• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How the Warriors were built Hawks Can Learn

thescout5

B.Lopez doesn't bring a lot on defense and he doesn't rebound well but when he is on offensively -he is awesome. I would like Robin Lopez though, cheap, gritty, plays-hard, etc..and he would leave enough for some decent wing players, matthews, danny green, resign jyd etc.. but yea if we got gasol I think I might have a mild heart attack- he would fit so great into our scheme- great handling and passing, plays great d, decent rebounder, 7 FEET TALL, great post-up game, horford could go to the 4

Odd though, if we signed gasol, millsap might be a better fit at 4 than horford

Just like last offseason when I wanted Jordan Hill I would like to get Robin Lopez. A big who you don't run plays for but can crash the boards and be active.

• Moderators

As I have said before, if all you are doing is drawing back that E V E R Y G O O D P L A Y E R W A S D R A F T E D then this is 100% pointless. You've essentially drawn a tautology. For players to enter the NBA, they need to submit to the draft. Teams aren't stupid. So good players are drafted. And typically, good players are drafted earlier than bad players. It doesn't follow that the only way to acquire good players is through a draft, and yet you do that. Well, except for the obvious references that Kobe and Dirk were not drafted but traded. Oh my, we're down this rabbit hole again of you skirting the issue of how you determine how players are acquired. It's obvious how this conversation is going again and then you'll lean back ssssooooooooooooo far to make a connection to all of those players as a tank, even though they weren't, but it makes it convenient for the argument you're putting forth.And this is why this is a pointless conversation. The umpteenth time I have brought up the issues and AHF goes all Chris Gardocki on the issues.

And once again you choose the strawman. The point is all these finals MVP talents stayed with the teams who drafted them way into their ufa years. You act like that is meaningless. It isn't. We had no chance of ever signing any of those players but we would have had a good chance to keep them if we drafted them.

• Like 2

Brook Lopez was a rebounding machine in the 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs. 

I was really impressed with Lopez in that series; mostly for his defense.  If the Hawks somehow land him this off season I'll be over the moon.  Not sure how likely this really is, but we can all dream.

And once again you choose the strawman. The point is all these finals MVP talents stayed with the teams who drafted them way into their ufa years. You act like that is meaningless. It isn't. We had no chance of ever signing any of those players but we would have had a good chance to keep them if we drafted them.

Thanks Gardocki.