• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks playoff preview: Nobody gives the East's best team any respect

RandomFan

Ziller and Prada are exceptional basketball writers. I been wondering all year how "bad" teams give us problems and get ample opportunities at open threes.

They bait the side trap Bud loves so much, force a dive up top, and pop out a shooter behind it. Lovely strategy, but you have to have the personnel to do it. Respecting Zaza's diving seemed to be the key on his example.

It's a cool chess match. Bud is very particular about who he traps. Scoring guards like Wall and Rose not so much becuase he knows the overload to cut off the paint will naturally cause turnovers without proper movement off the ball from their teammates. Our guys know where their man is stationed, so it's just a matter of cutting off passing lanes with active hands.

It's tempting to use versus lesser unsuspecting point guards bringing the ball up who aren't the best handlers. It disrupts the offense early of teams who try to hurt us with our own ball movement and space attack for lack of an isolation guy. It takes a smart coach who can predict that Bud will try to attack his PG and counter it. I expect Bud to use it a lot versus guys like Jack or Dellavadova, even Kyrie who has the handle but doesn't trust his teammates or see a couple passes ahead as a PG should when pressured. None of it versus the Raptors, they're built to destroy the strategy, as they've shown time and time again this year.

The article covered us in a nutshell, but there are so many facets to this team that make it unique, versatile, and just hard to beat. DeMarre being arguably the best 3 and D player going, Millsap's skill set evidenced by his one-of-a-kind stat-line average, and no drop off at the PG position with the second unit just to name a few. The mention of how we mix and match starters and reserves more than anyone else is key, too.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

My only concern is Bud having a plan for the Raptors plan...

I think he has a plan in place. It starts in game 3 where Harry the Hawk will travel to Toronto with us and immediately drop kick Drake in the face at half court, thus sending a message to the Raps that he and the Hawks mean business...

Too soon to worry, they have to beat the Wiz first.

Nobody beats the Wiz (nobody beats the Wiiiiz).  Nobody beats the Wiz .....

Sorry got Biz Markie on the mind.

Also, they're the 'Zards.

I think he has a plan in place. It starts in game 3 where Harry the Hawk will travel to Toronto with us and immediately drop kick Drake in the face at half court, thus sending a message to the Raps that he and the Hawks mean business...

Whoa, I thought Drake was a Cavs fan now.  I can't keep up with the bandwagon-of-the-week club.

Nobody beats the Wiz (nobody beats the Wiiiiz). Nobody beats the Wiz .....

Sorry got Biz Markie on the mind.

Also, they're the 'Zards.

Whoa, I thought Drake was a Cavs fan now. I can't keep up with the bandwagon-of-the-week club.

Really? I thought he was a die hard Raps fan? Hmmm...he has/had those court side seats.

Really? I thought he was a die hard Raps fan? Hmmm...he has/had those court side seats.

Oh, he is a diehard cRaps fan ... and a Kentucky fan ....and a Browns (Manziel) fan ... and a Heat/Cavs fan ... and .....