• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What We Should Look Like Next Season

jmac54

Sap and Horford won't get significant raises. The only player I see getting a significant raise is Demarre Carroll. Hawks will resign him for 4 years at $7m per. Saps shooting shoulder will need surgery so no team will pay him generously at his age and current health. Horford hasn't done much performance wise to separate himself from the rest of his peers at his position. His performance isn't much of a game changer on a nightly basis. He's a good veteran third option. I still see a couple young players who outplay Al at a cheaper price. John Jenkins will be back because Kyle Korvers getting older. I think coach Bud tells him to work on his defense and handles during the off-season. The kid can shoot and shooter are hard to come by in the NBA.

Demarre Carroll 4yr $28m

Paul Millsap 3yr + 1yr p/o $44m

Al Horford 4yr $56m

John Jenkins 2yr $3.6m

Hand down.. Man down..

Edited by willthepureshooter

I think the Knicks end up overpaying Monroe and Harris ... after missing on Gasol and Butler. Now, if we can convince Butler that he'll never step from behind fRose's shadow in CHI, why not us? Ah well, I can dream.

Monroe is getting the Max from somebody and it may be the Knicks or us. The going Market for Monroe is the max so they wouldn't really be overpaying.

Monroe is getting the Max from somebody and it may be the Knicks or us. The going Market for Monroe is the max so they wouldn't really be overpaying.

Monroe for the max is indeed market.  However, once they realize what they just max-paid for they'll realize what a massive overpay max is for Monroe.

Oh great, what a wonderful time of the year. Posters coming up with offseason recipes with no clue what's going on. Fun.

Makes it all worthwhile.

• Premium Member

This offseason has to be about finding a mental and physical challange to LeBron James. Forget the Cavs.  They are only here to enjoy the ride.

Sap and Horford won't get significant raises. The only player I see getting a significant raise is Demarre Carroll. Hawks will resign him for 4 years at $7m per. Saps shooting shoulder will need surgery so no team will pay him generously at his age and current health. Horford hasn't done much performance wise to separate himself from the rest of his peers at his position. His performance isn't much of a game changer on a nightly basis. He's a good veteran third option. I still see a couple young players who outplay Al at a cheaper price. John Jenkins will be back because Kyle Korvers getting older. I think coach Bud tells him to work on his defense and handles during the off-season. The kid can shoot and shooter are hard to come by in the NBA.

Demarre Carroll 4yr $28m

Paul Millsap 3yr + 1yr p/o $44m

Al Horford 4yr $56m

John Jenkins 2yr $3.6m

Hand down.. Man down..

ESPN says DMC will be commanding at least a 4yr/$50M contract this offseason. No way he'll sign with us for 4yr/$28M.

The Hawks desperately need toughness and a gamer - along the same lines of what Paul Pierce brought to the Wizards this season. I would love it if we found a way to bring Zaza back to Atlanta. 

ESPN says DMC will be commanding at least a 4yr/$50M contract this offseason. No way he'll sign with us for 4yr/$28M.

The Hawks desperately need toughness and a gamer - along the same lines of what Paul Pierce brought to the Wizards this season. I would love it if we found a way to bring Zaza back to Atlanta.

Demarres Carroll's a journeyman that finally found the perfect system for his game. Trevor Ariza fell into the same luck when he went to the Lakers. Going off of what Ariza got in his free agency year, Demarre will get $8m/yr at the most. ESPN has a long Summer so please don't fall for their filler. We're talking about a free agency with much younger small forwards like Jae Crowder (25), Tobias Harris (22), and Jimmy Butler (25). All of those guys can knocked down the three, defend the opponents best player, and create their own shots of the dribble. Shot creation will hurt Demarres payday.

Hand down.. Man down..

Demarres Carroll's a journeyman that finally found the perfect system for his game. Trevor Ariza fell into the same luck when he went to the Lakers. Going off of what Ariza got in his free agency year, Demarre will get $8m/yr at the most. ESPN has a long Summer so please don't fall for their filler. We're talking about a free agency with much younger small forwards like Jae Crowder (25), Tobias Harris (22), and Jimmy Butler (25). All of those guys can knocked down the three, defend the opponents best player, and create their own shots of the dribble. Shot creation will hurt Demarres payday.

Hand down.. Man down..

Tobias Harris playing defense.   Now that's something that I would like to see because I haven't seen it yet.

• Like 1

Tobias Harris playing defense. Now that's something that I would like to see because I haven't seen it yet.

He's had a tough year on the defensive end but I blame that on the Orlando Magic coaching staff. They never settled him into a permanent position. He had to play the small forward and power forward spot.

I believe our coaching staff can turn him into a defensive juggernaut. The kid has the size at 6'9 to be a defensive nuisance. Imagine him playing alongside Thabo. It would be terrorizing.

Hand down.. Man down..

Tobias Harris playing defense.   Now that's something that I would like to see because I haven't seen it yet.

Tobias Harris is the new Jordan Crawford aka David Anderson bka Mar$wagg Brooks-level mythical beast.  Did nothing in MIL and ORL but will be our savior, just because.

Is Mar$chwagg Brooks even in the league anymore?  Man do we fall in love with these low production/high potential dudes.  It's amazing.

Tobias Harris is the new Jordan Crawford aka David Anderson bka Mar$wagg Brooks-level mythical beast.  Did nothing in MIL and ORL but will be our savior, just because.

Is Mar$chwagg Brooks even in the league anymore?  Man do we fall in love with these low production/high potential dudes.  It's amazing.

Exactly.  He had a good 2 month run last year and then started acting like a diva this year.  He wants to get his before the team gets theirs and that's not a player that I am interested in.

• Moderators

That is a bad comparison.  The guy averaged like 17 and 6 this year and is a year younger than our rookie first rounder last year.  Crawford, Anderson, Brooks, etc. have been marginal NBA players.  Harris has been a productive starter.  Criticize his D if you want, but guys like Harris and Dennis have a lot of growth ahead of them and Harris is already pretty darn good.

• Like 2

That is a bad comparison.  The guy averaged like 17 and 6 this year and is a year younger than our rookie first rounder last year.  Crawford, Anderson, Brooks, etc. have been marginal NBA players.  Harris has been a productive starter.  Criticize his D if you want, but guys like Harris and Dennis have a lot of growth ahead of them and Harris is already pretty darn good.

Perhaps.

You maxing him out?

Teague, Schröder, Mack

Danny Green, KK, bazemore

DMC, Sam Dekker, thabo

Horf, Millsap, Muscula

Monroe, Tavares, Pero

Not sure how Millsap /Horf will fit if we have a true center

Green I think would be a great fit , shooter/ defender just like KK ..we would have super depth

Will this be enough length to increase our rebounding ?

Edited by asdogg