• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interest in 2015 Dynasty Draft?

AHF

My team sucked this year. Starters missed a ton of games as well as key reserves.

THE JAYBIRD LADY SQUAWKERS

General Manager: JayBirdHawk

Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer

Guards: Eric Bledsoe*, Kobe Bryant*, Ben McLemore, Shaun Livingston, C.J. McCollum, Shabazz Napier

Forwards: Kawhi Leonard*, Julius Randle*, Corey Brewer, Mirza Teletovic, Ivan Johnson

Centers: Joakim Noah*, Tiago Splitter

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Sadly, the JayBird Lady Squawkers won't be fielding a team this year. Work deadline the end of the month (yes, I know work shouldn't interfere with squawking, lol), then shoulder surgery - so I'll be on the disabled list for awhile.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Sadly, the JayBird Lady Squawkers won't be fielding a team this year. Work deadline the end of the month (yes, I know work shouldn't interfere with squawking, lol), then shoulder surgery - so I'll be on the disabled list for awhile.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!  My thought is we probably won't kick this off until the week of the 22nd.

• Moderators

Count me in again.

I want to see some sort of way to see how our teams do? Any ideas from people.

Personally, for my team from last season I will probably look at how my rotation would have worked out and then use the ws/48 to see how that plays out (i.e., at the center position if I have Duncan playing 28 mpg, Hibbert playing 18 mpg, and Henson playing 2 mpg then I will multiple 28*Duncan's WS/48 + 18*Hibbert's WS/48 + 2*Henson's WS/48 and see what total win share I was getting from the center position).  You could do the same sort of thing with any per minute metric.  What I think is a mistake is looking at total win shares or similar number that don't account for the fact that these "all-star lineups" we all have will involve most people playing fewer minutes than they do on their regular team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

3iIM5FLu.jpeg

Back to the Drawing Board for Dosages

By VIV CHRISLALESS, the ATown Journal-Constipation (@ImToldJosh)

April 30, 2015

Despite a lot of promise out of the gate for reigning MVP Kevin Durant and the Lethal Dosages, this 2014-15 Summer Dynasty League season proved to be a washout.

Injuries and discord derailed the Dosages from ever reaching their true potential. Josh McRoberts never could get his season going, Taj Gibson was aggravated by injury in mid-season, and Durant, Anderson Varejao, and finally Patrick Beverley failed to make it to the end of the season healthy.

The setbacks caused Dosages coach Dwane Casey to put overwhelming pressure on rookie Nerlens Noel and back-of-the-bench players Markieff Morris, Vince Carter, Matthew Dellavedova, and K.J. McDaniels to step into productive roles.

Gerald Green proved to be a colossal disappointment, swiftly losing his starting shooting guard spot to namesake Danny. The veteran Carter could not replicate his heady season from 2013-14 and eventually fell out of the rotation. Durant’s injury and the demises of Carter and Gerald Green left the Dosages with few reliable options at small forward.

While much was expected of Morris, entrusted with a contract extension at the outset of the season, he bickered openly with his coach along the sideline and otherwise seemed distracted by matters unrelated to basketball. A nadir was reached this month when Taj Gibson was tossed from a game, after kicking at Dellavedova while the two teammates fought for a loose ball.

Yet the most disconcerting development during the losing stretches was the strained relationship between the head coach and his All-Star point guard. Kyle Lowry’s productivity waned after the All-Star break once the Dosages lost their key components, most significantly Durant, and Casey had few avenues to take the pressure off of Lowry as opponents keyed in on him defensively. In the first year of a new contract, Lowry’s dogged defensive effort was notably absent on the floor, something that didn’t sit well with Casey.

“We all know this guy’s the engine of our team,” said a glum Lethal Weapon III, the Dosages’ general manager, of Lowry. “He ran out of gas.” When asked for an end-of-season endorsement of Casey, Lowry was cool about his head coach. “If he’s the coach, I’m a player,” uttered Lowry, with an air of insouciance at the end of the disappointing 31-51 season.

As far as a silver lining, Danny Green enjoyed a career-year at both ends of the floor. Unfortunately, it was also a contract year for Green, and Weapon will have to fend off suitors this summer for the unrestricted free agent, the only Dosage player who improved from the prior season. Noel also remained relatively upright and averaged nearly two steals and two blocks per contest, earning an All-Rookie 1st Team nod. But unless Noel becomes a better shooter and post player offensively, his career arc bends more toward that a high-quality role player than a future fullcourt superstar.

Multiple players recuperating in the offseason will help the Dosages make waves in 2015-16, and a return to winning ways may be sufficient to repair the Casey-Lowry relationship. Free agent priorities include a center to replace Varejao, who may retire, re-signing Beverley as a backup stopgap at point guard, and shooters to replace the Greens, particularly Danny. Yet the most pressing issue looking toward this summer involves the summer that follows.

Durant becomes a free agent at the close of 2015-16, when NBA markets will be infused with cash to significantly expand the salary cap. Even with expanded cap room, Weapon will have his work cut out to rebuild a title-contending roster with sufficient room to accommodate a maximum-salary contract worthy of his marquee player. Accomplishing this may involve trading away one or more Dosage malcontents with reasonable contracts.

2014-15 LETHAL DOSAGES

Coach Dwane Casey (31-51, down 17 games from his prior season)

Player (PER/EWA/WS)

Kevin Durant* (27.65/7.8/4.8)

Kyle Lowry (19.33/10.0/7.1)

Nerlens Noel (15.03/5.1/4.0)

Taj Gibson (16.10/3.9/4.8)

Gerald Green (15.47/3.6/1.9)

Danny Green (16.55/7.0/7.8)

Anderson Varejao* (17.74/2.3/1.9)

Markieff Morris (15.81/5.5/4.6)

Patrick Beverley (11.37/0.3/3.5)

Josh McRoberts* (10.22/-0.2/0.4)

Vince Carter (9.66/-0.5/1.0)

K.J. McDaniels (10.66/0.1/0.6)

Matthew Dellavedova (8.56/-1.3/1.9)

*missed more than half of the season due to injuries

aPER = 14.93

70% EWA = 30.5

sigmaWS = 44.3

~vchris

• Like 2

Best wishes on your surgery