Official Game Thread: Hawks - Warriors

lethalweapon3

Sometimes as Hawks fans, we don't appreciate things in the proper light because we haven't been exposed to it.  Being this good is really a new thing for us (and I can say that having watched the team for 30 years).  We are not going to whoop everybody, every night and we are not invincible.  There are other good teams out there and Golden State is a good team.  You don't really have to dissect this game to understand that.

This goes back to the same thing I've been echoing all year: execution and hitting shots.  We don't have a particular guy that's going to bail us out with a spectacular performance or timely clutch shots.  We do it as a team and if the individual parts aren't in sync and/or working properly...we are toast.

The big story last night was we were not executing properly AND we were missing easy looks...we can't beat them like that.  Defense (turnovers) kept us in it early, but teams that good...you can't expect to keep them bottled up.

On a positive note, we looked uncharacteristically bad out there.  I think the loss was inevitable, but the blowout happened because they were tired, they played in a difficult arena, and because we missed KK more than they missed KT.  I think they got a little too caught up in the magnitude of this game.  It was a pretty big deal.  With a little health and more focus, I think that game is way closer...maybe even a win.

The Hawks are going to learn from this and I think they'll finish the season strong.

I totally agreed on everything you said. Hawks don't have players like Stephen curry, Klay thompson, Kyrie irving, or superstar that makes 30-40 points every night. Hawks are not a 1 on 1 basketball team, they are more on team execution and ball movement. Everyone must play for each other just to have a chance to beat good teams and more talented teams like the warriors. I just hope every Hawk players are healthy by the time playoff comes.

The nature of how GS plays is going to lead to blowouts.  They've blown out just about every team they've played, especially at home where they are 31-2.

I'm really not looking too much into this loss as we were out 3 key players and they were out 1.  Honestly we'd have been better off had Klay played because he would've taken some shots away from Barnes, Iggy and Green.

Barnes had 25 points on 11-13 shooting.  That will never happen again.

Iggy had 21 on 9-12, will never happen again.

Green 5-7 from three?  

They all just happened to be ridiculously hot and that's why they blew us out.  With role players like that combining for 64 points, they would've blown out anyone.  

I mean, what happens when Mike Scott or Shelvin Mack go off?  We dominate.  That's basically it.  

If we were somehow to play them in a series, this is how I would expect it to go.  Whichever team is hotter on a given night would win, and it would probably be a bunch of blowouts.  Similar to our Heat series a few years ago.

• Like 3