We Good if Bud Don't Listen to the Haters!

LastDon

I mean its discouraging that we might be without Demarre but with the right adjustments we can still beat the Cavaliers.. All of the analyst from Isaiah, Kenny Smith,and weak ass Dennis Scott are going on and on about how Sap can't guard Lebron but based off what I seen in the regular season and during the final stretch of the game this is totally untrue..

These people don't understand Sap's versatility as far as being able to guard on the perimeter and in the post..With Demarre possibly out Bud need to put our next best player over 6'6 on Lebron..Sap was able to stay attached to him..Lebron's game off the bounce in the half court is weak.. He has no shake and bake and is simply a straight line driver..

When we were down 4 the only way Lebron got loose was because of a screen that we guarded poorly.If we keep Sap on him and take away his high percentage post game then we will be in good shape..

But the thing is if we are going to switch Sap permanently on Bron we are going to have to go Big..

We can't afford to go even smaller with a SG in Bazemore on Bron..We are already getting killed on the boards. We must go Big and start either Mike Scott or Muscala..If Bud listens to the haters and goes even smaller were are done..smh

Edited by LastDon
  • Like 2

I actually agree that Sap-on-Broughn wasn't the abject failure the broadcast kept describing.  It turned their O into total iso and, save for poor/late help, was fairly effective.

You are absolutely right KG..its really the only alternative at this point..Bazemore should be kept on the bench and be inserted to matchup with JR Smith..

With a better offensive game from Sap and Dennis and Jr morphed back into his low percentage ways we can be fine..but Bud has been horrible at making adjustments and based off the press conference Bud stated that we can expect a heavier dosage of Bazemore which will doom us..

• Moderators

Sap will play the most minutes on LBJ but with Thabo and DMC both out we will need someone else to pick up some of the minutes as well.  Bazemore will have to do that and we'll have to come up with some ways to force the ball out of Lebron's hands when he tries to post Baze (mostly likely traps).

I have no problem with Baze as the secondary option on Bron but the talent on the roster need to be maximized and a bigger body need to be on James from the onset..He is not a guy who penetrates with quickness but is more of a guy who powers his way to the basket..

Hopefully Pop holla at his boy and convince him to go big..

• Moderators
DeMarre Carroll steals the ball fromLeBron James 4:59 transparent-649ba6f.png   4:22 transparent-649ba6f.pngLeBron James misses a 17-foot fade away jumper from the right wing 4:20 transparent-649ba6f.png   3:14 transparent-649ba6f.pngLeBron James misses a layup 3:13 transparent-649ba6f.png   2:03 transparent-649ba6f.pngLeBron James misses a 12-foot jumper from the right wing 2:02 transparent-649ba6f.png   1:35 transparent-649ba6f.pngLeBron James misses a layup 1:34 transparent-649ba6f.png 1:22 transparent-649ba6f.png 1:00 transparent-649ba6f.pngLeBron James misses a layup :58.8 transparent-649ba6f.png :37.9 transparent-649ba6f.pngSlam dunk by LeBron James

I'm more worried about our stagnant offense than who is going to guard LeBron. DMC has not only been our defensive rock but our offensive rock at times as well. We can let Bron get his and still win. So far in the playoffs the Cavs have gotten major sparks from their bench.

• Like 4

I actually agree that Sap-on-Broughn wasn't the abject failure the broadcast kept describing.  It turned their O into total iso and, save for poor/late help, was fairly effective.

Lebron was just doing what he usually does.  Watch Cleveland games and you will notice that Lebron will always start running heavy ISOs at the end of games that have been decided to increase his stats.  Even in the regular season, the other team will have their scrubs in and Lebron will be giving it his all and looking to score on every play. 

I think this loss is just the Hawks trolling. This Cavs win only gets all the nancies even more excited, and when the chicken finally comes home to roost it will be all the more wtf for them.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I think this loss is just the Hawks trolling. This Cavs win only gets all the nancies even more excited, and when the chicken finally comes home to roost it will be all the more wtf for them.

That was like the greatest sentence I've read around here in a long time.   That thing reads like poetry.  Well done!