• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott is 100% Healthy

Bonkers

• Moderators

Im not a rocket scientist or mathematician, but all that mumbo jumbo lead to .23 block shots per game, 4.8 points and you need a calculator to calculate the 0.0 whatever assists that Pero had during the regular season. I care NOTHING about the nuances when they are not producing anything........... 

The 16 points, 15 rebounds and some blocked shots Payne put up in that clipper game are numbers i can work with.

Thank god, you aren't our GM.  I'll try to give you some shorthand, though.

Payne was so bad defending centers that he let them score better than anyone scored over the regular season.  When a center played against him, that center scored better than Lebron James, Kyle Korver, etc.

Payne was so bad at scoring that he shot 3's at a third of the percentage that Antić did.  He was so bad that if you boosted his TS% by 50% (i.e., you pretended that he shot 50% better) he was still less efficient overall during his time in Atlanta than Antić and his shooting % in Minny was still way worse than Antić.

So he was historically bad at defending and one of the worst in the entire league at scoring.  When you combine those two things, you should arrive at the conclusion that he wouldn't be playing in Atlanta during the playoffs and that he was much worse than Antić this season.

Does that help?

https://youtu.be/wZGAO8veLDM

The better shooter.. He also gets himself into a rhythm quicker and better than Pero. Look at the score once he starts lighting it up. Notice how the team reacted and the lead ballooned. Pero has never sparked the team in two seasons, more importantly in the playoffs. Look at how he finishes under the basket with his left hand over Mahimi and Scola.

https://youtu.be/SRXLsbWVv2c

He finishes better than Pero over bigger players.

https://youtu.be/LrkhMpGAxZA

Look at his mindset when it comes to losing a shoe in an important playoff game. Lol. Please stop with the excuses. All you're doing is embarrassing yourself. Pero will never be better than Moose nor Scott. Peros dirt!

Edited by willthepureshooter

Except for the fact that Pero is our backup center and Mike Scott is a forward tweener? Mike Scott gives us nothing but three point shooting. He is subpar defensively, doesn't rebound the basketball, and he isn't used to set screens either... All of which Muscala and Pero gives us... from the center position. Pero does a lot more than you give him credit for. He stretches the floor, defends well, and does all the little things well too. The only issue I have with Pero is he has a 1 inch vertical and he is a little soft underneath the hoop. I'd much rather have Muscala fighting for rebs and Pero out there spacing the floor and defending Mozgov than to have Scott's defensive liability out there. Just get out of here with your Pero hate because it's baseless.

And Schröder is the best bench player for the Hawks, so just stop it.

I agree. Scott is probably the most athletic player on the team but I don't understand why he doesn't use it on defense. He should be doing chasedown blocks off the backboard like LeBron and leading the team in rebounds.

• Moderators

I agree. Scott is probably the most athletic player on the team but I don't understand why he doesn't use it on defense. He should be doing chasedown blocks off the backboard like LeBron and leading the team in rebounds.

Teague, Dennis and Horford are the most athletic players on the team. Bazemore is next.

Edited by AHF