• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Grades the Hawks Trade to Knicks

thescout5

Good to know nobody is challenging the message, just the messenger.

Ah, I think we overpaid but I think they didn't care because they didn't see anyone they wanted.  Now, I think that was a mistake because Hardaway could've been had for cheaper but it is what it is at this point.

Why b*tch and moan about it at this point?  Hardaway will help us immensely more (and sooner) than any of these rando wing draftables and we're in win-now mode.

ETA: And yes, I like to kill the messenger but I also like to craft my own message.

Edited by kg01

Yeah, we all know ESPN is crap.  Can't just cherry-pick their nonsense when it happens to match our agenda.

I don't cherry pick or give two cents of credit to Chad Ford's ability to judge athletic talent. Him and the rest of ESPN need to stick to the stats and quit trying to judge who has upside and who doesn't.

Hardaway shoots .353 3PT and 81% FT%. He was assisted on only .528% of his shots; compared to Carrol who was assisted on .728% of his shots and Korver who was assisted on .915. Hardaway needs to get his wildness in check but nothing about his game indicates he is more of a reach than Oubre.

We need some players who can get their own shot. We took Hardaway over Oubre and I like it. The sports centers of the world create 8 mock drafts, then brag about the one that was right about so and so gong to so and so. If we took the time to make up 8 mock drafts, I am sure we would all get a lot of picks right.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

I've questioned Oubre all along, and Hardaway at least has name recognition.  But hell, what do I know?  So I won't say it was an A or and F.  But, it was a pragmatic trade for the Hawks.  They ought to know by now that they either don't have a scouting department at all, or if they do it sucks.  So trade your draft for a known quantity.  Kind of a defeatest attitude for draft night, but heck Adreian Payne, BeBe, John Jenkins and the list goes on and on.  (Take out Teague (Sund era) and Dennis (Ferry era) and we've got little to show for in first rounders since the no-brainer, that even Billy Knight couldn't screw up - Al Horford.

When Obre came out like he's trying for role of Dorothy in an all Male "Wizard of Oz" production, clicks the heels of his ruby glass slippers three times and says "There's no place like DC, there's no place like DC.  I'm off to be a Wizard!!"  It was just surreal.   But I'm ok with that.  I'll wait till he burns us a few time before regretting and then hope no one remembers this post.

Good to know nobody is challenging the message, just the messenger.

Theyre consistent. They dont wanna talk about thjs merits with us either. Just that we don't trust bud and "don't know how to act as a 60 win team".

K.

• Moderators

Theyre consistent. They dont wanna talk about thjs merits with us either. Just that we don't trust bud and "don't know how to act as a 60 win team".

K.

I want to act like the Spurs. They would keep the pick and sign Gary Neal as a cheap FA if a so, so chucked is what they wanted.

• Like 1

I want to act like the Spurs. They would keep the pick and sign Gary Neal as a cheap FA if a so, so chucked is what they wanted.

Exactly. They want to make this about THJ. It's not. It's the fact we gave up for more assets than he's worth to get him.

• Moderators

yeah we have had great draft scores before and where did that get us .... NO WHERE   im not concerned about it just hope they make some serious moves in FA

Didn't we draft two guys who were All-Stars last year in Teague (pick #19) and Horford? Aren't they are most important foundational players? Are we better trading Teague for Bellini or Neal or another THJ one dimensional nonelite gunner?

• Premium Member

D is more then generous. F- would be my grade.

We will regret this trade. THJ is an inefficient chucker who plays no defense and can't rebound or pass. Unless we needed the cap savings to get him versus the 15th or 19th pick then this makes no sense whatsoever. The Knicks had already soured on the guy and we could have had him for peanuts.

When Knicks fans and media are bragging about how they fleeced your team, well, that kinda says it all.

• Like 1

The Sprus last five 1st round picks:

2015, Nikola Milutinov, Euro Stash

2014, Kyle Anderson, kept

2013, Livio Jean-Charles, Euro Stash

2012, No pick

2011, Cory Joseph, kept

They really don't do a lot in the draft for "right now". How happy would you be if we took a Euro player in the 1st round to stash away for two to three years?

• Moderators

D is more then generous. F- would be my grade.

We will regret this trade. THJ is an inefficient chucker who plays no defense and can't rebound or pass. Unless we needed the cap savings to get him versus the 15th or 19th pick then this makes no sense whatsoever. The Knicks had already soured on the guy and we could have had him for peanuts.

When Knicks fans and media are bragging about how they fleeced your team, well, that kinda says it all.

There are no cap savings versus the 19th pick. It is almost identical this year and next year THJ becomes like 40% more expensive. After that he is a FA.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Sprus last five 1st round picks:

2015, Nikola Milutinov, Euro Stash

2014, Kyle Anderson, kept

2013, Livio Jean-Charles, Euro Stash

2012, No pick

2011, Cory Joseph, kept

They really don't do a lot in the draft for "right now". How happy would you be if we took a Euro player in the 1st round to stash away for two to three years?

They haven't drafted near the 15th pick. When they did, they took Kawhi. We can use depth and development for the next Teague.

• Premium Member

There are no cap savings versus the 19th pick. It is almost identical this year and next year THJ becomes like 40% more expensive. After that he is a FA.

That makes this trade even more idiotic. Danny Ferry where are you?