• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bigger win: SA or Golden State?

Plainview1981

Bigger win: SA or Golden State?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm siding with GSW since we are still battling them for the best overall record.  Although it won't compare to making a good run in the playoffs, I think it would be awesome to see the Hawks finish the season with the best overall record. 

• Like 1

Tough call.

On one hand winning in GS would be HUGE - another quality road win. But we've beaten them already this season.

On the other hand, we haven't beaten SAS in a million years, and they're the only team we don't have a win against this season. I would like Bud to beat his mentor, they are the defending champs, it'll be the first home game in 2 weeks and most importantly, I've got tickets to this game so - San Antonio.

(Hopefully we win both though).

I would probably have to say SAS. We have already beaten GS this season and beating SAS would help make up for that very close game we lost against them earlier this season. Bud needs to get one up on his old mentor, too. Tough call though. I am not even factoring in having homecourt vs. GS in the finals because there are just too many contingencies for that to be relevant at this point.

• Like 2

Funny, the poll has GS win leading but those who've responded are qualifying the SAS win. I'm in the SAS win is a bigger win for the Hawks. Losing in GS isn't that big a deal. We are going to lose tough road games. Coming home and beating the Spurs is an important momentum builder for the home-town crowd and the players. 

If it plays out that we beat GS and then lose to SAS no big deal, but I'll take winning at home. 

For me (and Bud, and team), it's SAS all the way. But I voted GSW, because it would have a bigger impact across the league, networks, journalists, and fans. But not to me, just sayin'.

Spurs only because I'd like to make up for that tough loss early in the season.  I also want Bud to show he can beat his former team.

We've already proven ourselves against the Warriors.  It would be nice to say that a team doesn't have our number this season.

Actually, I am curious:  has any team gone undefeated against us this season?  Only New Orleans comes to mind so hopefully we get a chance to redeem that one if I'm right.

Edited by AUhawksfan

For me (and Bud, and team), it's SAS all the way. But I voted GSW, because it would have a bigger impact across the league, networks, journalists, and fans. But not to me, just sayin'.

I've given up on the national media. Frankly, until the Hawks get out of the 2nd round, the skepticism is warranted. I'm at the point in the season, where i just want the playoffs to start so the team can show it's true mettle. 

Spurs only because I'd like to make up for that tough loss early in the season. I also want Bud to show he can beat his former team.

We've already proven ourselves against the Warriors. It would be nice to say that a team doesn't have our number this season.

Actually, I am curious: has any team gone undefeated against us this season? Only New Orleans comes to mind so hopefully we get a chance to redeem that one if I'm right.

We've beaten everyone except SA (New Orleans Nov 28). I know beating every team is a goal of Bud's, none bigger than his mentor. After the 5 game West trip we handled I'm greedy, I want both and OKC. F$&k the rest of the league, we've ran through it and will continue to.

I've given up on the national media. Frankly, until the Hawks get out of the 2nd round, the skepticism is warranted. I'm at the point in the season, where i just want the playoffs to start so the team can show it's true mettle. 

I've never cared what they say/think/print, so nothing for me to give up ;)

• Like 1

The Spurs. Sure, the media would care more about us beating the GSW and it would even help us more in the standings....but honestly, I REALLY want to beat the Spurs. I can't even remember the last time we beat them.

Also, while I find the "Spurs East" title we have been dubbed very flattering (See: The Spurs' championships) it's not really our identity and I think beating them is just a step in the right for the team in general.