What We Should Look Like Next Season

jmac54

Teague, Schröder, Mack

Danny Green, KK, bazemore

DMC, Sam Dekker, thabo

Horf, Millsap, Muscula

Monroe, Tavares, Pero

Not sure how Millsap /Horf will fit if we have a true center

Green I think would be a great fit , shooter/ defender just like KK ..we would have super depth

Will this be enough length to increase our rebounding ?

I could imagine the Hawks with this team next year. I like Dekker seems to be one of those players that does alot of blue collar work and his outside shot from recent workouts should be ok. Can't depend on a rookie but at least the Hawks could bring him along slowly. Adding Green I think would be a good move. Can hit big shots and doesn't have to play the majority of minutes since Korver can help. Monroe would give us a different look. Not sure how Sap would feel getting less minutes. Horford will have to play alot more power forward can he do well in that positon? 

I think it was a glaring statement not playing Antić the last game or reduced minutes in last 2 games. How much will Tavaras really help? Can he play solid backup minutes? Would the Hawks play Horoford at power forward all the time or split minutes. Hawks need t have a solid backup at center when the 1st team is resting. Antić can't get boards as we saw can Tavaras?

Hawks are in a very, very good - - - very, very bad position.

The good:  We made it to the east coast finals, have the coach of the year and many

free agents who are not super stars will look favorably to coming here to play.

The bad:  We made it to the east coast finals, have the coach of the year and many

of the players on this team right now who will become free agents will expect

huge $$$ contracts because of how good we have done and because they were,

in part, responsible for our success and if we don't come up with the $$$ then

someone else will.

Teague, Schröder, Mack

Danny Green, KK, bazemore

DMC, Sam Dekker, thabo

Horf, Millsap, Muscula

Monroe, Tavares, Pero

Not sure how Millsap /Horf will fit if we have a true center

Green I think would be a great fit , shooter/ defender just like KK ..we would have super depth

Will this be enough length to increase our rebounding ?

While that would be a stuff lineup.. It is not going to happen for so many reasons

Horf could play sixth man. wonder if he would do it? But this group would increase our RPM by 7.66 ! And that is not including contributions from Dekker and Tavares. Cap Space is an issue. It seems like we would just have enough to sign Millsap and DMC and no where enough to sign Monroe plus Green .

I could imagine the Hawks with this team next year. I like Dekker seems to be one of those players that does alot of blue collar work and his outside shot from recent workouts should be ok. Can't depend on a rookie but at least the Hawks could bring him along slowly. Adding Green I think would be a good move. Can hit big shots and doesn't have to play the majority of minutes since Korver can help. Monroe would give us a different look. Not sure how Sap would feel getting less minutes. Horford will have to play alot more power forward can he do well in that positon?

I think it was a glaring statement not playing Antić the last game or reduced minutes in last 2 games. How much will Tavaras really help? Can he play solid backup minutes? Would the Hawks play Horoford at power forward all the time or split minutes. Hawks need t have a solid backup at center when the 1st team is resting. Antić can't get boards as we saw can Tavaras?

Boards will not be an issue with Tavaras. Just have no idea when it comes to all other aspects of the game is the concern

I know its not happening but the idea of Korver , Thabo , and Sap on the second squad is pretty insane. Damn NBA and cap limits lmao

Edited by IheartFerry

Horf could play sixth man. wonder if he would do it? But this group would increase our RPM by 7.66 ! And that is not including contributions from Dekker and Tavares. Cap Space is an issue. It seems like we would just have enough to sign Millsap and DMC and no where enough to sign Monroe plus Green .

A team can go over the cap just sign the players you want from other teams and then sign your own later.The Cavs are at 82 million way over the cap now.

A team can go over the cap just sign the players you want from other teams and then sign your own later.The Cavs are at 82 million way over the cap now.

It is not that simple. Your own players have cap holds. As far as I know Millsap and Carroll have a total of ~16 M of cap hold. Consider the 1st rd draft pick too and we will probably have somewhere between 7-10 M of cap space. It is not even enough for one elite FA not to mention two FAs.

Hawksfanatic will probably write something soon but until then here is a long but good read:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/can-the-atlanta-hawks-keep-their-team-together-this-offseason/ 

I don't think you can do that but @hawksfanatic can say for sure.

The back loading is limited to be 4.5% raises, 7.5% if you have Bird or Early Bird rights.

It's possible to do a funky back loading with Pero because he's an Arenas free agent, but let's get real it's not happening.

• Moderators

Perhaps.

You maxing him out?

If you have to ask that question you can't compare him to Jordan Crawford, David Anderson, etc.

The question of whether he'll be overpaid is a much tougher one.  I'm not maxing him but you can make the same overpaid argument about a lot of quality players like Chandler Parsons, etc.

PG - Teague. Dennis. Mack

SG - Carroll. Korver. Whoever. Thabo

SF - Tobias Harris. Carroll. Thabo

PF - Millsap. Horford.

C - Monroe. Tavares. Whoever

We would get much improved wing scoring. Much improved rebounding. Tons of flexibility at SG and SF as we could use multiple guys at both spots. Bring Millsap/Korver off the bench. Move Horford to PF. Tobias Harris is going to be a stud. Go on YouTube and watch his film. He can shoot. Drive. And finish in the lane. Hes young and hungry. And also burned us in December with that buzzer beater. We would be right back in the ECF if we can put a lineup like that together. Could you imagine our depth and our bench. It would be insane.

There's no way Hawks could afford that roster. Tobias and Monroe are going to get 10+ mil annually.