What We Should Look Like Next Season

jmac54

PG - Teague. Dennis. Mack

SG - Carroll. Korver. Whoever. Thabo

SF - Tobias Harris. Carroll. Thabo

PF - Millsap. Horford.

C - Monroe. Tavares. Whoever

We would get much improved wing scoring. Much improved rebounding. Tons of flexibility at SG and SF as we could use multiple guys at both spots. Bring Millsap/Korver off the bench. Move Horford to PF. Tobias Harris is going to be a stud. Go on YouTube and watch his film. He can shoot. Drive. And finish in the lane. Hes young and hungry. And also burned us in December with that buzzer beater. We would be right back in the ECF if we can put a lineup like that together. Could you imagine our depth and our bench. It would be insane.

Are you maxing out Harris?  'Cause that's what he wants.  Wants to be paid like Parsons/Hayward but only shows up a few nights/year.  Harris is another guy that I don't get the hype over.

Everybody talks about how great he is and how great he's going to be but I don't see it.  He's 1st team All-Potential at best IMHO.

• Premium Member

Millsap, Horford?

I don't see either guy being cool with coming off the bench.

• Like 1

How is it not possible. Carroll can start at 2. Hes guarded 2s this season. Aka Demar Derozan. Even if we part with Millsap I wouldn't be mad as long as it means bringing a real Center to the Hawks. Carroll can definitely play 2 and Harris the 3. Harris isn't a 2 man. That's for sure. But Carroll could be.

Then we part ways with Millsap. So what the guy is gonna be 31 and not worth the money. I'd rather throw that money at Harris then 're sign millsap sorry but that's the smart move there. 're signing millsap would be very very stupid at this point

Millsap, Horford?

I don't see either guy being cool with coming off the bench.

I would love nothing more than Bud to be able to convince Sap to take a bench role in the same mold as Manu Ginobli. I know it won't happen though. Too many teams will be offering big money.

I think the Knicks end up overpaying Monroe and Harris ... after missing on Gasol and Butler.  Now, if we can convince Butler that he'll never step from behind fRose's shadow in CHI, why not us?  Ah well, I can dream.

There's a better chance of me putting on a Cavs jersey and watching the Finals than Millsap taking on a 6th man role, especially given his credentials. He's a 2-time All-Star who just helped a team make the ECFs for the first time in nearly half a century. His next paygrade will be well beyond the bench role...

Mmmmm....I wonder if Sap or DMC will want sign 2 year deals with player options to take advantage of new CBA and TV money in 2016-17 or get their money now.

• Premium Member

As for big offers by bottom feeders to Sap and DMC another consideration is extra money from playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if both guys come back, add a system fit from 1st round 15th bring over Tavares and maybe add a solid non bigname FA big and guard off bench. Hmm who would those be? Anyone got complete FA list yet?

Mmmmm....I wonder if Sap or DMC will want sign 2 year deals with player options to take advantage of new CBA and TV money in 2016-17 or get their money now.

Doubt it. They are closer to their last big contract stage right now.