• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott is 100% Healthy

Bonkers

• Premium Member

Scott has been a disaster all year ,

I wouldn't call a per of 15.4 a disaster...If that is the case then what would you call a per of 9.57 which is Pero's per

Edited by Peoriabird

I'm in the middle of the two arguments in this thread. I think Mike could provide some instant offense and if he's on he has the ability to put up 20 points in a hurry. He isn't a great defender and is a tweeter 3/4. I think he could give us an athletic body and we could put him on Lebron and at least use some of his fouls. I would like to see all of our bench get used a little more to keep our starters fresh. They've all logged a lot of minutes in the playoffs.

If we are talking Scott from last year I would agree. Mike Scott this year is not that guy you described so well. He is were he needs to be. On the bench with a more well rounded Moose taking his minutes. As it should be

I would call a per of 15.4 a disaster...If that is the case then what would you call a per of 9.57 which is Pero's per

Guess its a good thing NBA coachs could give shit about Hollingers per. Just sayin

I wouldn't call a per of 15.4 a disaster...If that is the case then what would you call a per of 9.57 which is Pero's per

And once again what does Pero have to do with Scott?

Except for the fact that Pero is our backup center and Mike Scott is a forward tweener? Mike Scott gives us nothing but three point shooting. He is subpar defensively, doesn't rebound the basketball, and he isn't used to set screens either... All of which Muscala and Pero gives us... from the center position. Pero does a lot more than you give him credit for. He stretches the floor, defends well, and does all the little things well too. The only issue I have with Pero is he has a 1 inch vertical and he is a little soft underneath the hoop. I'd much rather have Muscala fighting for rebs and Pero out there spacing the floor and defending Mozgov than to have Scott's defensive liability out there. Just get out of here with your Pero hate because it's baseless.

And Schröder is the best bench player for the Hawks, so just stop it.

LMAO......... spacing the floor. ANYBODY that can put on tennis shoes can stand out there and SPACE THE FLOOR.......AND DEFENSE.........LMAO.......We deploy Antić, other teams deploy Thristan Thompson, heck, even NENE and Gortat........I would even take zero baskeball i.q. Josh Smith over Antić.......Korver of all people is a better paint defender than Antić and thats a FACT.....

This is the thing, and WHY i keep harping on Antić. Antić GETS playing time and gives the Hawks NOTHING. NO rebounding, shooting, block shots, NOTHING. All he does is come in, stand around the 3 point line and either fake pumps a 3 and try and get fouled, or hoists a brick. In the paint, rebounds come RIGHT AT HIM, and he cant jump more than two inches off the ground and fails to grab the rebound. AT least Scott gives us 3 point shooter AND gets out on the break, etc. With Antić, you would be benching NOTHING, to gain SOMETHING. Thats why you have to question bud's rotations......

During the regular season, Antić gave them 4.8 points, 2.9 rebounds, .02 assists per game ( there goes the spacing the floor excuse) and less than 1 block a game at .23

On another note, yes, Schröder is the best bench player. My bad......

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 1

This is the thing, and WHY i keep harping on Antić. Antić GETS playing time and gives the Hawks NOTHING. NO rebounding, shooting, block shots, NOTHING. All he does is come in, stand around the 3 point line and either fake pumps a 3 and try and get fouled, or hoists a brick. In the paint, rebounds come RIGHT AT HIM, and he cant jump more than two inches off the ground and fails to grab the rebound. AT least Scott gives us 3 point shooter, gets out on the break, etc. You benching NOTHING, to gain SOMETHING. Thats why you have to question bud's rotations......

OH,yes, Schröder is the best bench player. My bad......

I will not even bother. You clearly do not watch the pick and roll or defensive end of the floor. Waste of time

• Like 3

Hawks’ Scott out of rotation in favor of Muscala

Mike Scott had a meeting with Mike Budenholzer sometime after Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Wizards. The Hawks forward was told by his coach that he was about to be taken out of the playing rotation.

Scott had eight points and four rebounds in 16 minutes of the Hawks’ Game 3 loss on May 9. He has yet to play since with four straight Did Not Play – Coach’s Decision.

“I wish I had an answer,” Scott said when asked about his lack of playing time after being such a valuable part of the bench the past two seasons. “Coach came to be and said he wanted to give (Mike Muscala) a shot. I support my teammates. Of course, I’m a competitor and I want to be out there with my teammates but I’m going to be a great teammate for my team.”

Hawks’ Scott out of rotation in favor of Muscala photo
Curtis Compton
Hawks’ Mike Scott gets past Wizards’ Drew Gooden for a dunk in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Sunday, May 3, 2015, in Atlanta.
Scott said he is 100 percent healthy. When asked whether he told his lack of playing time was due to matchups, he simply said “You have to talk to Bud about that.”

The only other detail of the conversation that Scott would divulge was that it was one-sided.

“I didn’t ask,” Scott said of whether another explanation was given. “There was no back-and-forth. I just said ‘Yes sir.’”

The fact that small forward DeMarre Carroll is questionable for Game 2 after suffering a knee injury does not mean Scott will be back in the rotation. Carroll plays a different position than the power forward Scott.

“Mike is somebody who we have a lot of confidence in, a lot of belief in,” Budenholzer said. “The way we play, our 4’s and 5’s can play either position and our 1’s, 2’s and 3’s can play either position. Mike is primarily a 4-man. An injury to a 3-man does not trickle down. There is some opportunity but I don’t think DeMarre being injured as that kind of trickle down that maybe people are inferring or thinking.”

Muscala has averaged 5.2 points and 13 minutes in the past four games. In his eight games this postseason, the 6-foot-8 Scott is averaging 4.3 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11 minutes.

Scott did say matchups are not an issue in his mind. He believes his game is suited for any opponent.

“If you ask me, I’m more suited to anyone that we play – Brooklyn, Washington, Cleveland, whoever in the West, whoever in the NBA,” Scott said. “Once again, it’s a coach’s decision. I just have to be a great teammate to my team.”

• Moderators

And I never said Scott can't rebound the ball because early in his career he did rebound well for us and made an effort to play inside. Simply stated that he doesn't rebound the ball. Muscala goes after very loose ball within 15 feet of him. I will give Scott the benefit of the doubt and say that Bud has said that he would rather us stop the fast break than fight for O-Rebs. But Scott has faded further and further away from the hoop...

After Dellevadova grabbed a rebound over Antić he died to me...diablo.gif

In all seriousness, I don't get the defend pero or hate pero at all costs mentality- dude is a hawk so I'll cheer him on, but he is a mediocre player at best.   I do wish Scott would get some playing time at the four and let Antić and Moose compete for the backup minutes at the five.  It is what it is at this point, no use getting our knickers ruffled over it

• Moderators

Pero is producing NOTHING for himself or others. Just stop........

SMH. Pero does loads for this team and nobody is defending Mozgov at the 3pt line. Pero can hit the three which pulls the center out to defend him... Then that opens up the lane for our PG's to attack the hoop...

Also, Millsap and Teague are shooting the 3pt at 33% this playoffs... Pero is shooting 36%.

• Like 1

Well there it is

Bud says they've lost a lot of confidence in Scott. Oh well. Let's see what adjustments are made in Game 2

What???? I'm assuming this is a typo.

“Mike is somebody who we have a lot of confidence in, a lot of belief in,” Budenholzer said. 

• Moderators

Bud just said he doesn't think Mike can defend at SF.   So if he isn't hitting 3s then i guess he sees more upside to moose at the 4 than scott.    But I'd rather see Scott out there taking hacks at Lebron and getting open 3s than watch dennis and teague get switched to him.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

LMAO......... spacing the floor. ANYBODY that can put on tennis shoes can stand out there and SPACE THE FLOOR.......AND DEFENSE.........LMAO.......We deploy Antić, other teams deploy Thristan Thompson, heck, even NENE and Gortat........I would even take zero baskeball i.q. Josh Smith over Antić.......Korver of all people is a better paint defender than Antić and thats a FACT.....

This is the thing, and WHY i keep harping on Antić. Antić GETS playing time and gives the Hawks NOTHING. NO rebounding, shooting, block shots, NOTHING. All he does is come in, stand around the 3 point line and either fake pumps a 3 and try and get fouled, or hoists a brick. In the paint, rebounds come RIGHT AT HIM, and he cant jump more than two inches off the ground and fails to grab the rebound. AT least Scott gives us 3 point shooter AND gets out on the break, etc. With Antić, you would be benching NOTHING, to gain SOMETHING. Thats why you have to question bud's rotations......

During the regular season, Antić gave them 4.8 points, 2.9 rebounds, .02 assists per game ( there goes the spacing the floor excuse) and less than 1 block a game at .23

On another note, yes, Schröder is the best bench player. My bad......

Did you seriously just compare Antić to TT, Nene, and Gortat?

TT makes 4 million

Nene makes 13 million

Gortat makes 8 million

Pero makes 1.25 million

Edited by SalvorMallow

Bud just said he doesn't think Mike can defend at SF.   So if he isn't hitting 3s then i guess he sees more upside to moose at the 4 than scott.    But I'd rather see Scott out there taking hacks at Lebron and getting open 3s than watch dennis and teague get switched to him.  

There is a reason that top assistants in football and basketball sometimes are better suited as assistants. I dont like bud's rotations at all.  Mike Woodson used to have those tight rotations also....