• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott is 100% Healthy

Bonkers

Did you seriously just compare Antić to TT, Nene, and Gortat?

TT makes 4 million

Nene makes 13 million

Gortat makes 8 million

Pero makes 1.25 million

The POINT is other teams have TALENT in the paint. Thats what the comparison was. They have TALENT, the Hawks have a scrub called Pero Antić. The Hawks dont have to deploy Antić, but they do. Look at Cleveland. They have Thompson coming off the bench, we have Antić. See the comparison??? Talent vs a Scrub coming into the game.........

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

The POINT is other teams have TALENT in the paint. Thats what the comparison was. They have TALENT, the Hawks have a scrub called Pero Antić. Read the whole thing.

Oh man, and GS has Andre Iguodala and we have lowly KENT BAZEMORE.  I'd much rather have Iguodala, but Bazemore makes 2 million while Iguodala makes 13.5 million.  You have to compare apples to apples.  Pero is one of the best value centers in the NBA, and it isn't that close.

According to Real GM Mike Scott is the 8th best rebounding percentage in the playoffs @ 17.2

Pero Antić's is ranked 30th @ 11.1

Mike Scott is a net positive rating of 1.9 (Ortg-Drtg) Whereas Pero Antić is a negative 4.9 net rating

Is this stat real?

Oh man, and GS has Andre Iguodala and we have lowly KENT BAZEMORE.  I'd much rather have Iguodala, but Bazemore makes 2 million while Iguodala makes 13.5 million.  You have to compare apples to apples.  Pero is one of the best value centers in the NBA, and it isn't that close.

The Hawks shipped Payne out of here. They wasnt paying him anything. There is nothing you can say to make me see any value in Pero Antić. There are TONS of dude in the nba making nothing that could take his place and PRODUCE. The dude is a scrub.

• Premium Member

Is this stat real?

Scott played most of his minutes in garbage time in the playoffs, so naturally his playoff stats will be bloated.

The Hawks shipped Payne out of here. They wasnt paying him anything. There is nothing you can say to make me see any value in Pero Antić. There are TONS of dude in the nba making nothing that could take his place and PRODUCE. The dude is a scrub.

Is Payne better than Pero?  He might be in the future, but Payne wouldn't see a single minute of floor time in this series.

• Moderators

There is a reason that top assistants in football and basketball sometimes are better suited as assistants. I dont like bud's rotations at all.  Mike Woodson used to have those tight rotations also....

Everyone tightens their rotation in the playoffs.   The Cavs only used 8 guys despite Kyrie and bron being gimpy.   Jones and Deladedova were a combined 0-9.   

What???? I'm assuming this is a typo.

“Mike is somebody who we have a lot of confidence in, a lot of belief in,” Budenholzer said. 

Lmao I read that wrong lol

I thought that said lost* not lot. My bad

Edited by Bonkers

THIS is how you spread the floor as a big. THIS is how you score from outside CONSISTENTLY. THIS is how you block shots and rebound........and, they wasnt paying dude anything cuz he was a rookie.........The Hawks shipped Payne out in my opinion to not cause CONTROVERY with keeping Antić in the rotation.....

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Adrein Payne put up a 2.9 PER in his time with the Hawks and a 7.8 PER in his time with the T-Wolves.  That is a freaking disaster, especially since he isn't doing the things that don't show up in the box score like screens, holding position on big men, etc.  

While in Minnesota Payne let opposing centers score on him at a .695% efg% clip and put up a 24.4 PER against him.  Antić held them to .525% efg% and a 14.9 PER.  .695% efg% would be the best number on the of anyone in the playoffs today (Korver is #1 at .671%, Horford was .544%, Lebron was .535%).   

His 11.1% 3pt% makes Antić look like a #$*&ing sharp shooter.

If you want to make Antić look good, keep comparing him to Payne.  Come on now.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Adrein Payne put up a 2.9 PER in his time with the Hawks and a 7.8 PER in his time with the T-Wolves.  That is a freaking disaster, especially since he isn't doing the things that don't show up in the box score like screens, holding position on big men, etc.  

While in Minnesota Payne let opposing centers score on him at a .695% efg% clip and put up a 24.4 PER against him.  Antić held them to .525% efg% and a 14.9 PER.  .695% efg% would be the best number on the Hawks' team (Korver is #1 at .671%, Horford was .544%).   

His 11.1% 3pt% makes Antić look like a #$*&ing sharp shooter.

If you want to make Antić look good, keep comparing him to Payne.  Come on now.

Im not a rocket scientist or mathematician, but all that mumbo jumbo lead to .23 block shots per game, 4.8 points and you need a calculator to calculate the 0.0 whatever assists that Pero had during the regular season. I care NOTHING about the nuances when they are not producing anything........... 

The 16 points, 15 rebounds and some blocked shots Payne put up in that clipper game are numbers i can work with.

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

Im not a rocket scientist or mathematician, but all that mumbo jumbo lead to .23 block shots per game, 4.8 points and you need a calculator to calculate the 0.0 whatever assists that Pero had during the regular season. I care NOTHING about the nuances when they are not producing anything........... 

The 16 points, 15 rebounds and some blocked shots Payne put up in that clipper game are numbers i can work with.

Come on, don't be that guy,  This reminds me of the old threads about Jordan Crawford.

Some forgot why Bud shortened the rotation to begin with. They were HORRIBLE to start the playoffs. We clamored for the starters to play more minutes together now I see questions about Jenkins and playing time. So much PANIC.

I care NOTHING about the nuances when they are not producing anything...........

Aaaahhhh......That tells me all I need to know. Unless it's in the boxscore you have no clue.