we're expected to.

Ok how bout this...we win it this year as the #1 seed and have all the dummies at ESPN tnt etc love us and we slide next regular season to the 6th seed and have the same networks talk crap about us and get in the postseason and win it again. How's that plan?

OKC has a chance to be that team this year, but yeah we almost made some noise last year without anyone thinking we would. This year we're expected to.

Don't know about OKC - Serge out 4-6 weeks with knee procedure today.

Ok how bout this...we win it this year as the #1 seed and have all the dummies at ESPN tnt etc love us and we slide next regular season to the 6th seed and have the same networks talk crap about us and get in the postseason and win it again. How's that plan?

Let's do it!  Go talk to your people who know those other people who know coach Bud.

Make it so!

I can understand wanting to have the best record but all of that wouldn't matter with a championship.  Then having the best record is secondary.  Besides I wouldn't care to brag about the best record if it didn't amount to anything in the postseason anyways.

The best NBA record would be nice but I would rather have the 2nd overall record at this point.  There's still that slight fear in me that an early postseason bounce would even more strongly tag us with the good ol' "Great during the regular season but can't win in the postseason" tag.

You would rather have the 2nd overall record if we end up facing GSW in the Finals? 

I'm pretty confident that we make it to the FInals.  While GSW will have a much tougher route to the Finals, they have been beating tough teams all year and they have to be 1 of the 3 or 4 teams with a chance to make it out of the West.

A possible game 7 at home vs away at GSW with their crazy fans could easily be the difference in obtaining the championship that you wish to have.

You would rather have the 2nd overall record if we end up facing GSW in the Finals?

I'm pretty confident that we make it to the FInals. While GSW will have a much tougher route to the Finals, they have been beating tough teams all year and they have to be 1 of the 3 or 4 teams with a chance to make it out of the West.

A possible game 7 at home vs away at GSW with their crazy fans could easily be the difference in obtaining the championship that you wish to have.

@JETSET When we get to the finals, we won't need 7 games..:-).

We will be winning the close out game at Philips.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

@JETSET When we get to the finals, we won't need 7 games..:-).

We will be winning the close out game at Philips.

I sure hope so.  I would still rather have that extra home game in my back pocket.  I would love to be in my seats at Phillips for a Finals game 7 as well. 

• Like 2