• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am still bitter.

volman

I'm still bitter about the fact the Hawks didn't really leave it all on the court. I just felt like they stopped playing Hawks basketball and regressed to the Hawks of the past. Yeah fatigue and injuries were a factor, but I thought playing as a team could help alleviate some of that. Instead, they went 'iso'  and embarrassed themselves doing so to be completely honest. All the high BBIQ went out the window and I'm still baffled how or why that was allowed to happen.

The sums up the ECF implosion. I cannot believe the coaching of CMB. He would take Teague out when he was hot and we were up or at least competing and put in Schröder. Then the dam breaks loose.

Not pulling for a team in the finals, not really.

I'm pulling against Cleveland, their dirty play that everyone knows about

and against "His Honor, The King" who expects the officials to let him

decide about fouls.

Bron is great!  I have no doubt about that.  He's one of the greatest around.

He drives inside like an NFL running back and, if any one gets between him

and the goal, he always expects a blocking call.

As big and talented as he is, Bron is a cry baby when the calls don't go his way.

Watching this is worth the time it takes to watch the finals!

I don't like it when the west beats the east.  Them against us.  However, in this

instance I'm willing to make an exception.

GO WARRIORS !!

• Like 1

• Moderators

lol at nobody watching finals, but offering opinions about what is happening in the series.  Really starting to wonder about the Squawk.

I'm watching and the one thing that is very clear is that the Hawks weren't as deep as we thought we were.   We had a lot of injuries but so do the cavs and they have better options off the bench.   I know they have lebron and all but still.

• Like 2

lol at nobody watching finals, but offering opinions about what is happening in the series. Really starting to wonder about the Squawk.

Those who say they are watching are the ones offering opinions.

Not true.....check the DMC quote thread.

My self and Sothron are the only 2 who said they aren't watching in this thread. Some are still bitter and watching. Edited by JayBirdHawk

My self and Sothron are the only 2 who said they aren't watching in this thread. Some are still bitter and watching.

Thanks for remembering me. HELLO? You know I have no problem when my gf pretends I don't exist, but when the Squawk pulls it on me, it's upsetting I won't lie.

Thanks for remembering me. HELLO? You know I have no problem when my gf pretends I don't exist, but when the Squawk pulls it on me, it's upsetting I won't lie.

Lol, my apologies - I did a quick browse only.

I have to agree with this.

Golden State may not be infinitely better than us, but they have done a lot of hustle to neutralize Mozgov and Thompson.  Moreover, we were too injured.  Our team doesn't work if there's a cog missing.  And we have several.

With Thabo, the Hawks MIGHT have won two games in the series. They still wouldve lost because, last time i checked, Thabo doesnt play the 4 or 5. He wouldve slowed J.R. Smith down, but Thompson and Mosgov STILL wouldve dominated the paint. There is NO way around this. The Hawks HAVE to address the 5 and 4 positions or next year, they gonna drop to a 4 or 5 seed in the East.

Whats strange about saying they need to address the 5 and 4 positions is the fact that its NOT that Horford and Sap are not doing what they suppose to do, its they CANT do whats required to beat teams with a big front court that can rebound. 

Lets say they stay the course and concentrate more on spreading the floor.  Pero, again, is the problem. If Pero was hitting at a decent clip from the 3 point line, he wouldve NEUTRALIZED other teams bigs. If Mosgov or Thompson had to come out to the wing, obviously, they cant rebound like they were doing.

Thats why i love Kaminsky as the pick for the Hawks. Its obvious to me that Coach Bud is enamored with bigs who can shoot. Why not replace Pero with one who can. People say " Kaminsky isnt ready, is soft, blah, blah, blah". My response is, can he do any worst than Pero if you throw him out there into the rotation and let him learn on the fly?" Five years from now, if the Hawks pass on that kid, its gonna be like when the Falcons traded Brett Favre. They better not mess this up.

Edited by atlhawks1

• Moderators

Yall haven't been missing much. The Cavs are awful and Steph just woke up a couple games ago. As dominant as LeBron has been, watching one guy do absolutely everything isn't very entertaining.

Draymond calling himself out for lack of toughness and then bringing it for his team was very impressive. As it stands today, Iggy is the MVP for consistency and making it tough on LeBron.

I'm not a Kerr fan, a little too cheeky with the media for my tastes, but he is a natural. The Warriors roster isn't overly talented. I'd say the Rockets and Bulls are considerably deeper when healthy. Yet, he's taken a team with a PG who many questioned if he could start 6 years ago and an oft-injured C (who half the time they don't need anyway) to historic Bulls and Celtics efficiencies on both ends. The roster is fleshed out with cast-offs, salary dumps, and guys without positions in a Western Conference that's as murderous as it's ever been.

I'm not a Klay fan either but he seems to be a good barometer for heir team, even more so than Steph. One of the best things in the NBA is the "oh yeah, I forgot about Harrison Barnes" moments. I've never seen more quiet explosions from a player. He'll dunk in your face with finesse and grace. I'll be looking for a signature performance from them and Wardell to cap off the 'Ship unless LeBron goes '07 Pistons Game 5 on them.

As the biggest Steph Stan ever, I'm torn. He doesn't deserve a 'ship yet, he needs a little more hurt and hunger, but it's Steph, man. And Riley.

But as far as my Hawks, they dropped the ball. We should've won in 6, regardless of whatever. I thought the gameplan was gonna be single up on LeBron, box out Thompson, and stop depending on Kyle so much. None of hat happened. GS on the other hand has singled up on LeBron, boxed out Thompson and Mozgov as a team after Game 3, and didn't look at Steph as a security blanket. They utilized their backup guards in Livingston and Barbosa and even dusted off David Lee. I hope Bud hasn't gotten a lick of sleep since, he doesn't deserve any. Pop probably killed him for getting swept by a David Blatt. Fortunately he's coming back twice as prepared next year.

5 star post!

Yeah I hate the Cavs and it's just a joke the treatment Lebron gets and demands from the refs/league/media. It's nice to see Curry embarrassing delaladiva though.

i am watching the Finals and loving it. My son keeps asking why Lebron gets 3 steps on his drives. He also says he would be a great tight end in football with his ability to catch and run over folks.

Wisdom from a child;)

Go Hawks!

• Like 3

i am watching the Finals and loving it. My son keeps asking why Lebron gets 3 steps on his drives. He also says he would be a great tight end in football with his ability to catch and run over folks.

Wisdom from a child;)

Go Hawks!

You got a young scout/ GM in training! Get him an internship with the Hawks asap.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

My thoughts, 

I think besides the injuries, the Hawks let Cleveland get into their head.  GS started off that way but they have gotten really agressive and Iggy is the support that Curry has needed.  Curry has stepped up and mentally decided he cant be stopped.   I've been watching the series and I hate Cleveland, Lebron, and Dally.   Lebron is the  biggest complainer in the league.   Cleveland is also without Love and Kyrie.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member

My thoughts, 

I think besides the injuries, the Hawks let Cleveland get into their head.  GS started off that way but they have gotten really agressive and Iggy is the support that Curry has needed.  Curry has stepped up and mentally decided he cant be stopped.   I've been watching the series and I hate Cleveland, Lebron, and Dally.   Lebron is the  biggest complainer in the league.   Cleveland is also without Love and Kyrie.  

I don't think it was so much Cleveland getting into the Hawks head as it was that our injuries just didn't let us put up a good response.  Go back to game 3.  Close game, we should have won.   When you have to put Antić and a Hobbled DMC on the floor and no Korver,  it's difficult to see the win from our team.  When Paul plays injured and he can get his shooting form, it's difficult for us to win.  People talk about we need a star?  They learned nothing from this past season. We were dominant without one.

Love Kyle to death but the entire playoffs showed we can't depend on him and scheme our movement around him as much. Teams knew exactly where he wanted to pass in the system if someone was attached, then the shot clock is in their favor so we end up with rushed, non-rhythm perimeter shots. Draining the clock was OUR schtick on defense in January. He needs a much shorter leash when he's bottled up, of course improvement at the wing better enables us to do so.

Kerr made the proper adjustments with Curry and Green's PNR as well as leaning on Barbosa and Livingston when Steph didn't have it or was being defended too tightly. You would like some post play mixed in with the sets like the Spurs in Tim's prime, but look at GS. Where the hell is their post presence?

They're our motivation all next year. We were neck and neck with them fools for 3 months until we eased off the gas and the injuries started raining down. GS eased off as well but circumvented the injuries rather amazingly. If they went from unmemorable second round exit to coaching change and O'Brien Trophy in 13 months, we should almost expect at least a Finals appearance with the inevitable improvement in a weak conference. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Love Kyle to death but the entire playoffs showed we can't depend on him and scheme our movement around him as much. Teams knew exactly where he wanted to pass in the system if someone was attached, then the shot clock is in their favor so we end up with rushed, non-rhythm perimeter shots. Draining the clock was OUR schtick on defense in January. He needs a much shorter leash when he's bottled up, of course improvement at the wing better enables us to do so.

Kerr made the proper adjustments with Curry and Green's PNR as well as leaning on Barbosa and Livingston when Steph didn't have it or was being defended too tightly. You would like some post play mixed in with the sets like the Spurs in Tim's prime, but look at GS. Where the hell is their post presence?

They're our motivation all next year. We were neck and neck with them fools for 3 months until we eased off the gas and the injuries started raining down. GS eased off as well but circumvented the injuries rather amazingly. If they went from unmemorable second round exit to coaching change and O'Brien Trophy in 13 months, we should almost expect at least a Finals appearance with the inevitable improvement in a weak conference. Let's Go.

Kyle getting shut down was one reason Demarre had such a huge playoff.  Which is the second biggest value of having Kyle on the floor.   But i agree totally that we need to improve at the wing, especially the 2.  

• Like 1