• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Magic Nimber.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Went to the Dieselputer.  Started doing the figures....

IF we were to get Sap to agree to the EBMax and let John Jenkins go....

We would have 9.305 Million to spend on FA and 1st round pick. 

So here's the Magic Numbers.  IF that's all we do and we keep the first rounder....

7.759 Million to spend on a Free Agent and that would mean  we could sign a player to a 4 year 33.13 Million dollar deal.

If we dump the first ,

we have 9.305 Million to spend of a FA and we could offer a 4 year 39.73 Million dollar deal.

If we dump the first and Mike Scott, we have:

12.638 million to spend on a Free Agent and that would mean that we could sign a player to a 4 year 53.966 Million dollar deal.

in my estimation, keeping Sap is probably best if he takes the EB Max.

If we lose Sap, Drop Jenkins,  and keep the first, we will have 24.384 to spend on FAs.

If we lose Sap, Drop Jenkins, and lose the first, we will have 25.93 to spend on FAs.

If Sap agrees to EB Max, we keep the first, Drop Jenkins, and move Scott and Mack, we have:

13.526 Million to spend on FAs.

What do you suppose we will do?

I suppose we must wait and see.. What's your fascination with giving Sap EB anyway? Do you really think he is worth 16m a year? I am not so sure about that. I like Sap but I do not want to see anyone overpaid just for the sake of keeping.

12mil is about the most i could give Sap. He developed an outside shot then lost aggressiveness in the post. He tries to move around like a SF but struggles to maintain the level of athleticism through a whole season.

Right on! I love Sap but 12 is the Max, got much love for Carroll but 8 would be the Max for him..

• Premium Member

A 2 time allstar.  lead scorer.  A top rebounder.  Good defender.  Important cog.  Yeah  Max EB.

Millsap vs. Higher paid colleagues.

Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member
Edited by Diesel

I would rather pay Matt Barnes 2 Mil than pay Carroll anything north of 8 there really isn't a significant difference between the 2 players..When Carroll had his big moment to prove his worth he wilted against Lebron..

This has to be a joke.

• Like 1

This has to be a joke.

Barnes and Carroll are both slim scrappy 6'8 guys who can make open shots..Again I love Demarre but some of u are nuts because of your distorted perception that Demarre is an offensive juggernaut like a Lebron James or Melo at the 3..He is a f***ing role player who was even pissed on by Jimmy Butler and K. Leonard.. The guy is expendable.. Edited by LastDon

I would much rather split 8 mil between Gerald Green and Matt Barnes..Some of you in this forum are being too near sighted in wanting to tie up 33 million between Carroll(15mil) and Sap 18(mil)..when we do this then someone is going to steal Teague..Dennis or Jefe when they are up for new deals..

Barnes and Carroll are both slim scrappy 6'8 guys who can make open shots..Again I love Demarre but some of u are nuts because of your distorted perception that Demarre is an offensive juggernaut like a Lebron James or Melo at the 3..He is a f***ing role player who was even pissed on by Jimmy Butler and K. Leonard.. The guy is expendable..

You sure like your extremes. 

I would much rather split 8 mil between Gerald Green and Matt Barnes..Some of you in this forum are being too near sighted in wanting to tie up 33 million between Carroll(15mil) and Sap 18(mil)..when we do this then someone is going to steal Teague..Dennis or Jefe when they are up for new deals..

I haven't seen a single person suggest that we spend 33 million on Sap and Carroll.  For one, the cap wouldn't even allow your scenario.

Sefalosha Bazemore and Barnes alone would compensate for the lost of DMC..

NO They won't. Sefalosha said he might not be ready for the start of the season, Baze is not a SF he is a SG, and add to that we have no idea what Korver will be coming off ankle surgery. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Can one of the stats heads please pull up the nimbers to show how K. Leonard, Jimmy Butler and Bron busted up Carroll this season.. I'm adamant that we shouldn't pay 1st tier money to a 2nd tier small forward.. I admire Carroll's heart and determination but business is business..