Mike Scott is 100% Healthy

Bonkers

Man, Scott IS the best bench player. There is NOTHING about Scott's game that makes it ok to continue to play Pero Antić. NOTHING. Its three players on that Hawk bench that want out of there, and would bounce if they could, Scott, Mack and Brand.........Oh, and Brand, being a free agent, basically said he is out. Even at his age, he got more game than Antić........Scott has said or done something to get on Bud's bad side. When Brand came into the game last night, that confirmed it for me.

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Except for the fact that Pero is our backup center and Mike Scott is a forward tweener? Mike Scott gives us nothing but three point shooting. He is subpar defensively, doesn't rebound the basketball, and he isn't used to set screens either... All of which Muscala and Pero gives us... from the center position. Pero does a lot more than you give him credit for. He stretches the floor, defends well, and does all the little things well too. The only issue I have with Pero is he has a 1 inch vertical and he is a little soft underneath the hoop. I'd much rather have Muscala fighting for rebs and Pero out there spacing the floor and defending Mozgov than to have Scott's defensive liability out there. Just get out of here with your Pero hate because it's baseless.

And Schröder is the best bench player for the Hawks, so just stop it.

Muscala has shown to be a pretty good rebounder and has hit a few big shots but he's not been good defensively at all.   So I'd say at best it's a wash on the defensive end and Scott has the ability to space the floor and open things up for other guys more than Muscala.  Put Moose in at the 5 and let Scott log some time at the 3 and 4.   He can at least put some fouls on Lebron.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Mike Scott gives us nothing but three point shooting. He is subpar defensively, doesn't rebound the basketball,

According to Real GM  Mike Scott is the 8th best rebounding percentage in the playoffs @ 17.2

Pero Antić's is ranked 30th @ 11.1

Mike Scott is a net positive rating of 1.9 (Ortg-Drtg)  Whereas Pero Antić is a negative 4.9 net rating

Edited by Peoriabird

Man, Scott IS the best bench player. There is NOTHING about Scott's game that makes it ok to continue to play Pero Antić. NOTHING. Its three players on that Hawk bench that want out of there, and would bounce if they could, Scott, Mack and Brand.........Oh, and Brand, being a free agent, basically said he is out. Even at his age, he got more game than Antić........Scott has said or done something to get on Bud's bad side. When Brand came into the game last night, that confirmed it for me.

So bad.. mike is not even close to our best bench player

Hawks have some young guns that are probably better than most players

in the draft unless you are high in the lottery, yet they see little playing time.

Mike Muscala, age 23 finally is getting some time.

John Jenkins, age 24 never, ever sees the floor.

Shelvin Mack, age 25 seldom if ever sees the floor.

Mike Scott, age 26 who gets ignored now.

Moose now plays but not a lot.  The others?  Do they not fit Bud's idea of what he wants?

Are they not as good as some of us think?  Perhaps they are just too dumb to get the job

done the way it should be?

I can see Moose staying around next season but the others?  Along with that older kid, Brand,

bid them farewell,  I expect that this is their final year as a Hawk.

That old axiom applies here:  "Use it or lose it!"  Since these young men are not being used,

we bid them a fond adieu!   to_pick_ones_nose.gif

scenic.gif   to_keep_order.gif

According to Real GM Mike Scott is the 8th best rebounding percentage in the playoffs @ 17.2

Mike Scott is a net positive rating of 1.9 (Ortg-Drtg) Whereas Pero Antić is a negative 4.9 net rating

Wtf exactly does Scott have to do with Pero? Are you gonna put Scott at the five to sit Pero? Scott has been a disaster all year , yet all the yahoo's act like he can be some sort of savior. I swear some of you only pay attention to one aspect of the game and that is the ball going into the hoop.

Also I will add this. I am getting a kick out of all the damn drama queens on the board trying to call out Bud. You know what you guys are right. The first couch to win us 63 games and lead us to the east finals sux! Some of you guys have very short term memory issues and I resent the bad mouthing of a great coach. You guys have all the damn answers! Its a damn shame you are not leading this squad. Smh

• Premium Member

Wtf exactly does Scott have to do with Pero? Are you gonna put Scott at the five to sit Pero? Scott has been a disaster all year , yet all the yahoo's act like he can be some sort of savior. I swear some of you only pay attention to one aspect of the game and that is the ball going into the hoop.

Also I will add this. I am getting a kick out of all the damn drama queens on the board trying to call out Bud. You know what you guys are right. The first couch to win us 63 games and lead us to the east finals sux! Some of you guys have very short term memory issues and I resent the bad mouthing of a great coach. You guys have all the damn answers! Its a damn shame you are not leading this squad. Smh

Just clarifying a misconception...Someone said that Scott was a poor rebounder but in reality he isn't

• Like 1

• Moderators

According to Real GM  Mike Scott is the 8th best rebounding percentage in the playoffs @ 17.2

Mike Scott is a net positive rating of 1.9 (Ortg-Drtg)  Whereas Pero Antić is a negative 4.9 net rating

Come on.  Scott hasn't even logged 100 minutes over our 13 games.  This is a textbook example of small sample size.  Neither guy is a good rebounder.  Scott grabbed 10.1% of rebounds on the season while Antić grabbed 10.4%.

• Like 2

I'm in the middle of the two arguments in this thread. I think Mike could provide some instant offense and if he's on he has the ability to put up 20 points in a hurry. He isn't a great defender and is a tweeter 3/4. I think he could give us an athletic body and we could put him on Lebron and at least use some of his fouls. I would like to see all of our bench get used a little more to keep our starters fresh. They've all logged a lot of minutes in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That said, I would like to see Scott on the floor for a few minutes to see if he is hot given how much trouble we are having scoring this series.  Sap had a ton of open 3's yesterday and bricked them all.  Their bigs are not so good that I worry about Scott guarding them, but I'd like to see them guard him on the other end.  I would worry about them grabbing offensive rebounds over him, though.

• Like 1

Just clarifying a misconception...Someone said that Scott was a poor rebounder but in reality he isn't

No you just seem to have this deep hatred for Pero. Whatever dude , whatever makes you smile. Give me Pero and his game over scott all day. Scott is a true one trick pony and he has sucked at it all damn year

• Like 1