I am still bitter.

volman

• Premium Member

Love Kyle to death but the entire playoffs showed we can't depend on him and scheme our movement around him as much. Teams knew exactly where he wanted to pass in the system if someone was attached, then the shot clock is in their favor so we end up with rushed, non-rhythm perimeter shots. Draining the clock was OUR schtick on defense in January. He needs a much shorter leash when he's bottled up, of course improvement at the wing better enables us to do so.

Kerr made the proper adjustments with Curry and Green's PNR as well as leaning on Barbosa and Livingston when Steph didn't have it or was being defended too tightly. You would like some post play mixed in with the sets like the Spurs in Tim's prime, but look at GS. Where the hell is their post presence?

They're our motivation all next year. We were neck and neck with them fools for 3 months until we eased off the gas and the injuries started raining down. GS eased off as well but circumvented the injuries rather amazingly. If they went from unmemorable second round exit to coaching change and O'Brien Trophy in 13 months, we should almost expect at least a Finals appearance with the inevitable improvement in a weak conference. Let's Go.

I agree. People will key on Korver.   One of the things I liked this playoffs was the emergence  of Baze and DMC on the offensive side of the ball.

We have it.   We need a few more tweeks and we will be playing GS in multiple finals.

Don't get me wrong, I think that there will be some teams that get much much better in the East... however, I think our formulation was NO Fluke.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree. People will key on Korver.   One of the things I liked this playoffs was the emergence  of Baze and DMC on the offensive side of the ball.

We have it.   We need a few more tweeks and we will be playing GS in multiple finals.

Don't get me wrong, I think that there will be some teams that get much much better in the East... however, I think our formulation was NO Fluke.

I agree but i thought you were one of the ones who thought Ferry did a poor job building this team and was the second coming of BK. Am i mis-remembering that or did this season change your mind?

• Premium Member

I agree but i thought you were one of the ones who thought Ferry did a poor job building this team and was the second coming of BK. Am i mis-remembering that or did this season change your mind?

Here's my feeling on Ferry.

He can't draft for shit.

However, he may have something with the analytics.

I definitely change my opinion on his pickups of DMC, Sap, and Thabo.

I'm still not happy with what he did with Bebe and the other pick we traded for nothing.

I still believe that he's very similar to BK because of his Aloofness around reporters, his lack of drafting ability, and his overarching goal being more important than anything else.

Here's where he's not like BK.  He picked the right coach.  This is still questionable because BK wanted to fire Woody before he was terminated.  I believe that BK recognized that Woody wasn't going to help the team, however, Woody had some good playoff appearances that he could stand on by then.

Here's the one thing I hate about our team.

The lack of traditional C/PF combo.  I'm a traditionalist who believes that when you have the right skillsets, you win.   Horf is not a 4.  He's not a rim protecting 5 either.   But he does enough of what the 5 is supposed to do and he gives you an advantage on offense.  I watched the transformation of Paul Millsap and I liked it.  The only other 4s that I would want instead are:

LaMarcus Aldridge because he's a better Millsap than Millsap.

Anthony Davis because... Come on.

Derrick Favors because he's from Atlanta and I like his low post game.

Yep that's it.   I watched Draymond Green win a ring.  His play is exemplary and suggest to me that you don't have to have the traditional PF to win.  A stretch PF can win.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't think it was so much Cleveland getting into the Hawks head as it was that our injuries just didn't let us put up a good response.  Go back to game 3.  Close game, we should have won.   When you have to put Antić and a Hobbled DMC on the floor and no Korver,  it's difficult to see the win from our team.  When Paul plays injured and he can get his shooting form, it's difficult for us to win.  People talk about we need a star?  They learned nothing from this past season. We were dominant without one.

No I believe Cleveland definitely got into the Hawks head. I had taped and watched the games again. No doubt in my mind.

• Like 1