A New Experience for The Hawks Organization-Bright Future

Wurider05

When you are this good and have the 15th pick in the draft do you go BPA (other than pg) or what?  If so who?

Are we in a position to bring a player on slowly or do we trade the pick for a vet?

Are we more than likely bringing tavares over next year?

What are the chances we keep both Millsap and Carroll?

If we win the championship this season will free agents come then?

Man it feels great having a good season and an even brighter future!! If we play our cards right we can be very good for a long time.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I pick the best player for the future, Spurs style.  Priority by position is swingman then big.

Bring Tavares over and start his training.

Good chance to keep Carroll and Sap but market could push both into uncomfortable price ranges.  That remains to be seen.

I would guess that we are more attractive to certain free agents already.  The real question is whether a Marc Gasol type of free agent will come.  That I can't do more than speculate.

• Like 2

When you are this good and have the 15th pick in the draft do you go BPA (other than pg) or what?  If so who?

Are we in a position to bring a player on slowly or do we trade the pick for a vet?

Are we more than likely bringing tavares over next year?

What are the chances we keep both Millsap and Carroll?

If we win the championship this season will free agents come then?

Man it feels great having a good season and an even brighter future!! If we play our cards right we can be very good for a long time.

I'd draft a tall SG that can shoot the 3 and play D, Korver and Thabo aren't getting any younger and would be great mentors to the guard. 

I'd say they're in the position to bring the player along slowly, no team can say they got 4 All-Stars and one of the best SFs in the league. 

I'd be shocked if Tavares isn't on the Hawks roster next season. I think he'll replace Brand who will probably retire after this season. 

I think it's a good chance to keep both. If they leave, the new team wouldn't be good as ATL if they stayed. GS is set at SF and PF.

I think so. Everybody loves winners and the fact Bud coached the East in the All-Star and the Hawks had 4 All-Stars, I'm sure recruiting wouldn't be an issue like it's been a past. 

People shouldn't forget about Danny Green from the Spurs. Speculation is the Spurs are going hard after some big name free agents like LaMarcus and Gasol. Which leads to further speculation that Danny Green might be the player being squeezed out to make room for that amount of salary cap space. He's a free ageng how obviously most people were thinking would return there. But maybe not if things happen that way.

I'd love to add Green as the starting 2 guard and move Korver to an extremely valuable bench role. At his age it would only prolong his career to cut down on his minutes some and be a great boost to our bench. And Green is a very good defensive 2 guard who can still knock down 3 pointers who obviously excels in the system.

Of course this only happens if we have any money left over after signing Milsap and Carroll - and we might not have any...

• Like 2

Im reallly hoping Hawks will look for a big man, so they don't always get outrebounded by other teams. They should try to sign Marc Gasol. Aldrige i think he might go to the spurs or stay with portland. If they can't sign Gasol, just look for an average skilled big man with size and athleticism.

Gasol will likely stay in Memphis. 

He'd be a perfect match, but only a very little chance to get him...

Bring Tavares over.

Resign YJD and Millsap if Marc won't come here, otherwise let Millsap go OR better: A) SnT Sap or B) trade Horf for a capable shooting guard who can defend (SnT with Buttler?)

This won't happen but imagine that lineup

Starters:

PG - Jeff Teague

SG - Jimmy Butler

SF - DMC

PF - Horf or Sap

C - Marc Gasol

Bench:

Dennis Schröder

Kyle Korver

Edy Tavares

Moose

Bazemore

Thabo

Mike Scott

Shelvin Mack

Draft Pick (maybe sweetener for Buttler trade) 

Antić (in Brand role)

Since I'm a fanboy and Dennis will improve his jumpshot over the summer + will get some more leadership experience at the EURO2015 for Germany on home floor in Berlin, I can imagen to switch Dennis and Teague during the season...

Edited by rd79

• Moderators

what about Roy Hibbert? He appears to be on the outs in Indiana. Maybe Bud can motivate him.

His lack of mobility and total absence of a jumper seem like big problems in a Bud system, but I guess guys like Rasho Nesterovic have succeeded in SA with no range so I suppose Bud could probably make effective use of him as a rim protector.  I guess part of my bias is that I just don't think the guy has the fire to win.