• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 5 (8 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

And that's what I get for giving up on them too soon. lol They had a 5 point lead when I started watching them and a 10 point deficit when I stopped. Then they pull of the miracle finish... It's official, Dolf has passed on the jinx. lol

Oh, and @lethalweapon3 , the "Road to Championship" picture I've been doing will have to wait 'til the morrow.

I will never understand how people turn the game off.  I'm watching every second until it is 1000% out of reach.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Can Mookie text from jail? We can't have "Janus" Teague on Friday night! He'll need all the encouragement he can get!

I do hope Dikembe was watching, he'd have fit right in in an ugly 82-81 game! How many blocks? I lost count!

~lw3

So, everyone's going to sit here and act like Dennis in the 2nd quarter didn't put us in a hole? I refuse to sit here and allow you guys to point the finger solely on Jeff. Yes, he made turnovers tonight but most of them were due to teammates in the wrong spots and not being active on offense. Bud has some idiotic ways with his lineups and I have a big issue with how he treats Dennis. He allows the kid to come in and play "Me" ball before setting up his teammates. And you wonder why our shooters get out of rhythm. Pero should be benched and Scott should get more minutes. I've yet to understand his love affair with a soft big that can't finish under the basket. Him getting blocked by a guard was completely embarrassing for his size. Coach needs to stop showing favoritism, we have two players on the bench with playoff experience.

And I would like a formal apology in "likes" for my Moose call. He shut down Gortat and pushed Nene away from the basket. And he made one hell of an impact on offense! Give that kid more minutes!

I think the biggest difference is you seem to be treating Teague and Dennis as equals.  Us that are disappointed with Teague expect him to be the clear cut best PG on this team.  He has shown that he can be that and he has far more experience.  It is as clear as day that this team is on another level when he is aggressive yet he is passive far too often.  

I am one of Teague's biggest supporters but I am not going to give him a pass when he comes out and plays half ass.  He was slacking on defense as well.  Teague is one of the most potent PGs in the league when he wants to be and we just wish he would want it more often. 

• Like 1

ATLiott:  @ 39 you are only 1\2 my age!  Makes me feel kinda old!

That was a great, nerve racking 4th quarter.  Hawks went forever, or so it seemed,

without hitting a single shot.  They only had a foul shot or two.  Then Korver finally

go an open look even if it was from another time zone.  Boss then hit another three

and from there things got interesting.

Great defense from both teams.  John Wall and Paul Pierce.  They both played and

played well and still their team couldn't top Atlanta.  On one play late, replay clearly

showed the ball being kicked out of bounds by them, yet they kept the ball.  With that

help, they still couldn't beat the Hawks.

For all you posters who didn't want to see Moose play, GOTCHA!

One more victory, Please.  In Washington?  That's all right with me.  At the end of the

game I had to say, "Thank you God.  They did their very best in the end and that's all

I could ask for."

• Like 2

Indeed, it IS extremely embarrassing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f5pXYTLyIY

#neverforget

~lw3

t

I admit, I forgot about that. However, I'm still really glad Horford didn't Tebow. That would have tainted a great win.

• Like 1

My favorite part of that shot was how the SECOND Horford made it, he went to the other end. He wasn't letting them slingshot a pass for an easy point on the other end. He INSTANTLY started playing defense. That's a veteran play. That's a low ego move. THAT is the kind of attitude that this Hawks team was built around.

Saw that too and completely agree.

• Moderators

TNT didn't even talk about our game during the Grizzlies and Golden State half-time. Either I missed it or someone's sour. Smh

They did just before the commercial break, although the plans to praise Wall and Pierce incessantly got kind of a buzzkill. "This was a great game," said Chuck followed by something-big men-something from Shaq. Scintillating analysis!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

"Series!"

~paula

"You wanna BET?!?"

~al

Speaking of which, I know I'll never find it, but between here on the Squawk and RealGM, somebody photoshopped (for me) a Fleet Bank check that made it look like Pierce paid Horford his "ten stacks," ($10,000) from the wager Pierce quietly made with the rookie in the latter's first playoffs in 2008. The memo line read, "$^@%*#!" I'd love to find that.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/horford-to-pierce-wheres-my-money/

Bonus note: We'll never know whether Al got paid (I hope not) but he still cost Paul money anyway. His taunting of Pierce after clinching Game 3 in 2008 was responded to by the L.A.-raised Pierce flashing a "Piru Bloods" gang sign, whatever that is. That gesture cost Pierce 25 "stacks", payable to the O.G. David Stern.

~lw3 

Edited by lethalweapon3

Speaking of which, I know I'll never find it, but between here on the Squawk and RealGM, somebody photoshopped (for me) a Fleet Bank check that made it look like Pierce paid Horford his "ten stacks," ($10,000) from the wager Pierce quietly made with the rookie in the latter's first playoffs in 2008. The memo line read, "$^@%*#!" I'd love to find that.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/horford-to-pierce-wheres-my-money/

Bonus note: We'll never know whether Al got paid (I hope not) but he still cost Paul money anyway. His taunting of Pierce after clinching Game 3 in 2008 was responded to by the L.A.-raised Pierce flashing a "Piru Bloods" gang sign, whatever that is. That gesture cost Pierce 25 "stacks", payable to the O.G. David Stern.

~lw3

I created that years ago and I probably still have it. I will uhh check on that tomorrow.

• Like 1

And that's what I get for giving up on them too soon. lol They had a 5 point lead when I started watching them and a 10 point deficit when I stopped. Then they pull of the miracle finish... It's official, Dolf has passed on the jinx. lol

Oh, and @lethalweapon3 , the "Road to Championship" picture I've been doing will have to wait 'til the morrow.

I was tempted to turn it off when they got down by 10. But I didn't.

• Like 2