• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Hammers for game 2 goes to....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bronze Hammer:  

Bazemore, Dennis, Antić.   When we needed a score, these guys were johnny on the spot.   They made sure that the Wizards didn't break our lead and they had a hard climb uphill.

Silver Hammer:

Milsap, Horford.  The engine of our offense was our defense.  These guys are doing great on the boards and they are doing a great job of limiting Nene and Gortat.  Always outsized but never overmatched.

Gold Hammer:

DMC_-Thealltimegreat.   He is making his case for being reuped at the end of the season.  Not only does he play good defense, the Junkyard dog gets in there and scraps and fights, and scores!!!

Honorable Mention:  It was good to see Korver back... We want to see Korver being more consistent on the shot.

Game 3.  We need to take their heart.  This team doesn't really have the pride that they say they have.  They are a mess waiting to happen.  It's possible that we can get both games in Washington if we take game 3 convincingly.

Let's go Hawks!!

• Like 4

I agree with all.

On a side note DMC is starting to scare me. He seems like the kind of player that some teams would go after and build around. They may through more money his way then we are willing to part with.

I don't think he is that type of player though. I think he's one of the best TEAM FIRST guys in the league, but not the guy to build your roster around. Hopefully he wants to stay here and doesn't chase the money. He needs to put down some NBA roots since he has been a journeyman up to the last two years.

Edited by diamond_dave
  • Like 1

No arguments here. DMC is going to make a lot of $$$$ this summer; either here or elsewhere. Who would've thought that he would command a contract worth $7-10M a year when he arrived from Utah? The way he's been playing, the notion of desperately needing to improve on the wing position is evaporating with each 20+ game he hangs up (although depth could always be upgraded on).

As for the series, I also agree that if the Hawks really want to take their hearts (along with their fans'), they take Game 3 away. Since their team also hasn't made it to an ECF in decades, their fans are just as uptight as we are down here. If the Hawks get out to an early lead and hit the NOS button on them, they will resort back to the squad that couldn't beat anyone a few weeks ago. Translation: Whiz fans will be checking on the Nationals after Game 5...

• Premium Member

I agree with all.

On a side note DMC is starting to scare me. He seems like the kind of player that some teams would go after and build around. They may through more money his way then we are willing to part with.

I don't think he is that type of player though. I think he's one of the best TEAM FIRST guys in the league, but not the guy to build your roster around. Hopefully he wants to stay here and doesn't chase the money. He needs to put down some NBA roots since he has been a journeyman up to the last two years.

DMC out of all except maybe Korver... is Made for Atlanta.   He is tailor made to how we play.  If anybody is built around DMC, it's us.

When Teague comes down and off the pick and roll, DMC is the second option and he's steady.  He makes a lot of his bones because of Korver and Sap.

DeMarre is our Kawhi-lite. Only difference is the size.

And shout out to everyone who held Pero down while he was getting killed during the regular season. Even my fandom was starting to wane just a bit until I caught myself. He's arguably the best player in the NBA at his salary. All the "little things that don't show up on the stat sheet" he does should be clearly evident by now.

What's crazy though is Gortat somehow sets even better screens. Pero is integral in getting him in foul trouble on the glass so Nene can come in and we can run 5 on 4.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Good read. Agree on most points. I see 2nd half korver really started to get going and help us put the nail on the coffin along with al.

I only saw highlights as I had to work but shout out to al for getting his shot down like we knew would happen eventually. Let's hope that continues in washington

I agree with all.

I love DMC but any GM building around DMC would deserve to be fired. Our offense is an equal opportunity offense meaning any player is free to take a shot, no heirarchy per se.

What I'm loving even more about DMC is it's still ALL about his defense. He's taking his shots within the offense and not forcing anything.