• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DMC to Detroit

volman

• Premium Member

"Deveney claims an unnamed NBA executive has indicated that Carroll's next contract may start in the $15 million per year range, although Hoops Rumor's Chuck Myron believes the forward's price tag will likely be between $8-9 million. The Hawks hold his Early Bird Rights and can only put forward a $6 million/year contract before having to go over the cap to sign him."

IF his cap is 9 million, he's a resign for us.  Nonbird resign.

"Deveney claims an unnamed NBA executive has indicated that Carroll's next contract may start in the $15 million per year range, although Hoops Rumor's Chuck Myron believes the forward's price tag will likely be between $8-9 million. The Hawks hold his Early Bird Rights and can only put forward a $6 million/year contract before having to go over the cap to sign him."

IF his cap is 9 million, he's a resign for us. Nonbird resign.

Hahahahaha 15mill a year? Omg ...did his agent post this bs?

Got this info from a guy who is close to the team and travels to all games with them. I hope we keep him but I think DMC is gone.

• Premium Member

Got this info from a guy who is close to the team and travels to all games with them. I hope we keep him but I think DMC is gone.

I doubt it. If it comes down to a deal around 8-10 million, I think we resign him easily.   Even up to 11 Million.  FA signings is a two way street.   I don't know if DMC is that jazzed about leaving this situation just to make more money.   IF Detroit comes up with a 4 year 50 million dollar deal, he would still have to think about being in Detroit over being in Atlanta.  Sure, he wants to make the money, but at some point, wanting to play games that matter should take precedent.  Moreover, if we get Sap back and we offer DMC a good contract, I think that will hold more weight with him than a few dollars more in a cold losing city.

• Premium Member

I doubt it. If it comes down to a deal around 8-10 million, I think we resign him easily.   Even up to 11 Million.  FA signings is a two way street.   I don't know if DMC is that jazzed about leaving this situation just to make more money.   IF Detroit comes up with a 4 year 50 million dollar deal, he would still have to think about being in Detroit over being in Atlanta.  Sure, he wants to make the money, but at some point, wanting to play games that matter should take precedent.  Moreover, if we get Sap back and we offer DMC a good contract, I think that will hold more weight with him than a few dollars more in a cold losing city.

We are not resigning DMC to a deal over 5 mil per season sorry!  If detroit wants to pay him 8 mil or above, See you later DMC!

We are not resigning DMC to a deal over 5 mil per season sorry!  If detroit wants to pay him 8 mil or above, See you later DMC!

I don't think $8-10mil is out of the question especially in today's NBA.  Now if you get into $12+ mil .... nah, the offense isn't really there to justify it.

• Premium Member

I don't think $8-10mil is out of the question especially in today's NBA.  Now if you get into $12+ mil .... nah, the offense isn't really there to justify it.

There are a lot of available free agents that are just better value than DMC and quite frankly Paul Milsap

There are a lot of available free agents that are just better value than DMC and quite frankly Paul Milsap

I wonder though if there are any that we can get who both fit and are indeed more cost effective.  I think all the comparable wings will cost more than DMC would and the PF's that are at least as good as Millsap will also be more expensive.

I guess I'm agreeing that we shouldn't overpay either one but I question if there is actually better value out there.  Could we get Matthews for cheaper?  I think so but it'd be a massive risk.

• Premium Member

I wonder though if there are any that we can get who both fit and are indeed more cost effective.  I think all the comparable wings will cost more than DMC would and the PF's that are at least as good as Millsap will also be more expensive.

I guess I'm agreeing that we shouldn't overpay either one but I question if there is actually better value out there.  Could we get Matthews for cheaper?  I think so but it'd be a massive risk.

We should at the very least explore other options...DMC is a nice player but lets get real here...And do we want to go into the season with a Horford/Millsap front court for the next 3-4 years?  I know i don't!

• Like 2

We should at the very least explore other options...DMC is a nice player but lets get real here...And do we want to go into the season with a Horford/Millsap front court for the next 3-4 years?  I know i don't!

Yeah, I got no issue with us exploring options.  I definitely want us to upgrade.  Still though, I'd prefer what we have/had over some of the options out there.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I got no issue with us exploring options.  I definitely want us to upgrade.  Still though, I'd prefer what we have/had over some of the options out there.

Short term thinking.  If we lock these guys up then do we have a shot at this year's or next year's free agent prizes?  Gasol, LA, Durant etc!  This was a magical season for us which won't be duplicated again because teams have already adjusted.  It should be obvious to everyone evaluating our situation here that we need change.

Edited by Peoriabird

Short term thinking.  If we lock these guys up then do we have a shot at this year's or next year free agent prizes?  Gasol, LA, Durant etc!  This was a magical season for us which won't be duplicated again because teams have already adjusted.  It should be obvious to everyone evaluating our situation here that we need change.

Wha?  I think you misunderstood what I said, or I didn't explain it fully.  I think there are options out there that are attainable that would make us worse than if we just re-signed our own FAgents.

Of course Gasol, LMA, etc. would be upgrades.  I'm not saying I'd prefer the status quo over those dudes just for the sake of continuity.

I think there are some who'd prefer Hor/Sap over Gasol, LMA, etc. just for the sake of 'system' and such.  I'm not one of those dudes.

• Premium Member

I'm not saying I'd prefer the status quo over those dudes just for the sake of continuity.

I think there are some who'd prefer Hor/Sap over Gasol, LMA, etc. just for the sake of 'system' and such.  I'm not one of those dudes.

I know Bud does because he doesn't think that we lose because we get destroyed on the glass nigh in and night out.  He think that we can just be more efficient than the other team which will overcome our other deficiencies.  Well he found out the hard way in the playoffs that he was wrong.  We need to focus on acquiring players the help us to accomplish more predictable things like rebounding and rim protection rather than relying on someone's ability to make jump shots.  Therefore the Horford/Millsap experiment should be over particularly if it because as expensive as predicted. A costly expense that would limiting our flexibility in the future.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-demarre-carroll-could-get-four-year-50-million-contract/2015/06/15/

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-team-has-big-time-interest-in-demarre-carroll-this-free-agency/2015/05/21/

“There’s a long list of teams already prepared to pursue Carroll this summer, including the Cetlics, Lakers and Pistons. He boosted his scoring average from 12.6 points to 16.2 before the injury, and was shooting 51.3 percent from the field and 41.6 percent from the 3-point line. The Hawks want to keep Carroll, but his price has been driven up. With his defense and versatility, one league exec estimated his next deal at more than $15 million per year. The Lakers, a source said, have big-time interest in Carroll.”