• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Jordan

38 mins ago - via Twitter ArashMarkazi

Arash Markazi: The Clippers offered Jordan the max, which was 5 years for about $109 million. He went with the Mavs’ 4-year, $81 million deal instead.

Free Agency, DeAndre Daniels, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Clippers

Wow - didn't see that one coming. He must really have issues with CP3 or he hates their new uniforms, lol.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Admin

I'm sorry but Jordan was dumb for this. He turned down more money and a better fit in LA to supposedly become the "man" in Dalas.

he will never be the man ... His offensive game is dunks and he can hit a free throw ... He has no touch and u can't have him in there in the 4th

he will never be the man ... His offensive game is dunks and he can hit a free throw ... He has no touch and u can't have him in there in the 4th

One word: Holger Geschwinder. Well, let me have hopes...

And he actually was pretty good when Blake was out. IMO he showed he can be a Dwight Howard. Mavs dont have a prolific scrorer anymore, but lots of 3 point shooting and floor stretching that would benefit a Jordan offensively. In any case, these signings(Matthews as well) make me excited to have my Mavs in the mix for the remainder of Dirks career. They considered tank-mode if they didnt have landed Jordan.

Its really amazing to have two teams to root for east and west.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Well the dude is one of NBA's most prolific rebounders and rim-protectors...ever...

I sometimes feel people hate/downplay hyped players from hyped contending teams a little to much. Like lots of people would say similar things of Paul and Griffin. Now what if he could actually add a bit of a good offensive game? Also I think he's the perfect guy for disguising Dirk's growing liabilities on D, and while at it also having some production himself. + he's from Houston(f them), and Matthews from San Antonio btw.

Also I think ATM also Parsons and Matthews are overpaid, but for one thats the name of the game these days, and secondly the mavs are trying hard last years to build a contending team each year as long as Dirk is still around.

Im just a happy camper they try hard the next couple of years. If they dont do these things the Mavs are a trainwreck. They have traded away all their future assets for years. They have no other option really than free agency, and that being said I think tanking is way overrated.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

The Los Angeles Clippers are lobbying for DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to sign with the Dallas Mavericks.  Jordan agreed to join the Mavericks on Friday.

The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to convince DeAndre Jordan to reconsider his decision to sign with the Mavericks after Jordan verbally committed to join Dallas last week, according to league sources.

With a day to spare, Clippers officials are hoping a DeAndre Jordan-to-Dallas deal is no slam dunk. Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images

Free agents are traditionally considered off limits once they strike a verbal agreement with a team during the NBA's annual moratorium period, but sources said that the Clippers have pushed to secure a meeting Wednesday in Houston for coach/team president Doc Rivers and possibly owner Steve Ballmer to make one last face-to-face pitch to Jordan in an attempt to convince him to walk away from the four-year, $80-plus million max deal he committed to with the Mavericks and instead stay with L.A.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13221695/los-angeles-clippers-lobbying-deandre-jordan-back-deal-dallas-mavericks

Uhh when is the NBA going to step in on this.

I was thinking the same.  Even though, technically, nothing's illegal about it.  They need to remind all parties that dude agreed, in principle, to the deal already.

If he backs out he can kiss goodbye his prospects of playing anywhere but the LAC for the rest of his career.  The LAC will likely never do another deal with DAL.  His agent (Fegan?) will likely be semi-blackballed or be considered tainted (at best) by this.  The Mavericks could be forced to take similar measures against other teams' "signed-in-principle" players to replace Jordan in their FAgency plans and on and on it goes.

All in all, this ain't cool.  If I'm his agent I never let this meeting happen or I drop him as a client.

Edited by kg01

Seems like Doc is by passinh agents:

Thursday is the first day teams and players can formally sign contracts once the moratorium is lifted. Sources say the Clippers, since Jordan’s return to Houston, have been bypassing his representatives from Relativity Sports and have been urging him to take their offer instead while there’s still time. 

– via ESPN.com

Agents, Free Agency, DeAndre Jordan, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Clippers