HawkItus

Chris Vivlamore
Court date set for Hawks coach Budenholzer
 11:58 a.m. Monday, June 8, 2015 | Filed in: Hawks
COMMENTS 1
HAWKS
Court date set for Hawks coach Budenholzer
Curtis Compton
Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer speaks before Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Cavaliers on Friday, May 22, 2015, in Atlanta. Curtis Compton / ccompton@ajc.com

A plea and arraignment hearing has been set for Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer.

The case will be heard on July 29 at 9 a.m. in Fulton County State Court. Budenholzer faces misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence alcohol less safe and defective or no taillights from an arrest Aug. 28, 2013 after being stopped by police at 10:30 p.m. at 10th Street and Crescent Avenue in Midtown.

The case was moved to Fulton County State Court at the request of the prosecutor’s office during the initial hearing in Atlanta Municipal Court in October 2013. The statute of limitations was due to expire in three months when the case was placed on the court docket last month.

Budenholzer faces up to a year in jail, as much as a $1,000 fine, a driver’s license suspension and community services for a first-time offense. He would also face a suspension from the NBA, likely two games as those received by current Bucks coach Jason Kidd and former player Devin Ebanks.

Up to a year in jail?  I hope the judge isn't pissed off about the way the ECF ended.  Or worse yet - lost a bunch of money on it.  I think he has already performed a great service for the community, so maybe just a fine.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

Hope the judge isn't originally from New York.  After we lost a player with a broken leg,

thanks to the NYPD, all we need is a year in jail for Bud..

I do believe in punishment for any one caught DUI.  They not only endanger themselves

but everyone else who happens to be on the road.

Let him spend 10 days in jail after the draft and before the season begins.

A year?  Ugh, I hope not.

• Like 1

• Moderators

A year in jail for a DUI?

That isn't a realistic outcome for a first time offender who didn't hurt anyone like Bud.  I do think DUI is a much more serious offense than some people treat it.  It is a mistake that too many people can't undo when they do hit someone else.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure this isn't Bud's first charge of a DUI.

Also, I am suspicious of the report. Hasn't anyone seen a Bud interview? He almost always has glazed eyes and slightly slurred speech.

Edited by hawksfanatic

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure this isn't Bud's first charge of a DUI.

Also, I am suspicious of the report. Hasn't anyone seen a Bud interview? He almost always has glazed eyes and slightly slurred speech.

What the heck?  These are pretty disparaging remarks to throw out there with nothing to back them up.  Unless that last part was supposed to be a joke.

What the heck?  These are pretty disparaging remarks to throw out there with nothing to back them up.  Unless that last part was supposed to be a joke.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/396870-coach-bud/

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/29/Michael_Budenholzer-Arrest-Page-1.pdf

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/29/Michael_Budenholzer-Arrest-Page-2.pdf

(couldn't ever figure out the online systems so I never followed through on the complete lookup)

Dang I just got myself out of jury duty (well, I delayed it).  I would've made sure to vote innocent.

Judging by Budz getting a boot at the recent Hawks event, sounds like the city isn't endearing itself to him.  Would be soooo Hawks if Budz left because of crap like that.

• Moderators

I remember that but never saw anything that really showed he had any prior duis.  if you go to that site and search on TX you get these messages

This site is no longer in service or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation.

*Names shown in the above search results only indicate that public records do exist in our database and do not necessarily reflect any DUI or criminal offense for a particular person.

I remember that but never saw anything that really showed he had any prior duis.  if you go to that site and search on TX you get these messages

I don't know if they were convicted DUIs, but there appeared to have been multiple charges (hence I said charged). There was one in LA area (hello Pomona College!) as well as multiple in and around San Antonio. There was also at least one Gregg Pop incident and I think Daniel Ferry had a one as well.

It was also mentioned in that thread that the charges could be expunged (or some legal term to that effect) fairly easily. It's been, what? Almost two years since the charge? Almost a year since that thread? They are probably gone.

What is frustrating is that I took a screenshot of the DUI searches that I linked to and attached it to the first post in the thread. It's not there anymore. @Dolfan23 you got some 'splainin to do! (or Al Gore, he could have hacked the internet)

Up to a year in jail?  I hope the judge isn't pissed off about the way the ECF ended.  Or worse yet - lost a bunch of money on it.  I think he has already performed a great service for the community, so maybe just a fine.

He has certainly provided enough community service.  Free Bud!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if they were convicted DUIs, but there appeared to have been multiple charges (hence I said charged). There was one in LA area (hello Pomona College!) as well as multiple in and around San Antonio. There was also at least one Gregg Pop incident and I think Daniel Ferry had a one as well.

It was also mentioned in that thread that the charges could be expunged (or some legal term to that effect) fairly easily. It's been, what? Almost two years since the charge? Almost a year since that thread? They are probably gone.

What is frustrating is that I took a screenshot of the DUI searches that I linked to and attached it to the first post in the thread. It's not there anymore. @Dolfan23 you got some 'splainin to do! (or Al Gore, he could have hacked the internet)

No 'splainin to do here unless you physically uploaded to Hawksquawk & attached them. My guess is you linked to them on whatever site they were on and the links are dead now. Send me a link to that thread and I'll check it out.