• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am still bitter.

volman

I cannot fathom how on fire the Cavs were from beyond the arc in our series, and outside of LeBron, they have played like the chumps that they are.

Part of it was our piss-poor defense, but in Game 1 we had people all over Smith and he was unconscious.  Shumpert, James Jones, "Delly" (yuck), all knockin' em down from deep in our series... and can't throw it in the ocean vs. Golden State.

It is really frustrating to watch!!!  

• Like 4

I feel your pain. I honestly believe if we were healthy in the playoffs we would have won the title this year.

I do too, Soth.  I am having some many arguments with Tennessee fans on their forum about this, and they were praising the Cavs' bench during our series, but mocking them as scrubs during the GS series.  They went on to discredit Atlanta as "not a good team anyway" and that LeBron was toying with us... 

Sigh. 

• Like 1

I'm still bitter - I haven't watched one second of the finals. Can't wait for it to be over.

Same here. I might have watched three minutes of it; combined and by mistake. I haven't asked who is winning or who won. I simply don't care at all...

Got into another argument with someone on a Tennessee Football forum.  This is what the joker said:

"Delevadova shot 30%, Shumpert shot 35%, and James Jones shot 33% in the Atlanta series. You and I have different definitions of players playing "out of their minds" and "shooting lights out." LeBron is playing the same way in the Golden State series but they are still losing...because Golden State is an infinitely better team than Atlanta."

And I replied with:

"So when JR Smith shoots 8-12 from 3, and wins game 1 for the Cavs, how does that not constitute playing out of his mind? He has not shot remotely close to that percentage in ANY game in the GS series. Quite clever for you to leave Smith out of it.

Shumpert, while I will give you the 35% shooting from 3 in the Atlanta series, was deadly from 3 in Games 2 and 3 (the deciding games). He averages 8 PPG and went off for 16 and 15 points respectively. He was 4-6 from 3 in Game 2 and 4-8 in Game 3. That would mean playing over his ability in these crucial games.

"Delly" only shot 2.5 3's per game in the regular season, but goes 4-9 from 3 in Game 3. Again, another over-achieving player giving you points that you do not see. Also, he took out Korver and got Horford ejected with his dirty play.

The conversation is not about if Atlanta is better than Golden State or not. I think that with both teams healthy (GS is pretty much full strength, while the Cavs and Hawks are/were not) I think it would be a great series. The season was 1-1 and I think that it would probably go 7 if the Hawks were at full strength. Again, LeBron is playing how he played against Atlanta in this series, but the difference is that THE ROLE PLAYERS ARE NOT SHOOTING OUT OF THEIR MINDS LIKE THE ATLANTA SERIES.

It is literally almost as if you did not watch the Atlanta series and went straight off of box scores."

• Like 2

I'm still bitter - I haven't watched one second of the finals. Can't wait for it to be over.

I'm that way with most of my sports teams whether its Hawks, UGA, or Falcons.  I will sometimes watch the CFC or Superbowl but I don't remember the last NBA finals I actually watched the majority of a game or series. 

I cannot fathom how on fire the Cavs were from beyond the arc in our series, and outside of LeBron, they have played like the chumps that they are.

Part of it was our piss-poor defense, but in Game 1 we had people all over Smith and he was unconscious. Shumpert, James Jones, "Delly" (yuck), all knockin' em down from deep in our series... and can't throw it in the ocean vs. Golden State.

It is really frustrating to watch!!!

Smith did go off the first half of the last game against GS...second half he was not there at all, but in the first half he was like he was playing in game one against us.

• Premium Member

Simple. Mosgov and Thompson destroyed the Hawks small front court...........

I have to agree with this.

Golden State may not be infinitely better than us, but they have done a lot of hustle to neutralize Mozgov and Thompson.  Moreover, we were too injured.  Our team doesn't work if there's a cog missing.  And we have several.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am watching most games and rooting against Dirty Delly and the refs chosen one. If the Hawks can't win I'd root for CLE except for my strong dislike of DD and the favoritism Bron gets and so clearly believes he deserves.

• Like 2